No announcement yet.

Magnetic Revisited

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnetic Revisited

“Magnetic,” the way it should have ended. Just for SVSleuth, I put what little humor I could find back into the scene. (This was originally posted elsewhere without Lana's internal monolog).

Magnetic Revisited

As she made her way up the stairs in the Kent barn on her way to Clark’s loft, denim-clad Lana was not looking forward to what she had to say.

Coming up on the landing before the last few steps, Lana watched as Clark, reading in the dimming afternoon light, got up from his old, comfortable red chair to greet her.

Imagine that, she thought, Clark’s in flannel again. Though it looks good on him. What doesn’t? Still, I’d give a year’s-worth of shoes to spend five minutes alone in his closet with a match and lighter fluid. At least in Metropolis, he knew how to dress. Black leather and tight t-shirts…mmmm…wait a minute, let’s get back to business. If I’m focusing on his bod instead of what I have to say, I’ll get lost in those eyes and the only things that will come out of my mouth will be “Duhhhhh” and drool.

“Lana.”

“I came by to say thank you for saving me from Seth…and to apologize, for real this time. I should’ve believed you Clark, I’m sorry.”

“I know you weren’t acting of your own free will.”

“Maybe, but even though I was under Seth’s influence, part of me always knew you were right. I just kept telling myself that you were jealous. I guess that’s just the way I wanted you to feel.”

As he sat on the edge of the top step, Clark answered, “It wasn’t easy for me to see you with another guy.”

Taking a seat beside him, Lana asked, “Are you still sure you don’t want to be that guy, Clark?”

“Lana…”

“It’s all right. I just wanted to make sure before I told you this. Even though my compass was way off with Seth, he still had the courage to be honest with me.”

“Then he used his abilities to manipulate you.”

“I am not condoning what he did. Believe me, I’m paying for it. It still felt good caring for someone and having my feelings returned…I want that again.”

“Oh, Lana…if it were only that simple…”

“It is that simple, Clark. I want to love someone who loves me back. Who loves all of me with all of him. Who doesn’t hide part of himself from the woman he professes to love. Can you be that someone, Clark?

“I’ll make it as clear as can be, I love you with all my heart and soul. Every part of me. But unless you can give everything in return, it’ll be a one-sided relationship…doomed to fail. I can’t be in a relationship like that…choose, Clark.”

As he stood and paced the top level of the loft to help ease his agitation, Clark decided, turned to her and said, “I choose you, Lana… always you. Do you have time? What I have to tell you is gonna need plenty of it.”

Grasping his hands as she rose to meet him, Lana answered, “For this, for you, for us…there is no time, just...now.”

The End
    Last edited by Cardinal; 10-07-2005, 08:04 PM.

you have got to be kidding me you can't stop there!

Comment

When I wrote this, I was answering a fanfic challenge on another site. I wasn't sure how long the altered ending to "Magnetic" would be, but when I wrote Lana's last line, I knew it had to stop right there.

I can picture Lana and Clark holding hands, their bodies backlit by the dying light pouring through the open loft door. As they talk, the camera pulls back slowly and the picture fades to black!

I didn't want to write another "revealing the secret" scene as I have just written one. The story is called, "At Last!"
      Last edited by Cardinal; 08-06-2005, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Well couldn't u try?? To write a reveal scene for this?? oh well if it must stop there it must but it was very short u know? Just do u!

Comment

“Magnetic,” the way it should have ended. Just for SVSleuth, I put what little humor I could find back into the scene.
          Aw.. Thanks, Cardinal. Sweet scene. And thanks for the humor:
          At least in Metropolis, he knew how to dress. Black leather and tight t-shirts…mmmm…wait a minute, let’s get back to business. If I’m focusing on his bod instead of what I have to say, I’ll get lost in those eyes and the only things that will come out of my mouth will be “Duhhhhh” and drool.

Now I'm off to read your other thread.

Comment

mna tats weird

Comment

oh my god i just caught up please just continue!!!!!!!!!!!thats was great!

Comment

awww...come on card....we know you want to continue....

Comment

I think it was nice endin it there personally..

Comment

need more...

Comment

that's how the SV series should supposed to end man...thanks card!

Comment

OMG!!! Card wrote and finished a fic in under 20 paragraphs? That in and of itself is amazing! Are you feeling OK? ha ha

Comment

^^^ sorry found that pretty funny

I liked the way this episode would've ended WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than the real one. The last line was awesome! I would like to see more of this Alt version but by the looks of it u won't (dang!) oh well. Still really good Card! thanks

Comment

Awesome rewrite. Man I am constantly on Sweet and should come here more often. lol.

Comment

Great story.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎