Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 1.01: The Pilot

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i dont really like her hair in this episode... its too short i like it better longer(not like in the flashbacks though)

Comment

yehh me too. i think she looks more mature with her hair short.

Comment

As far as pilots go... this one is killer. There is just so much jam-packed into it, which may be a little overwhealming for new viewers. I loved rewatching it on my season one DVD. I forced a friend to watch it with me and she was glued to it immediately. And now with all the new viewers in Australia, the UK, and Canada the show is really picking up steam.

What did you guys think of the extended version of the pilot on the DVD? Did you like the extended opening or did you prefer how it opened when aired on TV?

Comment

The pilot got me hook, line and sinker. Probably one of the best-written pilots I've ever seen.

My absolute favorite scene is the Logan/Veronica/Wallace/Weevil confrontation scene at the very end. Especially knowing what we know about these characters now, it is so layered and nuanced that I missed 90% of what was REALLY going on the first time around.

Good thing I watched the pilot again. (and again and again. )

Comment

this episode was so good. i was afraid when i first saw it that it would be good at first, but then start to suck but it didnt. it's kept up the awesomeness of the pilot throughout the series, which is great

Comment

I think the only thing that makes the pilot problematic as a pilot is that there is so much in it and that it is so good. I've seen too many shows begin with a tight, well-written & well-designed concept plumit into the fiery vastness of TV hell. Veronica Mars, luckily for us, is one of the few shows that has lived up to the greatness of its pilot and surpassed it.

However, most people who watch the pilot now, without ever seeing VM before, seem to be overwhealmed by all the backstory and exposition thrown at them in the pilot. Which is sorta understandable since it is an overwealming episode. Whereas those who watch the pilot after already seeing some of the later episodes absolutely LOVE the pilot.

I think, like ProudPenny said, there is so much going on in the pilot, that you miss most of it the first time around, especially if you've never seen the show before.

Comment

I loved the pilot. Sadly, I only saw the original once. When I got the box set, I saw the extended version. I wish the box set had included both versions of the pilot.

KB grew out her hair after the first episode because Showtime contacted her to do a movie version of the Broadway play Reefer Madness.

Comment

The only difference between the pilots is where it starts. The original pilot started right after the credits of the extended pilot... and that is pretty much the only difference.

Comment

so the stakeout at the camelot never happened in the origional?

Comment

It did happen... but only as you see it later in the episode.

Comment

I just watched the Pilot for VM yesterday (I'm a bit behind, but hopefully, will catch up before S3 is finished airing, heh) and I must say I was not only impressed with Kristen Bell, but also in the fact that Veronica is a good-hearted, but street smart girl who never gives up. Those are qualities I really like in character, especially, LEAD characters

I'm looking forward to finding out more about the story in the rest of the season!

Comment

Wow the stuff in this thread is deep and very cool.

I'll come back and read it throughly...

I just popped in to say that I've finally watched Veronica Mars Season 1 disc 1 and I'm in love. I think Veronica may be my hero.

I felt empowered and didn't really know why. Especially when she wiped away her tears after being date raped. That was a powerful moment for me.

Anyhoo, she's also funny and fun and I enjoy hanging out with her. I loved Nancy Drew and so... I'm enjoying that aspect and enjoying even more that I don't have to wade through smarmy barbie-ness.

I've also fallen in love with Lily. Right now I think her mommy did it.

I liked Duncan, then hated him and now I understand him.

I hated Logan then wanted him killed and now I've gotten a glimpse of who he really is. I also thought about the fact that his girlfriend was murdered.

This show is good. Real good.

Comment

hey ginnyfan! glad kryptonsites converted another vm fan!

I started watching when I saw a banner on ksites news page.

Anyways, YES! this show is empowering. and it makes me wish i had savy decective skills like Veronica.

YES! we all love lily. which is what compells us to want to know who killed her.

I wont say whether celeste did it or not, but your spot on in your speculation. JUST DONT. stray from the episode discussion threads until youve watched the episode, you dont want to be spoiled, ESPECIALLY. in Veronica Mars =]

Duncan and Logan are both exceptionally well written charactars. RT wanted in the pilot for Logan to seem like a jerk, and he did, but he gets deeper and we can really sympathize with him, which is why we all love him.

If your only on disc one of season one and think its this fantastic, your in for a roller coaster ride for the next three =]

JUST DONT BE LIKE MY FRIEND. who watched eight episodes or so, and then skipped to the finale to find out who killed lily. thats not cool!!

Comment

I didn't skip and boy and I glad. What a wonderful twist! LOL!

Comment

I was watching this episode the other day and its kinda crappy how the quality of the show deteriorated in S3... although I'll reserve judgment on that until the DVD comes out -- usually this show is best watched as a whole.

This episode really is one of the best Pilots I've ever seen, and I liked the parallels with the last episode. eg. the 'I don't want his apology', in the Pilot that comment from Ronnie was directed towards Logan being beaten up by Weevil for Veronica. By the last episode the situation is reversed. Ah, I miss VM!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎