Lane Smith Memorial Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so sorry for Lane Smith's family. Also it was a good actor. He laughs us in Lois & Clark...

Comment

Lane Smith was Perry White. He's my favorite Perry White ever, and I am very sad that he's gone.

Rock on, Chief.

Comment

He was awesome! He was tough but sweet!!!

Comment

Great actor

Wow. I just finished a blitz of S1 DVD-viewing (my first time - Awww!) and this actor was just so great. All of them were exceptional, but Lane was very special and hell I wanted to go work for him!

Comment

Lane was the greatest. He will be missed, my heart goes out to his family.

Comment

Lane was honored on the Screen Actors' Guild Awards.

Comment

"Great Shades of Elvis!". We'll miss you Lane!

Comment

I was sorry to hear of his passing. He was just wonderful on LOIS & CLARK.

Comment

God bless him and his family. Lane Smith was amazing on Lois and Clark. Someone above said "Lane was Perry White." Yes he most certainly was. He will be missed...

Comment

Originally posted by NightwingRobin85
                      Great Shades of Elvis! Thank you for the laughter Lane, you were the greatest Chief in Superman history. May you Rest in Peace.

Rip what a legand

Comment

Personally, I think that Lane Smith was the PERFECT Perry.

He was loud and yelled. yet he was also caring and humorous.

Out of all the Perry's to date, he is my favorite. I hated the fact that the latter half of the third season and the fourth season completely lacked on Perry.

You could tell that he cared for his paper, but also cared for everyone involved. He loved Lois and Clark like they were his kids. and his chemistry with Jimmy was remarkable. I loved him with Jonathan Landis....but he was also great with Justin Whalin.

And from the third season premier episode, I had the feeling that Perry knew that Clark and Supes were one. There was this smile on Perry's face just after Supes stopped the crook in the elevator that made me feel that he knew just what was going on.

Again, he was the best Perry I've known on screen (including SR) and it saddens me that he has passed.

Comment

Wow, i'm in shock i had no idea that he had passed on. I grew up watching him on Louis and Clark and he was awesome.

Comment

Lane Smith was a wonderful Perry White. I hear his voice whenever I read Perry in books or fanfics or whatever. He was fantastic.

Comment

may he rest in peace, and i have something to say on his behalf---great scotts of elvis!-----my good wishes to the family......

Comment

Originally posted by clarksgirl93
                                may he rest in peace, and i have something to say on his behalf---great scotts of elvis!-----my good wishes to the family......
                                I could be wrong, but I believe its,
                                Great Shades of Elvis!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎