Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilly Kane

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol thanks.. i was laughing when i saw her wearing those... why would she wear boots to a carwash? wouldnt your feet be hot? she looked strange wearing shorts.. a tshirt... then rip off fur boots... you wouldnt see veronica dressing like that now

Comment

Lily...hmmm...

She reminds me of a friend I had in H.S. Not that she slept around but she was a good friend to have if you were a girl - really loyal. You wouldn't have wanted to set her up with any of your male friends, though, because she used them and treated them horribly.

Comment

lily didnt treat them horribly... well weevil a lot and she treated logan pretty bad but not horrible...

Comment

laine, interesting observation about what VM was wearing. weird fashion i know. almost frightening. no one would where that around here... like no one. EVER. hopefully....

ohkay uhmm ... yehh LILY rightt....

ermmm

LILY is cool

Comment

i just watched the "bad fashion sense pilot special" again.. lol...

lily.....

Comment

Of all the people in the Veronica Mars universie, in many ways Lilly seems to be the worst. She slept with boys to get back at her parents, was cruel to Logan, jealous of Duncan, and ended up getting killed sleeping with and trying to blackmail her boyfriend's father. But I think this is what makes Veronica Mars such a good show. It is realistic. There are no 100% good people or 100% bad people on the show. Even Veronica is flawed in many ways. At the start of the show she despises the 09ers for their snobery and cruelty, but is she really upset at the way they act or the fact that they have exiled her from the clique? Her best freindship with the morally repugnent Lilly Kane seems to suggest the latter. Dito for the fact that she expresses contempt for the cruel and pompus Logan Echolls...........until he kisses her of course. Then all the sudden she is absolutly beaming with joy at being called his boyfreind. In my view, this is the strength of Veronica Mars as a show. It is realistic in the way it portrays its characters and the reality of high school. Even the generally good kids like Veronica Mars are obsessed with popularity and behave rather crassly from time to time. Wallace has been the perfect freind to Veronica. But does anyone doubt she would dump him in a second if Duncan (who coldly dumped her without explanation) or Logan (who terroized her for a year) came calling? Of course she would. And though that is sort of offsetting, it's also the exact same way the average high school girl would behave.
              Last edited by teamrican1; 09-01-2005, 09:17 AM.

Comment

thats sooo true....

no one would be able to tell that veronica liked logan before he kissed her... maybe she didint even like him, just until someone(popular i suppose) started liking her?(hmm.. just like lilly kind of?) she really wants to be back in the popular crowd, which makes her a hypocrite.... they dump her... be mean to her... she says bad things about them.... but if they want her back she would go in a second, even though she made it through the year fine with just wallace

Comment

I'm not sure about her not liking him before the kiss... more like never expecting or necessarily wanting anything to happen. There was definately sexual tension all season... but the kiss was very unexpected.

Agreed... the best part about Veronica is that she is a flawed character... she often does horrible things without apology or understanding... but that is what makes her real and perhaps even more likeable. She's got her morals & ideals in check... but she just doesn't know how to live by them yet.

Comment

And that I believe is the entire point of the series. VM has to get some sense of order in her life - that's what high school was about for me - and the experiences involved with going down that road. I think this year we'll really start to see herself really give herself more definition, not that she wasn't already defined.

Comment

yea i made a thread about what teamrican said and i added

Comment

I absolutely loved that Lilly appeared in 2.01 and saved Veronica. The weird thing was that Lilly said goodbye to Veronica in the dream... which really meant that Veronica said goodbye to her... so why did she suddenly show up in 2.01. Was it Veronica's sub-conscious know that something was wrong or was it really Lilly trying to protect her friend?

I really miss the constant Lilly flashbacks... I wish she would show up again. I guess anything is possible... we can keep hoping.

Comment

Maybe she will at some point. There's always that possibly since there are potentials for flashbacks ahead.

Comment

I still really want more about Lilly & Weevil. How did he come to love her so completely? Lilly has two guys, both generally tough jerks, become mush and fall completely in love with her. How did she do that? And did she love either of them? (obviously I'm talking Weevil & Logan)

Comment

It would be an interesting arc to see.

I'm sensing flashback territory that we missed except we need it from Lilly's perspective. Maybe Veronica can find a journal or something explaining more and we get another flashback dealing with these issues.

Comment

I'm really missing Lilly's dark and comical appearances this season. Isn't there a way to bring her back????

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎