Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing people to Veronica Mars

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally caught an episode tonight and loved it! I can't wait to watch more and to buy the DVD box set to catch the episodes I missed. Veronica Mars just got a new fan.

Comment

Welcome to the club. Like the name by the way!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
        Welcome to the club. Like the name by the way!!!!
        Thank you to both!

Comment

CBS & UPN Want to Introduce People to VM Too

CBS will be airing 4 VM episodes over the rest of the summer in order to promote Veronica Mars and its synergy station UPN... check out the article excerpt and the various articles below.

CBS to Air UPN's Veronica Mars
          July 21, 2005
          By John Consoli at TCA

Taking advantage of the synergy afforded under the Viacom umbrella, UPN president Dawn Ostroff announced today that sister network CBS will air four episodes of the UPN drama Veronica Mars this summer in an attempt to expose the show to a broader audience and reach some viewers that perhaps have not yet watched the show, which recently completed its first season and has been renewed.

CBS will air the premiere pilot episode of the UPN show at 8 p.m. on Friday, July 29, and air another episode at 9 p.m. that night. CBS will then air episodes of Veronica Mars on Friday, Aug. 5 at 8 p.m. and on Friday, Aug.12 at 8 p.m.

"Veronica Mars is a smart, intelligent show, and it simply needs more exposure to gain real traction," Ostroff said.

Les Moonves, co-president and co-chief operating officer of Viacom, and chairman of CBS, said. "With all of the various divisions now working together under the CBS banner, our company is in a unique position to provide the kind of support and promotional platform that no one else can match. Summer broadcasts of Veronica Mars on CBS provide something fresh for the CBS viewer in this time period, and will generate more awareness for this UPN drama as it heads into its second season."

In a separate interview, Moonves said the media "need to stop looking at UPN as being a minor league ballclub [network] to CBS. UPN may be an expansion club, but in no way is minor league."

Comment

Awesome! I can catch the pilot episode and more! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by yellowqueen22
              Lex... definately worth the effort... you and I seem to have similar TV taste... so I have no doubt that you'll love VM.

Oh... and thanks for your OZ script... I really enjoyed it... what kind of feedback are you looking for???? I can be fairly harsh... english literature, theatre and film background... so let me know.
              No problem, that's feedback enough for me. If you want more detailed feel free. I'm also an English Major, believe me since I'm in that major I rip SV for its bad writing constantly.

Comment

I got my friend into it by having her watching the pilot on CBS last Friday. She fell in love with it right away. Now that it's on the big networks, it's so easy!

Comment

I'm trying to convince my boss at work to watch it... I think I will succeed.

To date I've already got my sister and my mom watching it...

Comment

Digging that Avatar yq22

Comment

Thanks... although I just changed it again... I'm getting bad about changing them frequently. I've posted a few VM avatars on the following thread if you are interested...

A place to post links to your visual Veronica Mars-inspired masterpieces. PLEASE READ THE RULES OF THIS FORUM BEFORE POSTING.

It's the VM fan art thread...

Comment

cool avi's in the KS thread, I recruited my mom to the VM world, so I hooked me another She likes V and Keith, well, like mother like son. She loves V's sass and i love V's, well take the s out and that explains it all.

Comment

That's so cool! I how did you get your Mom into it? I've been trying forever! I got my brother into it. Yeah, he's hooked.

Comment

Well I went to my folks place on wed nights for dinner and since VM is on at 9pm on upn, I forced her to watch with me for the first 3 repeat epsodes and then she called me and asked when the show was on, so i laughed and told her "mom, i watched three eps on wed with you, for the last couple of weeks so you should know its on at 9 on weds" So she said thanks and that she'll watch on Wed night, she also said "Don't be a wise-ass with your mom" but I got her hooked.

Comment

I sat my friend down to watch the pilot on my lovely Season One DVD set... and she was completely addicted. She was begging me to tell her who killed Lilly Kane and who rapped Veronica!!!

I forced my sister to watch all of Season Two in one weekend... she was so excited!!!

Comment

where do you get all these avators from?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎