Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clana - How "This Time" Will be Different (PG-13)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

YES!!!!THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!CONTINUE POST POST!!!POST!!!POST!!!!!PLZ!!!BTW THNXZ FOR THE UPDATE!!!!SO POST!!!!!PLZ!!!!!

Comment

Great update, I can't wait to see Lana's reaction.

Comment

plz post more, i wanna know what lana's reaction would be..... great update btw

Comment

omg what a cliff hanger u have to update soon!! I don't think I can stand it!!

Comment

great update to a great story. ppms

Comment

POST!!!!WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH CLIFFHANGERS FOR THIS SEASON!!!!WE WANT ANSWERS!!!

Comment

Sorry, guys. I've been in a writer's conference all day So I'll have to skip a day of posting.

So here's the first line of the next scene, just so you can see Lana's reaction:

"Cool! Yeah! I always wanted an alien boyfriend...."
                JUST KIDDING!!!! I'll make it better than that

Thanks for all your comments and encouragement. I'm having fun!

Comment

can't wait to read ur next update... so make it sooooneeeer plz?

Comment

I agree with kewl, need update bad

Comment

We've been waiting four years for Clark to tell Lana he's an alien, I don't want to mess it up I'll work on it tonight and post tomorrow night. You guys sure boost my writer's ego though. Thanks!!

Comment

MAN, this is so addictive. i can't wait till the next post. i hope this happens in the 5th season!!! but this is the night the next post would come and its not up yet so i'm waiting very impatiently!!

Comment

Night it's already morning??!! And yeah u had me scared with Lana's reaction there for a moment, keep up the great work though and post soon!!

Comment

Sorry, NYC300Z - I meant that I'd be writing it last night, and would post the update tonight

Comment

This is the best Clana fanfic I've read by far. Please post soon I'll be looking out for it soon.

Comment

Part 10:

Lana blinked once then stared at Clark. “Another planet, as in Mars?”

“No,” Clark said. “As in Krypton.”

“Uhh,” she said, looking away. “Uhh . . . ” In all Lana’s imagining of what Clark’s secret was, she’d never even come close to this. What was her response supposed to be, she wondered . . . that’s great, Clark, I’ve always wanted an alien for a boyfriend?

Clark’s heart was pounding so hard in his chest he thought it would burst right through—skin of steel, or not. “Lana, I’ll, umm . . . give you some time to think about that.” He started to move her off his lap, so he could super-speed to where he felt like being right then—under a big dense rock.

“No, don’t leave,” Lana said, keeping her grip on him. “I just need . . . well, a moment to process this . . .” She sat still again, then after a moment said, in befuddlement, “Krypton?”

He gave one sturdy nod. “Krypton,” he said, never imagining a two-syllable word could be so difficult to utter. The fact that Lana didn’t want him to leave was a good sign. For the first time, he was glad she’d seen the spaceship three days earlier—otherwise he was sure she wouldn’t be taking him seriously. And Clark didn’t feel like laughing about it—his origin was anything but a joke. It was more similar to a curse.

After a few minutes of staring at everything in the room but each other, Lana exhaled. “Where the hell is Krypton?” she asked in a confused tone. “And how did you get here . . . and when . . . and—” Lana closed her eyes tight, attempting to stop the inevitable. “Clark, I’m trying really hard not freak out here, but . . .”

Clark saw Lana’s trembling hands, but he didn’t dare touch them. “You can freak out if you want, I sure did when I found out—and I still do. On a daily basis, in fact,” he said, trying to find more prolific words then what was coming to him. “I mean, I’ve always felt kind of alienated, but—”

“That’s a really bad joke, Clark,” Lana said, swatting him. But at least it made her smile.

They were both out of words again, until Clark remembered her questions. “Krypton doesn’t exist any longer—but I was sent away before it exploded,” he said, knowing his story was becoming more implausible by the second. “My parents found me in a cornfield, next to . . . well, my spaceship.”

“Your spaceship?” she asked, wishing she could believe the answer to this absurdity was that Clark had lost his mind, but she now knew better than that. “What did your parents do with it?”

This would be the most believable part of the story—the only part that might make sense to her. “They hid it in the storm cellar, and I didn’t know anything about it until I started high school,” he said. “And then, when my past began to catch up to me . . . I blew it up.”

Lana’s face registered true comprehension for the first time in several minutes. “The day of Lex’s wedding . . . that’s what happened?” she asked, remembering how she found him in the deep pit of ruins where the Kent’s storm cellar once was. “But, Clark, why then? Everything in your life seemed to be going perfect . . . and we were finally together . . . and then you just left—leaving everyone that loved you behind. All that was because of a spaceship that no one else even knew about?”

Clark shook his head. “No, that’s not all it was. The first night we really kissed, when you brought that birthday cake to my loft, the ship . . . well, it called out to me after you left,” he said. “And when I went down into the cellar—my biological father spoke to me for the first time.”

“I didn’t even know you’d met him . . . wait,” she paused, processing what Clark just said, “he must be from Krypton too, so where’s he been all these years? And what about your biological mother?”

“They both died on Krypton,” he said, trying to move forward before she could ask how his biological father could still speak to him. “But some sort of life form of my biological father still lives. I really haven’t figured it out yet—I don’t know if I ever will.”

Lana couldn’t believe she was buying into this, but what other choice did she have? Clark had lied to her before, but this was too crazy of a story to even make up. “What did he say to you?” she asked.

“He’s said plenty, actually. Much more than I’ve ever cared to hear,” Clark said, just noticing that Lana had taken his hand—making warm chills spill over him. “But that first night, he told me it was time to leave Smallville—that I was ready to fulfill my destiny and that if I didn’t leave right then, I would hurt everyone I loved.”

Lana’s eyes widened in shock. “So you blew up the ship so he couldn’t take you away?”

Clark nodded. “I wasn’t exactly sure how he planned to take me, all I knew was that I wasn’t going,” he said. “But the next day when I told him to go back to hell—or wherever he was residing, he branded my chest and used it to control me—and that’s when I blew up the ship, hoping the whole nightmare would go away . . . but my resistance only made things worse, just as he promised it would.”

“Your mom lost the baby that day,” Lana whispered. “And you thought it was your fault, didn’t you?”

“That’s because it was,” Clark said, emotions entering him that he buried long ago. “And my father despised me for it—just the way he looked at me said he wished they’d never found me.”

“Clark, that can’t possibly be true,” Lana said, putting her hand on his cheek. “He was just in shock. In a moment of grief, everyone responds differently than they’d like to.”

“Yeah, I know that now,” he said, melting under her warm touch. “But right then, all I could think of was getting out of Smallville so no one else would get hurt—including you—and the only way I could get myself to leave was to put on that red kryptonite ring.”

Lana shivered. Clark had waded through some deep water in his life, and she felt horrible that she didn’t know how difficult things were for him. “I wish I would’ve gone with you.”

“No, I’m glad you didn’t,” he said, recalling his surreal days of pillaging whatever source of money he came across. “As you remember, I wasn’t myself . . . when I think about what I did, Lana, I can’t even believe it was me.”

“It wasn’t,” Lana said. “It was someone else who possessed your soul to do their own will—just as Isobel did to me.”

Clark looked away, still unable to forgive himself.

She moved his attention back to her. “Clark, if you expect me to believe I’m not responsible for what Isobel did when she was in my body, then you have to give yourself the same allowance,” she said. “If you can still love me after what I did to you—all the times I’ve turned my back and given you cause to give up on me—then I can, and I do, love every part of you—your past, your present and your future self.”

“Even though I’m an alien?” Clark said, giving her a smirk he hoped would come across as charming.

“You’re not an alien,” she said, laughing. “You’re just not an earthling, and quite frankly, I haven’t been too impressed with many of those in my life.”

Clark smiled, kissing her until he started laughing too. “But, Lana, I’ve been changing more every year—what if I suddenly grow extra eyes, or something?”

That was an easy comeback for Lana. “Your eyes are so gorgeous, I wouldn’t mind if you had four of them.”

“What about six, or twelve—you’ve seen those outer space movies,” he said.

“The more the merrier,” Lana said, deciding she could truly handle every possibility, as long as she never had to be without him again.

Clark felt like he was going to instantaneously combust from both relief and contentment . . . that was until he remembered one thing—he still had to tell Lana why her parents were dead.
                                Last edited by ajfinn; 06-17-2005, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎