Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOKU vs SUPERMAN

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Superman, because the american version of DBZ and DBGT completely changed the characters to make them smarter and more Superman like. ANd they cut out most of the blood, and scenes of Goku getting nearly killed every other episode.

Comment

It's called instantaneos movement. Superman has only been shown to fight (post-crisis) at the speed of sound while Goku moves at near light-speed. Superman can move at near light-speed linearly like when he races Flash but does NOT move at light speed when he's fighting. It's because of that Goku would defeat Superman.

This all depends if we're talking about the anime not the manga.

Comment

listen to haljordan4184 his the king in comics, (ive read a lot of ur posts lol) , Goky is more human then superman cause he aint has invulnerable

and a thousand more reasons lol

Comment

Okay, kal-el03, if you think my posts are so amusing lets exchange some contentions. Could you give me the "thousands" of reasons why Superman would beat Goku?
          Last edited by randy23; 08-09-2005, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kal-el03
            listen to haljordan4184 his the king in comics, (ive read a lot of ur posts lol) , Goky is more human then superman cause he aint has invulnerable
            That's why Goku would win in long term, because of his DNA and fighting mastery.

I don't know the American version, only the French (that was greatly translated into Portuguese) and the Japanese version (I have the manga). Goku not be smart outside the battlefield, but inside of it, he is the master, better then Piccolo and Cell. The fights in DBZ are actually at near-lightspeed. For example, Pan, at the age of 3, travelled around the world in half hour. Now imagine her father and grandfather.

Comment

Superman : Beats the hell out of anyone, hulk,spiderman,whoever
              - Can turn back time(go back to when goku was a kid and kill him)
              -Destroy planets (just like goku , exept they both cant breath in space)

-Superman is more intelligent then goku by far.

-Goku has the moves,superman has the strenght

-Superman could simply move out of the way when a kamehameha or something like thsat comes a him, since the move at like what, 50 miles an hour max lol

-Or use his laser(heat) vision to cut goku into pieces , if u remember in some episodes of dbz freezer use his lasre vision on goku but goku didnt get hit because he moved out of the way each time, BUT if superman does that while slowing down time, goku is in pieces....

well thats only some of the reasons why goku is "nothing"against superman.

Comment

Superman : Beats the hell out of anyone, hulk,spiderman,whoever
                - Can turn back time(go back to when goku was a kid and kill him)
                -Destroy planets (just like goku , exept they both cant breath in space)

-Superman is more intelligent then goku by far.

-Goku has the moves,superman has the strenght

-Superman could simply move out of the way when a kamehameha or something like thsat comes a him, since the move at like what, 50 miles an hour max lol

-Or use his laser(heat) vision to cut goku into pieces , if u remember in some episodes of dbz freezer use his lasre vision on goku but goku didnt get hit because he moved out of the way each time, BUT if superman does that while slowing down time, goku is in pieces....

well thats only some of the reasons why goku is "nothing"against superman.
                That's an awful proof that you don't know DBZ.

Going to say this again, Goku would win in long term. Superman is not more inteligent than Goku on the battleground, quite the opposite (Goku is the master). Cell was genius, yet Goku surprised him. No one can use the same trick against him twice, he becomes powerfull after each battle (even more if he badly hurt).
                Last edited by Timester; 08-10-2005, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Fine, then...

Pre-Crisis, Superman would win, because his powers derived from the photonucleic effect and his atoms, when outside his native solar system, would be too dense for Goku to harm him.

Post-Crisis, Superman's powers do not make sense, and he engages in hand-to-hand combat even when it's stupid. Goku wins.

Comment

Even then, that's a lack of understanding of GOKU. A saiyajin's power does not come form himself. They channel the energy of the universe around them, the stars and the planets, and direct it at their opponents. Goku doesn't actively generate power, but rather, he channels it into himself from the world around him. The biggest showing of this is the genki dama, a gathering of all the positive energy int he universe, immediately deadly to evil. His most powerful move is moot, because it won't work on superman, a being even more evil free than goku.

Also, Goku is not invulnerable, nor is he literally as sup0er strong as superman. He augments his, admittedly, superior to human strength, with energy. When two people fight in the dbz universe, they aren't using solely physical blows, they direct energy at their opponents through punches. Much like tai-chi masters can, only a thousand times more powerful. But you can still hurt and kill Goku. Even fighting, he's not a true genius. He's a great instinctual fighter. But his primary tactic has always been to let the other guy tire out while trying to beat the crap out of you. And then you beat him when he's weaker. And in some cases, where that hasn't worked, he relies solely on a mastery of a very unique blend of martial arts. But they are not his own design. He didn't develop his fighting technique. He jsut became good at master roshi's, then later the kai's.

Comment

Re: GOKU vs SUPERMAN

i noe this has already been done like a 1000 times. But id like people to really justify there choice.Cause me and my friend were arguing on that, i think superman would win by far. He could just super-speed in front of goku without him knowing and break his nick with his ear lol.

(if people love the pic ,pm me ill give u the adress)

can i av the address for the pic please

superman would woop goku's ass
                      Last edited by Ben000; 08-11-2005, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                        Even then, that's a lack of understanding of GOKU. A saiyajin's power does not come form himself. They channel the energy of the universe around them, the stars and the planets, and direct it at their opponents. Goku doesn't actively generate power, but rather, he channels it into himself from the world around him. The biggest showing of this is the genki dama, a gathering of all the positive energy int he universe, immediately deadly to evil. His most powerful move is moot, because it won't work on superman, a being even more evil free than goku.
                        That technique isn't intrinsically apart of him. Goku(Kakarotto, Gokuh, which ever you prefer) was already strong even before King Kai taught him the Genki-Dama. Are you telling me that Goku (when he was young) subconsciously sucked energy from everything around him? That wouldn't make any sense. Goku used Kamehameha at a very young age even before meeting King Kai. When Goku uses Genki-Dama, he asks people on their own accord to lend their energy to him. Also, if I use your logic, why would Goku need to train under high-level gravity if he could just suck the energy around him for strength? This was also used by Vegeta. Again, if I use your logic, what would be the point of Goku using energy attacks when sparring with Ubuu? Knowing that Ubuu is not evil. One can could conclude that he uses his inner "Ki" as energy.

I can agree that Genki-Dama would be useless against Superman, but his regular energy attacks would do some damage against Superman.

Originally posted by HalJordan4184
                        Also, Goku is not invulnerable, nor is he literally as sup0er strong as superman. He augments his, admittedly, superior to human strength, with energy. When two people fight in the dbz universe, they aren't using solely physical blows, they direct energy at their opponents through punches. Much like tai-chi masters can, only a thousand times more powerful. But you can still hurt and kill Goku. Even fighting, he's not a true genius. He's a great instinctual fighter. But his primary tactic has always been to let the other guy tire out while trying to beat the crap out of you. And then you beat him when he's weaker. And in some cases, where that hasn't worked, he relies solely on a mastery of a very unique blend of martial arts. But they are not his own design. He didn't develop his fighting technique. He jsut became good at master roshi's, then later the kai's.
                        No, Goku is not invulnerable, I can agree with that. How is Goku using his "Ki" different from Superman using the yellow sunlight to boost his own cells to do amazing feats of strength?

Goku's primary tactic is not simply to wear out his opponents. He didn't try to use that tactic against Vegeta(Bejita) in their first meeting, he went all out to the point that his body started to fail. He also didn't try to use that tactic against Frieza or Kid Buu. If you have any examples of him trying to wear out his opponents as a primary tactic please do share.

Being a visceral fighter is on some level being a genius in fighting. For Goku to read moves and to know what to do next shows that he uses tactics when going at speeds where you could only hear them not see them. Goku fighting as long as he has (even in the afterlife), I highly doubt that he didn't teach himself new fighting techniques besides Master Roshi and the Kai's techniques.

Comment

YOur basing all of your arguments off of the american version of dbz. The japanese version is far more complex, and far mroe based in what i've said. GOku as a child relied on his physical strength, yes. But the Kamehameha was his first true use of ki outside of his body. It was his frist real success at manipulating the energy around him, and in him.

Now, a saiyajin can get stronger by training under higher gravity. This is because they still have physical muscles, and bodies that are superior to humans. They heal quickly, not superfast, but quickly. And they can add a lot mroe muscle mass in a more compact form than we ever could. However, this is mostly used as a means with which they can control more energy, and expend less when fighting. By bulking and toughening their body up, they can channel, and handle more energy flow through their bodies. Note in the beginning (of DBZ), characters could blow themsleves up tryingt o power up too high. And those this danger was constant through the whole series, saiyajin's were the least at risk. Their bodies are uniquely designed to handle high levels of ki under extreme circumstances. Note King Kais surprise at Goku surviving a Kaioken X3, much less a kaioken X10. However, as was shown in the original Japanese version, Goku in his body, even powered up, is still susceptible to physical damage, and takes it from simply being thrown moderately far. But the saiyajin body in its unique toughness can keep going while heavily damaged. But this does sverely hamper his ability to use Ki.

Also, if we go by the DBZ universes japanese rules, The higher Gokuy powers up, the less time he has to defeat his opponent. As a supersaiyajin, he can only last half an hour powered up. As a level 3, only fifteen minutes. Now, with cell he did manage to make it so he could last as a supersaiyajin seemingly indefinately. But when new levels were gained, he was limited again in a time frame with each new level attained.

Now, GOku channeling Ki is very different from superman being powered by the yellow sun. SUperman actively stores energy from the sun. He is a living solar battery. Goku however is a capacitor. He only cahnnels energy, but doenst retain it. He can't save it for later use. He's either powered up, or not. There is no in between. He's never just on standby. THis is a serious disadvantage in a fight. Unless Goku starts off powered up fully, he's done for.

Comment

so................like i said SUPERMAN would kick GOKU'S ass!!!

Comment

Originally posted by randy23
                              I highly doubt that he didn't teach himself new fighting techniques besides Master Roshi and the Kai's techniques.
                              As I remember (and I do remember very well, sice in Portugal just started the 8th rerun of the all saga ), the only that teached Clark fighting was Mr. Popo. Roshi train was based on body-building and Kai only teached him Kaioken and Genki Dama.

But I will say again, in long run, Goku would win (even if he losses the first battle).

Comment

Goku is gonna lose it. It won't be the easiest fight Superman has ever had, but he will win it. He is a master of fighting, as much as DC forgets that. He mastered a few martial arts out during his world travels, notably ju jitsu.

But we;'re left with the big question of does Goku possess the ability to channel enough energy to hurt superman sufficiently enough that he becomes mortal enough to kill. And is Goku automatically starting off at super level four, or doing his normal routine of powering up as the fight progresses just so he can guage an enemies true strength.

Now, as for examples of how Goku has fought just trying to tire enemies out and then beat them. He did this various times in GT. Z not so much, but still sometimes, and all the time in Dragonball. In Z it was a little different. With Vegeta, he knew the enemies coming were much more powerful than him. Right off they knew they had to seriously bulk up, and train hard, because the saiyajins coming to earth were way more powerful than raditz. But even then, when GOku fought vegeta. He made it a hand to hand fight. WIthout powering up as high as he could go first. He tried to win it the typical Goku way. Fist to fist, and hopefully you can outlast the other guy. ANd it didn't work. If he would have tried the genki dama right off, or the kaioken X10 it would have made more sense, knowing that Vegeta was way more powerful than raditz. But he went typical Goku. In GT he fought some of the Dragons who were stronger than him, and his tactic was again to get them to waste as much strength beating on him as possible, and hope he could hold out long enough to finish them off.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎