Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Video Game News

Since the next generation of consoles are coming out soon, I figured a general video game news thread wopuld be a good idea. :X

Famitsu Publisher Talks PS3 Game Pricing
    August 30th, 2005 Posted in Playstation 3, PS3

At the CESA Developers Confrence Hirokazu Hamamura, president of Enterbrain (publisher of Famitsu) talked about the price range of upcoming PS3 software. Much like Xbox and Xbox 360, he sees a significant price increase between PS2 and PS3. Hamamura-san forsees the cheapest PS3 software being at least $70 USD (EUR 57 / YEN 7,800) while the most expensive would be around $79 USD (EUR 65 / YEN 8,800). That will leave Canadian gamers paying $83-$94.

Perhaps Kutaragi was right and we should all just suck it up and get second jobs.
    Source: http://www.gamegeeknews.com/?p=115

They're going to lose a large audience with their prices.

Well, that's way too expensive for me. I doubt my parents would even consider buying that.

Comment

Originally posted by EyeluvTom
      Well, that's way too expensive for me. I doubt my parents would even consider buying that.
      That's way too expensive for alot of people.

Comment

The new Zelda game has recently been delayed to the spring instead of coming out this fall.

Oh well, at least the game will be even better.

Comment

Originally posted by mario masta
          The new Zelda game has recently been delayed to the spring instead of coming out this fall.

Oh well, at least the game will be even better.
          Zelda got delayed... cue a new YTMND fad!

Yes, IGN posted that a little while back. But the game will have more in it, which is good.

Comment

How about the new Shenmue 3?the first 2 Shenmues looked great.I can´t wait to buy it but I think it is only for Xbox360

Comment

Did anybody see the NFS: Most Wanted preview for XBOX 360?

Comment

I greatly dislike consoles, but I think Ill make an exception and but a PS3 when that comes out. Particle graphics = HOT.

Comment

I'm tired of spending around $300 every four years for a new console, not to mention the software. Now with new hardware coming out (and being more than $300) I won't be in line for Xbox 360 or any other game console for that matter. It's just too darn expensive and most the games released are not worth their price tag.

Comment

Well Im buying a PS3, and upgrading my comp to an AMD 939/SLI dual-7800 system.

Comment

I'm getting a ps3 for sure.

Comment

$70 per game!

That's way more than I can afford right now. Whatever, I already know that somehow some way, I am going to end up with all 3 consoles...

Comment

i only want the ps3. Im not an xbox fan and nintendo is dead. I see them pulling out of consoles in the future like sega did and just make games like sega do

Comment

I don't think Nintendo is close to dead. They have the best 1st party titles in the world, and this new system should be able to garner some good 3rd party support since it has online now. All three systems will have their own benefits, and I will gradually buy them all.

Comment

matter of opinion stray. Online will play a big factor. I used to be a nintendo diehard i loved it but ever since the n64 things have got crap.

Time will tell

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎