No announcement yet.

Charisma Carpenter

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charisma Carpenter

Over on the Buffy thread... one of the regular users informed us that Charisma had been officially cast on VM... there have been rumors since she is friends with Rob Thomas' fiance. Here's what he wrote when I asked him about it...

"Charisma Carpenter ("Angel") and Steve Guttenberg ("The Poseidon Adventure") have joined the cast of UPN's VERONICA MARS, beginning with the critically acclaimed drama's second season premiere.

Carpenter will play Kendall Casablancas, a sexy trophy wife and stepmother to brothers Dick (Ryan Hansen) and Cassidy "Beaver" (Kyle Gallner) Casablancas, two of Veronica's (Kristen Bell) rival, affluent schoolmates. She will appear in at least six episodes. Meanwhile, Guttenberg will star as Woody Goodman, a charismatic major league baseball team owner and leading candidate in the local race for mayor of Neptune, Calif. To show his support for the community, his daughter will be transferring from her private school to Neptune High. He will appear in at least seven episodes.

I found this at a Charisma site I got to."

I'm not sure if this is true... since he didn't give me the site address... but it seems possible.

It's true. I read it at futoncritic.com. I think that it's cool that she will be on the show. I can't wait to see her as a spoiler trophy wife. Charisma rocks!!!

Comment

Thanks for letting me know... now I can get excited. I love Charisma... Cordelia and Spike were my favorite Buffy/Angel characters... so definately exciting.

Here is the link that I found... for those of you who want to read the full article yourself... seems legit...

And another link...

Last edited by yellowqueen22; 07-14-2005, 06:45 PM.

Comment

I was a fan of "Angel", but utterly dispised the character of Cordelia.

Im sure the new characters will be integrated seemlessly into Neptune's community.

Comment

Really... Cordelia is one of my favorite Angel/Buffy characters. But I'm sure you are right... the new characters will be fit in perfectly. I have faith in the VM cast & crew.

Comment

charisma will be a great addition to VM if only for 6 eps, whats with the buffy characters coming to VM? I am expecting Spike to show up and be V's new love interest

Comment

Apparently Rob Thomas is a big fan of Buffy... and the Buffy gang is a big fan of Veronica Mars. Additionally, Rob Thomas' fiance is BFF with Charisma (slightly exagerating). So it was kind of inevitable. Rob Thomas was quoted during the first season saying he really wanted Charisma to be on the show... but he was waiting for a good part for her. It would be great if we could see Charisma and Alyson in the same episode. Although I might start channeling Buffy and thinking they should stake an evil vampire 009er.

Comment

I would rather new faces appear on VM, I have watched the B/A cast for 8 years so I would prefer this to be the last B/A character on VM as I feel its a bit of a ploy to get more viewers, nothing wrong with that except that VM really doesnt need that to get more viewers. I dont think the ratings went up much with AH on the show, and except with an appearence by SMG (perish that thought) would the show see a spike in ratings for 1 episode.

Comment

I agree with you about gimmicks & ploys to get viewers. But there's also something to be said for bringing in great actors for guest parts... whether they are from Buffy/Angel or not. As I said before... I don't care if the new characters are new faces/unknows or well-known actors... as long as they are good in the role.
                  As for getting ratings... it didn't work on The Mountain when they brough James Marsters on... so I'm sure that can't really expect it on VM. Guest star rating gimmicks only work when you bring A-list Hollywood actors on sitcoms like Will & Grace or Friends.

Comment

EEEE!

I love Charisma Carpenter and Steve Guttenberg so naturally I'm very pleased with these choices! I can't wait for the new season!

Comment

I'm excited too... and can't wait. Good to have you back Clarkoholic.

Comment

Thank ya! It's good to be back. I need to do some catching up in the VM forums though; I've missed a lot.

Comment

It's been very quiet over here... I hope things pick up now that you and some of the other regulars are returning. Although some regulars seem to have left for good. Hope we get some more great VM discussions going. Once again... welcome back!!!

Comment

im so happy that charisma is gonna join! she was so funny when she was on buffy... i was mad that she left when season 4 or something started

Comment

Here here... I think Charisma was one of the funniest Buffy/Angel characters... and absolutely misreable when they put her in a coma and killed her off. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful addition to Neptune.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎