Fan Art Help Request

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need a USB cable that connects into your camera and your computer. Your camera company should make one for your camera

Comment

How do you get GIF files to make into avys, I have a program I can make avys with, but I don't know how to get the GIF files

Comment

I use http://www.photobucket.com and best of all its FREE !!!!!!!

Comment

The only way to turn a jpeg or other file into a GIF that I know of is pretty easy. I do the following on my PC.
          First you open the photo or graphic file you want to change in your photo editing program (or if you don't have one use Paint). Then go up to the File menu and select "Save As" from the "Save As" dialog box choose to save as a GIF from the File Type drop down list.

Originally posted by wickedgirl23
          How do you get GIF files to make into avys, I have a program I can make avys with, but I don't know how to get the GIF files

Comment

Thanks, but how do you get the clips?

Comment

Are you asking about video clip avatars?
              I haven't the foggiest idea how to make those, sorry. I thought you were asking about making regular photos/ jpegs into GIFs. I'm sure someone else knows the answer.

Comment

yeah sorry, video clip avys

Thanks anyways

Comment

If you already have the pic in .avi form you have to open it up in adobe imageready and then click File -> Save Optimized image as... it should be selected on .gif then jsut click save. Then just do whats been said before.

Comment

you have to either rip them from the dvd or dl them and then edit the whole ep into the clip that you want. From there you can crop it, reduce the size and then optimize it so it reduces to k-site size (60x60 and 20Kb).
                    Hope that helps.

Comment

okay thanks

Comment

np , I spotted your fan art thread, I'll check it out soon.

Comment

I was wondering if someone could tell me a good place to get brushes for abode photoshop cs2? (That's if it's not against the rules)

Comment

here are some sites, check out their affiliates for other good textures, brushes etc ....

A clear exhibition stand design method plays an crucial function in your trade show stand outcomes.

Comment

Thanks Holly.

Comment

I kind of posted some tips in my avy thread - but these aren't meant for extracting clips from the DVD's but from other sources like ".wmv" files, ".divX" files or ".mov" files.

I'll also post it here so you won't have to go searching for the thread.

To extract “.wmv,” “.divX,” or “.mov” format video clips and convert them to GIF:

To do this, you’ll need programs such as ULEAD Video Studio 7 and Adobe ImageReady. Basically, you’ll be using the Ulead program to convert the clip/segment to “.avi” and afterwards ImageReady to convert that file into *.gif*

Steps using Video Studio 7:

1) open the file and drag it down to the storyboard/ timeline area on the bottom of the screen.
                                2) Click on “extract video,” and select the segment you want to extract.
                                3) Click “ok”
                                4) Find “share” on the top right-hand side of the screen and click on “create video file” then click on “custom”
                                5) Enter a file name for the clip and save as “.avi” file type
                                6) Click on “save”
                                7) You are ready to close this program and move on to Adobe Image Ready

Steps using ImageReady:

1) Open the *.avi* file you have just saved using the other program. Note: if the clip is long, you might want to select the “limit to every ___” option that can be seen in the pop up window; otherwise select “from beginning to end”
                                2) Crop the image to suit your desires.
                                3) Click on “image,” select “image size” and enter the desired width and height in pixels. You can work with more or less any size, but I usually used 100x147.
                                4) Click on “file” and “save optimized as” and enter a file name and select “images only *.gif” as the file type
                                5) Click on save
                                6) The file is now converted to GIF and you can start to edit it to Ksite standards by using one of the avatar-making programs.

Hope I was some help at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎