Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SmalliesMatt
    About the Dvd Softwares?? Do you want dvd ripping software?
    Most Popular has to be Magic DvD Ripper. The speeds are insane and i ripped my Spiderman dvd in 45 mins Just think how quick it would rip a Smallville Ep?
    If you Google for other dvd ripper you may find others
    There are so many - 100 + im sure
    i found that magic is really slow, maybe my computer was just being slow .....

Comment

then what do you use???

Comment

i don't make vids (well i've only made one)

Comment

then try #1 dvd ripper - Imtoo ripper , 1 click dvd ripper.
          these are the ones off the top of my head again, google has ALL the answers.lol.
          Oh and Holly - thanks for sending those links to Lane again

Comment

I have a Question - what do people here Render At in Vegas 5?
            I want to render at the highest quality? What must i render to?
            Wmv or What [/B]

Matt

Windows media video v9 wmv
            default template
            Audio: 64 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo.
            Video: 29.970 fps, 720x480, Quality VBR 90, WMV V9 Compression.

I find this works the best for HQ

for you matt I use
            256kbps
            Audio: 32 Kbps, 22,050 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo.
            Video: 30 fps, 320x240, WMV V9 Compression.

Comment

Oh and Holly - thanks for sending those links to Lane again
              pleasure - he had to see how good they were

Comment

NO DON't USE IMTOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                You have to buy it and I did, and it was a waste. Now maybe I was using it wrong, but it didn't have too many options and settings, so I doubt it. Magic DVD Ripper was so simple for me! I did everything as they had it set up to start and the episodes came out great, then I started tweaking w/ speed and quality stuff, now I have a great balance!
                Get this: IMTOO ripped my SV DVDs not as 16:9 widescreen, but more like 9:16 TALLSCREEN! Honestly, it was ridiculous. Also, I think you had to download all four eps per disk as one file, and Magic lets you split by chapter which is great!

Comment

i didn't really understand magic dvd ripper, that's probably why it took so long to rip because i was ripping the whole disk! i couldn't work out how to do one episode (i'm really useless with computers)

Comment

9:16 tallscreen

Comment

STOIK VIDEO CONVERTER - FREEWARE

ultrashare.net is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, ultrashare.net has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Ok for beginners or even the most advanced editors, compression can be a beautiful.
                      i mean what else does a person want in this world? You can sometimes cut the sizes of videos drastically and still keep great quality.In the end of the day every1 is happy and from where im sitting no one is more happy than SmalliesMatt. Matt lives for compression. The quicker the download the easier it is. Now for a person who is stuck on dialup,like Smallies, a TINY 10 mbyte file can take a quick 1 HOUR to download

So in the end of the day compression is the KEY

Matt's Guide To Compression Heaven

1.open stoik video converter.
                      2.There is a heading that says Input file: Under here is a drop-down menu.Click the drop down menu
                      3.Click browse for input file - this is where you search the computer for your video and select it
                      4.Then go to the next heading - that says 'Output File'. Click the dropdown menu - Then choose 'browse for output file'- now you must choose a location to save the video to- Its easy just to save to Desktop
                      5.Go to next heading - 'Output file type' - here choose WMV
                      6.Leave Rendering options the way they are. So 'Keep Input File parameters' will be ticked
                      7.The only thing left near the bottom is 'Windows Media Profile to write to WMV File'
                      8.Here is where Compression is chosen.Click the drop down menu and choose some of the following - FOR SMALLIESMATT - plz choose 256 kbps - as it is alot easier to download. For better quality choose 384 kbps.This is very decent quality in my
                      opinion. And the higher you go the better the quality and Bigger the filesize.
                      9.The just click START and away you go.It will convert and will be on the desktop.

There you go

Comment

that's the one you sent me isn't it?

Comment

Holly, with magic, if you still have it, you have the drop down menu near the top - right -hand corner of the window. Here, you go down to "Custom" and you can select which episode you want to use. There are usually like 6 options to choose from, but only the ones with approx. 42 mins are the episodes. So if you know which number your ep is on the disk, just pick that number on the list of 42 minute files. Then down by the bottom of the window, you can choose to split by chapter. My PC ripped one episode in 19 mins, and 4 episodes in 1 hour. This was at really high avi quality too, with only a 300MB file size.

About the IMTOO: It really was funny to see how the video came out, except that stupidly, I didn't check until after I'd spent a week of constant ripping on the slow-speed IMTOO! I had all 18 disks saved at about 1 gig each and they were so distorted! I will try to post a screen cap.
                          Anyway, I was able to make it look fine when I shrunk it to 16:9 in Vegas, but doing this hurt the vid quality, and vids played a little jerky.
                          Last edited by Ebert & Roeper; 09-04-2005, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Holly - thats the one i sent you Keep it 4ever

Chris - funny thing is all of us helping every1 and ive never even seen any of your mv's.lol. id love to so if you can dl my tutorial software and compress for me id be a happy chappy

Comment

Funny you should say that Matt, as I was in the process of dling that software now!
                              I figured I'd test it on old vids and send them to you to see if they work!

Comment

Ugh, my "registration" code for Magic DVD Ripper isn't working and I e-mailed the support crew for help, but it's been about three days, and I've got nothing. Can anyone help, please?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎