Lane Smith Memorial Thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was extremely saddened when i heard the news about Lane Smith. He was a terrific actor and to me he will always be "THE" Perry White. I will miss him greatly.

Comment

Its very sad news i used to love watching L&C and always thought lane smith was an excellent actor, always his enjoyed his version of perry white i wish his family well

RIP

Comment

Deeply saddened to hear of Lane Smith's passing but glad he is no longer subject to the ravages of ALS. He was an incredibly fine actor who gave his best to every role he played. I enjoyed his performance in the V series and more recently have fondly remembered his Perry White while watching the L & C newly released DVD. There is a spontaneity and joy in his work that radiates to the viewer. He will be greatly missed but his fine work will remain a testament to him.

Comment

aww...thats so very sad...he'll always b my perry..hes woz a great actor and ill always remember him
          my thoughts and heart 2 hes family
          RIP LANE SMITH

Comment

Its truly the world's loss for losing such a talented and beloved man.

I send my regards and condolences to his family and hope that Mr. Smith will RIP.

Comment

I enjoyed Mr. Smith's work as Perry as well as so many other wonderful performances. If you've never seen his turn as Richard Nixon, you should. He was so talented.

So many people are unaware of ALS today. In fact, my cousin was just diagnosed with it as well. It takes many people from us way too early.

Lane Smith will be missed. He always put a smile on my face each time I saw him.

Comment

I remember Lane Smith as the spineless mayor who collaborated with the commies in "Red Dawn". Also as the spineless mayor who collaborated with the lizards in "V". Thankfully he wasn't typecast after that! He was the best Perry ever, especially at a time when all things Southern are frowned on and typecast, he was intelligent and tough-as-nails and hilarious! He will be missed.

Comment

Rest in Peace Chief.

Comment

I was deeply saddened to hear of Lane Smith's passing, but happy that he is no longer suffering.

I've been a fan of Lane since I first saw him in My Cousin Vinny and The Distinguished Gentlemen. However, for me, Lane will always be Perry White. In the four short years of "Lois & Clark," Lane managed to define a character that has been around for over half a century. Whenever I think of Perry White, one of my favorite characters from the comics, I'll think of Lane.

My heart-felt condolences go out to Lane's family. I'll really miss him.

See you later, Chief.

Comment

While Christopher Reeve was the best Superman. Lane Smith was the best Perry White. L&C was the first place I saw Lane and his character was beautifully done. One notable episode I remember is when we see him dancing to Elvis tunes while under the influence of the mist that came from the toy rats.

I also saw Lane Smith on an Outer Limits episode and of course from "Mighty Ducks" as the coach of the Hawks.

It's sad to see yet another legendary actor in the world of Superman actor go away.

My prayers go out to Lane's family.

Rest in Peace Chief
                      Last edited by SuperConartist; 06-14-2005, 01:38 PM.

Comment

My heart goes out to his friends and family during this difficult time. I pray they find comfort in the wonderful memories of the times they shared with him.

He was a wonderful and talented actor, and he will be missed by all of the fans he touched through his work, myself included.

May he Rest in Peace.

Comment

Lane Smith was such a great actor, not only in L&C, but in everything he did. He was hilarious as the prosecutor in My Cousin Vinny.

As far as his Perry White goes, despite the fact that Michael McKean played the role on Smallville, it's always Lane Smith that my mind conjures up whenever I read Smallville fanfiction.

He will be truly missed.

Comment

I was really sadden to hear about Lane Smith. He was tremendous actor in my opinion, as well as the best Perry White ever.

My smypathies go out to his family as well as my prayers. He will be missed.

Melody

Comment

The Loss of Lane Smith

I am deeply saddened by the news of Lane Smith's passing. He was, and always will be. My "Perry White". I will think of him whenever I see or hear anything "Elvis". I always got a kick out of the Chief's Elvis moments. He loved the King as much as I do. I will also have a smile on my face each time I remember Lane as the Father in the movie "Son in law". I have seen that movie hundreds of times. And still laugh uncontrolably at his portral of a father less than thrilled to have Pauly Shore around. That is a classic. Lane Smith has many more great characters and performances that we can watch and enjoy in his memory. He was a talented and unique performer. He will be greatly missed by many. And kept close to the hearts of those of us who admired and enjoyed his many talents. My deepest condolences to his family at this difficult time.

Peace be with you always,

Jodi Demarse~
                              LoisLnKent

Comment

Mr. Smith has done so many things. He is one of those actors that just makes any movie a little bit better...even a Pauly Shore movie. :-P

RIP Chief. We'll miss you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎