'Video Technical Help Thread'

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'll keep it especially for compressing vids for you .

Comment

I have Virtual Dub with a mpeg encoder. It's a good capture software. Then I import into WMV. Which kind of sucks...because I have Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5....but have been unable to get use to the interface. To quite honest...I have a lot of Adobe software...but due to work and other things going on in my life I haven't been able to use any of them. So If anyone reading this has a tutorials on..Preimere Pro, After Effects, and Encore...pm me.

Comment

Sorry can't help you there. That's why I use Vegas, cause its way easier than Adobe and way better than WMM.

Comment

I can't get my footage onto Vegas though. It says you can't use MPEG's with the trial, and there's no way to convert the video!

Comment

You can use WMM to get the scenes you want. This will make a wmv file. And then put that wmv file into Vegas to edit. The trial version will let you use wmv files.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat
              That's why I use Vegas, cause its...way better than WMM.
              I'm not convinced of that. The simple act of trimming clips with Vegas seems unnecessarily difficult compared to movie maker. Movie maker enjoys a far more user-friendly, intuitive design than Vegas does if you ask me.

Comment

Everyone has their own preferences and ways of getting their vids done.
                Hey, Stephen, I used Premiere and After Effects but I don't have the tutorials. Lol! Sorry...
                Dunno why but I prefer to experiment and make mistakes than reading stuffs... hehe.. maybe I learn more things that way... only when I'm in desperate need of help would I go search online for help topics.

Comment

Does anyone have the MPEG plugin for Vegas 5 because I can't find it on my computer?...Maybe I should just deal with WMM...lol.

Comment

Beans - the Mpeg Plugin means you have to register
                    Pm if you dont know where to order the plug in.

Comment

About the logoaway with virtualdub you discuss earlier here is what I've done so far:
                      Parameters:

Preview:

Is this imageshack.us thing right?

Is a little blurry and I don't know how to make it better. Anyone has tried to remove the logo?

Comment

Oh cool! Are you able to double-filter? Like once you have filtered out the WB you can later filter out the Fresh episode? I know it is just a blur, but that is SOOOO much less noticeable than the WB. So how did you find the logo coordinates? Guess and check? I wonder if they are the same coordinates for every episode! I hope so! Thanks for the images, they are so helpful!

Comment

Yes, I check in the preview and try few numbers. I'll try with different episodes to see if they are the same coordinates.

Comment

I used it before to clear som other clip. But to make it look a bit more perfect, I had to clear some areas frame by frame. Haha...

Comment

Okay - I asked this as a supplement to some previous posts but now I am begging those of you who have amazing picture quality - HOW DO YOU GET THAT QUALITY WITH MAGIC DVD RIPPER! JR (SheBangs) used to be the ultimate Magic DVD promoter, and he has amazing picture quality! Ryan(Vyperman) has great quality and uses MDVDR, and many of you guys have PERFECT picture quality, but I don't! I don't know why! I ripped ALL 3 seasons, and they play amazing w/ Real Player and WMP, but when I use them to edit with Vegas, they are not the same aspect ratio as the Season Four footage I have....
                              How do you guys do it? You could take a leaf out of anvacel's book and take a screen cap of your MDVDR screen w/ all the settings, maybe the DivX settings screen. that would be AWESOME! Can you help a vidder out? I know after seeing others make vids w/ erfect quality, I will never make another vid w/ sub-part footage, so I hope you guys and girls can help!
                              Thanks!

Comment

Actually Chris,

I was the one who promoted Magic to everybody and then JR got it on my tip and enjoyed it. Then he started raving about it as well, but I was the first. I just wanted to clear that up.

Now you are using Vegas right? It is not possible to change aspect ratios in moviemaker. You can make everything in widescreen, but the widescreen for the S1-3 will be thinner than S4.

I have never had to adjust any settings on Magic. The picture quality comes out awesome because of the Vegas software. When you go to render a video, make sure that the default template is selected. Then select "custom" and make sure to select "Best" when it is talking about rendering quality.

Also, to get all the stuff in the same format go to the scene you are editing and right click. Then select the video event/pan crop option. Then scroll down where it says untitled and select the 16:9 option. This will get all of your scenes in the same aspect ratio.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎