Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not waiting for Greg Horn art....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

omg, its amazing. Great job....bravo. I love the color tones just like how I envisioned. Beautiful job on the suit.

Comment

Very nicely done. I think the colors might be a little off, but for all I know it could just be because the medium it was done in doesn't allow for a perfect match.

All in all, though, superior work.
      Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 07-28-2005, 04:25 PM.

Comment

That is AMAZING, no computer cheating, just a pencil and paper......awesome!

Comment

Summers- Thanks!

Backward Galaxy- I did have to tweak the colors once I scanned the artwork. Plus, I just saw how the painting looks on a Mac at work and it looked very dark on screen. But my intention was to try and keep the colors in tune with SR.

DoodyPants- Thank you. Yes, it was pencil and paper--and then finally gouache paints. I haven't yet painted with a computer, but personally I would hardly call digital painting cheating. It's just another medium and it depends on the skill of the person who is creating the work. Although I think working digitally in some respects is perhaps the most forgiving medium to create in.
          Last edited by five11; 07-28-2005, 05:47 PM.

Comment

five11 thats AMAZING.

Comment

Thanks, TMLS' BROTHER.

Comment

BOOOOOOOO!!! Get this out of here, the artwork sucks, my five year old brother can do better just by scribbling. Just joshing you. Amazing work, it would've been priceless just to see your face when you thought somebody would actually say something negative about your drawing. Again, amazing drawing, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by randy23
                  BOOOOOOOO!!! Get this out of here, the artwork sucks, my five year old brother can do better just by scribbling. Just joshing you. Amazing work, it would've been priceless just to see your face when you thought somebody would actually say something negative about your drawing. Again, amazing drawing, keep up the good work!
                  People have said that to me. Believe me, I can deal with a critique, but only if it's constructive. Besides, we had crits all the time in college between peers and teachers, so as an artist, my skin is pretty thick. I appreciate the feedback .

Comment

Great job, I didn't like the direction the nose was going at 1st (thought it was too dark) but after seeing the finished product it looks really good. The only thing I don't like is how wide and big the cape is, but the rest is really great.

Comment

Originally posted by five11
                      TWCK, Summers, Chai-El (and everyone else) thanks again for the compliments on the pencil art.

Here now is the finished painted version. Have at it!
                      Awesome! I especially like the texture of the boots and the way you depicted the cape.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎