Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lane Smith Memorial Thread

I just received the unfortunate news that Lane Smith, who was such a fantastic actor on L&C as Perry White, passed away this morning.

Fans are invited to post their tributes in this thread and I'll do my best to see that the wishes are sent to his family.

If you've seen the L&C set, you've heard how fondly folks like Dean Cain talked about Mr. Smith. "He had stories from before I was born!" Although there have been many other really great actors to play Perry White, like Michael McKean or Jackie Cooper, to an entire generation Lane was "their" Perry.

For more details including a letter from his family, click here. A more fitting KryptonSite tribute will be posted here soon.

-- Craig @ K-Site

What a terrible loss! My heart goes out to Mr. Smith's family! He was an incredible actor and he will be sorely missed!
    May he rest in peace!

Al

Comment

I was just watching L&C today, and loved it. I really thought that the show was held together with Perry in that he always kept Lois and Clark in check with each other. RIP Lane Smith . . .

Comment

RIP Lane, he was my favorite Perry White. I send my condolences to his family and friends, and he will truly be missed by his fans

Comment

Great Shades of Elvis! Thank you for the laughter Lane, you were the greatest Chief in Superman history. May you Rest in Peace.

Comment

May God bless your family during this difficult time. Don't worry.. he's free of all illness and stress. You'll see him again.

Comment

I was watching my Lois & Clark DVD today when I heard this news. He was an incredible actor and the best Perry White! He was my favorite character on the show! He will be missed. My heart goes out to Mr. Smith's family.It is a terrible loss! RIP Lane Smith . . .

Comment

Lane Smith was a wonderful actor, and I really enjoyed him on "Lois & Clark", as well as the original "Mighty Ducks" film.

God Bless his family, and I hope the best for them.

Comment

Lane Smith was a perfect Perry White and great actor on Lois and Clark. My heart goes out to his family and friends and hope Lane is in a better place, cured of ALS.

Comment

I had just posted how much I like him in a thread yesterday and bam he goes and passes away. God rest his soul.

Comment

I always hoped that Lane would one day get better and return to acting, but I guess that was not to me. Growing up, I vividly remember him as the good-natured, warm character he played. RIP Lane. I will miss you.

Comment

He was such an awesome actor, I don't think anyone could ever play a better Perry White.

Rest in peace, Lane.

Comment

Mr. Lane Smith was, is, and always will be the best Perry White ever. He was a fantastic actor whose "L&C:TNAoS" love-potion-fueled Elvis-style serenade to his maid, Rajalia, is my favorite scene of his. He really took Perry White and made him more than just a supporting character. He grabbed the spotlight plenty of times, and he will be missed.

I purchased the "L&C:TNAoS" DVDs last week and was watching them this weekend... Next time I watch one of them, it'll be in memory of Lane.

I send my deepest condolences to his family; while it is always heartbreaking to lose a loved one, you all have had to struggle with his deterioration due to ALS. I admire the strength and resiliency all of his friends and family must have as well as the brave spirit Lane kept until his last moments on earth. Looks like "Chief" gets to fly just like Superman now.......... God speed.
                          shirkie

Comment

i just finished watching L&C and loved Mr. Smith. He was "The King", and my heart goes out to his family.

Comment

I always enjoyed Lane Smith's portrayal of Perry White. He will always be my favorite. I give my condolances to his family and may he rest in peace.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎