Clarks new power

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarks new power

Perhaps supe has the power to make people not recognise him

Thats why he doesnt need to wear a mask, glasses is part of the image so he doesnt have to concentrate all the time.
    Could be fun episode when Clark tries to master it, noone would recognize him. Imagine his mom shouting "who are you ? get out of my barn !"

After that, Clark can start showing his stuff in public.

that would be an interesting power and a funny one to.

Comment

That's a good idea! That would be a good power for Clark and very funny. I don't like the huge glasses that Reeve wore in the Superman movies, so with this power, Clark wouldn't have to act like a dork in the future.

Comment

Clark not having to act like a geek would be a plus.

Comment

Originally posted by LoisNClark
          Clark not having to act like a geek would be a plus.
          That's the part of the Superman movies I've always hated the most. There is no reason why Clark needs to act like a geek. In L&C, Clark never acted like a coward or a geek to keep his identity secret. Perhaps the power to not be recognized - to project a different mental image of himself on Earthlings - would be a great power to develop in SV as a way of explaining why others in both pre and post crisis sagas could never tell Clark with glasses was Superman.

Comment

I wonder if it is breath freeze? Doesn't Superman have that ability? It would make sense with him being in a cold climate.

Comment

Being in the Arctic, he'll get that without even trying!

Comment

I would like to see clark's super power be intelligence or knowledge....something like that.

Hear me out. He is starting college, and he now has the FOS (we think) which is a vast library of knowledge as lex would say.

I think it would be interesting if Clark has to deal with saying too much in (math, physics, chemistry). He might know off these theories that nobody has ever thought of yet.

It also might be why he sticks to the journalism track. A little more fair in his mind, and a little more challenging.

Any thoughts?

Comment

According to the spoilers it will be some backflip super power. Which is pretty lame.

Comment

I dont think thats a power. I think its him learning to control his powers better or using them in combination.

Comment

i think its more like him being able to elevate, almost like flying.

Comment

They've only had small examples of his uhh "super intellect" in that one episode, it might have been the first episode or at least one of the first. Where Martha was doing some math and Clark came in and quickly gave her the answer.

I think we saw in season four that he was starting to get better grip on his powers namely his using telescopic vision. IIRC, in the comics his X-Ray vision isn't really XRay vision, it's a combination of his telescopic and microscopic vision to see through objects, with lead causing problems because of its density.

He really doesn't need new powers every season since it isn't like Clark gets all his powers by the time he turned 18.

He doesn't have a power to make people forget what he looks like or whatever (that just reminds me of Superman II's amnesia kiss, yuck). He does make him self uhh, vibrate so when people take his picture his face is a blur. His suit is also a part of his disguise which is sort of why it's so "eye catching" with people focusing more on his suit than his face. People usually don't question that Clark is Superman because they've been seen together many times and people assume Superman is Superman and doesn't have a alternate identity.

Since this is due to be the last season, I certainly think he'll fly, minus being brainwashed or whatever.

Comment

Re: Clarks new power

Originally posted by Rick Fenix
                          Perhaps supe has the power to make people not recognise him

Thats why he doesnt need to wear a mask, glasses is part of the image so he doesnt have to concentrate all the time.
                          Could be fun episode when Clark tries to master it, noone would recognize him. Imagine his mom shouting "who are you ? get out of my barn !"

After that, Clark can start showing his stuff in public.
                          DC comics did a comic about this, and they found that the reason why it happens is because clark's eye's release a hypnotic beam that are hightened by his glasses since they are made from the glass of the ship he crash landed inl.

Comment

Re: Re: Clarks new power

Originally posted by god007
                            DC comics did a comic about this, and they found that the reason why it happens is because clark's eye's release a hypnotic beam that are hightened by his glasses since they are made from the glass of the ship he crash landed inl.
                            It came out in the late 70's in Superman v1 comics. There were some serious flaws with the hypnotism so the writers had to drop the power, and give you the "disbelief" feeling that people actually believed that Superman/Clark were two separate people.

Comment

Sounds pretty cool though.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎