Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clana - How "This Time" Will be Different (PG-13)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

really nice!!!!!!!! its soooo cuteeee, love how Lana is taking it, its pretty cool...plz keep posting ASAP.

Comment

oh WOW!!!! that was really cuuuttteee!!!! plz keep it going, we need update very soon, thanks

Comment

This is soo cute . I love it ! Keep posting ! and soon!

Comment

oh wow I go out of town for two days and when I come back there was a couple updates!! I loved it update soon!!!

Comment

please post more

Comment

Really cute.

Comment

Loved the update, but im wanting more again. ppms lol. we sound like a bunch of kids in this forum asking are mommy's for candy and icecream when it comes to wanting updates.

Comment

I've always imagined what it would be when Clark told Lana his secret every episode i watched.

Comment

Part 8:

“You can teleport?” Lana asked, accepting the lilacs Clark brought over to her. “How charming.” This gave her a strange sense of disappointment, thinking that Clark had the same ability as Alicia did. No wonder they understood one another so well. Being possessed by Isobel helped Lana relate to how difficult it was to have a secret that controlled your life, but she knew she could never fully understand how it felt to be so different.

“No,” Clark said, surprised by Lana’s pale face. He always seemed to mess something up every time he gave her flowers. “I can just move really fast.”

Lana’s smile returned. “Oh, that’s better,” she said, leaving Clark to wonder what she meant. “I mean, that explains why you’ve always been just in time to save everyone—especially me.” She was still tripping on her words, trying to put thoughts of Alicia aside.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” Clark whispered, sitting on the floor again and taking her hand. “I didn’t mean to scare you—I know it’s a little much. But that’s one of my oldest abilities, and I’m so used to it that I didn’t realize it would be that big of a deal for you.”

Lana shook her head. “No, it's not that. I just thought you teleported, and that, umm, well, it just made me feel kind of weird for a minute.”

Clark understood without any more explanation. Former flames would be off limits for a while. Too much had happened, and though they’d talked a little about it, it was just going to take time to get over the awkwardness caused by the serious relationships they’d both had this past year.

“The cool thing is that I’m getting faster every day,” Clark said, trying to lighten the mood. “I can get to Metropolis and back in less than ten minutes now.”

“You’re joking,” Lana said. “That’s faster than flying.”

Well, he hadn’t tried flying to Metropolis yet, so he couldn’t confirm that. “Yeah, I guess it probably is quicker than the Luthor Corporate jet,” he said. “I go through shoes pretty fast, though. It drives my mom crazy.”

Lana laughed. “So that’s what it is! Chloe and I always joke how you seem to have a bigger obsession with new shoes than either one of us!”

“That’s me, all right. So if you ever need a friend to go shoe shopping with,” he said, shaking his head in disbelief, “call Clark Kent—the ‘queer eye for the straight girl’ guy. Doesn’t exactly go with my farm boy image, does it?”

“Don’t think I won’t take you up on that offer,” Lana said, attempting a firm response. “I could really use you at those after-Christmas sales. I’m never through the doors fast enough to get the best deals.”

Clark gave her a sarcastic nod. “Yeah, I guess it’s about time I start putting my talents to use.”

“Well, I’m sure your speed at least helps with your chores,” she said, imagining him zipping around the Kent farm. “No wonder you manage to have so much spare time.”

“And my strength doesn’t hurt,” he said, taking the opportunity to slip that in.

“Your strength?” Lana asked. She couldn’t believe she hadn’t asked about it. That was the one ability she'd been suspecting for years now. Lana saw him take on three guys at a time once, and walk away as though he’d done nothing more than toss a few hay bails.

Clark picked up a broken piece of iron from the fire poker he’d earlier demolished and pinched it between his thumbs and forefingers—flattening it down and stretching it out to the thickness of a dime. “My strength is increasing with age as well,” he said. “It’s the first ability I had.”

Lana was amazed. “I was sure you could out bench press any guy at Smallville High, but . . . wow, that’s really cool.” Lana took the flattened iron from Clark, feelings its warmth in her hand. “How strong are we talking here, Clark?”

“I’m not exactly sure,” he said. “I’ve never found anything I couldn’t lift, as long as I could balance it.”

Lana tipped her head, not really in disbelief, but Clark’s claim seemed a bit out there.

Clark was somewhat glad to see her skepticism. It’s not everyday that he had a chance like this. And he’d imagined proving his abilities to Lana for so long that he didn’t want to leave a less-than-stellar impression. “Okay, watch out the window.”

Before Lana could even respond, Clark super-sped out the door, leaving Lana in a gasp at how fast he disappeared. “That boy will definitely come in handy when I run out of milk.” Lana turned to look out the window, tingles going down her spine at the thought of having Clark involved in every aspect of her life—even grocery shopping.

Lana shifted on the couch so she could get a better view of Clark through the window. He was standing on the far side of her Jeep, waving. Lana jolted. “He better not do what I think he’s going to,” she said out loud. Though she was now aware that Clark couldn’t easily be hurt, the thought of him . . . “I knew it,” Lana said, again speaking to herself. Clark bent down and lifted the Jeep above his head. Though it was dark outside, the dim street lights gave her enough of a view that she could see the haughty smirk on his face—like a seven-year-old boy strutting across the playground after a triumphant fist fight. She loved seeing this new side of Clark, unafraid to show what he was capable of.

Since Clark seemed to be perfectly content to stay under the car forever, she reached over the back of the couch and opened the window. “Hey, Mr. Universe,” she said. “Why don’t you come back in and do something useful for me?”

Clark gave her a mock pout. “But I’m just getting to the good part.”

Lana tipped her head, waiting. Clark took one of his hands off the bottom of the car, then bent all but one finger, balancing the Jeep like it was a basketball.

“What a show off!” Lana shouted to him, laughing as she watched Clark carefully lower her Jeep to the ground, then super-speed away. She loved the blur—so cool. This made a thought pop in her head that she asked the moment he reappeared in her apartment. “Weren’t you afraid someone else would see you doing that?”

“Normally, yes,” Clark said. “But I also have super-hearing that I can turn on at will—so I was listening for approaching footsteps and cars.”

Lana nodded, trying to be serious. “Super-hearing, huh?” she asked. “Do you have super-taste buds as well. And super-smell?”

“Sorry, Lana. I don’t think I’ll ever measure up to your expectations,” Clark said, starting to tickle her. “But I do have super-touch.”

Lana thought to tell him she always knew he was a “sense-itive” guy, but she wasn’t able to catch her breath long enough to say it. She couldn’t believe how cheesy they were being. They’d had a lot of fun together before, but so much of their relationship was ridden with bouts of confusion and angst that this felt like a whole new experience.

Clark suddenly thought of Lana’s leg that she hadn’t complained at all about—despite her thrashing around on the couch as he teased her. He stopped and held her against him. “Sorry, do you want me to x-ray your leg again and see if I’ve just broken it in a dozen more places?”

Lana smiled, remembering why she had told him to stop fooling around with the car and come back to the apartment. “No need,” she said. “But I would appreciate it if you’d push the play button on my stereo.”

“All right,” Clark said, standing with a look of curiosity. "I think I can manage that." He walked to the other side of the room and did as she asked.

“Now, turn off the light and dance with me,” Lana said, looking up at Clark as though they’d just met. Everything about him seemed so fresh tonight.

The music started and Clark flipped off the light switch and went back to Lana. He scooped her up, cradling her in his arms. Lana leaned her head against Clark’s shoulder and felt more peace than she ever had in all her life.

“Is this some kind of mix?” Clark asked when the second song started to play. It was not by Lifehouse like the first song was.

“It’s my ‘Clana’ mix,” Lana said, embarrassed. “Volume 3.”

“Clana?” he asked, then finally got it. “Oh . . . what do you mean, volume 3? How many volumes are there?”

Lana buried her face deeper into Clark’s chest. “Ten,” she said, knowing how stupid it must have sounded. “That’s how many cd’s it took to burn all the songs that reminded me of you.”

While they danced for the next hour, Clark couldn’t stop smiling.
                    Last edited by ajfinn; 06-15-2005, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Awesome update! This story is so cute! Please post again soon!

Comment

Yeah can't wait for the next update!!

Comment

gosh, that was awesome!!! really sweet... i think i'm in love....lol... plz post more soon

Comment

That was really cute, great update!

Comment

OH MAN THIS STORY IS SSOOOOO CUTE!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!KEEP POSTING!!!!!good job!!!

Comment

Part 9:

“We should’ve danced like this at the Spring Formal,” Lana said, still comfy as Clark cradled her in his arms, dancing to “You and Me,” by Lifehouse. “I’m sure people would’ve stared, but oh well.”

“Fine with me,” Clark said. “The only person’s opinion I care about is yours.”

Lana gave a slow nod. “Not even Chloe’s?” She’d been thinking about her for the past few minutes, frustrated that she always had to feel guilty after being with Clark. He had never returned Chloe’s feelings, yet Chloe always acted like Lana stole Clark from her. What was with that? Lana knew Clark long before she did.

Clark knew Chloe would somehow work her way into the evening. Not that he had any negative feelings for her—especially after what happened with the stone at Lex’s house. But it never failed—whenever Lana and he would finally work things out and decide to be together, Chloe’s feelings always had to become a factor.

“Lana, Chloe is someone who is very important to both of us, and the last person we’d ever want to hurt,” he said, turning the music down. “But we can’t hold back any longer because of how she feels. Once she moves to Metropolis, I really think she’ll see how crazy it’s been to hold on to something that was never possible.” He walked back to the couch and sat with Lana still in his arms.

“Why me, Clark?” Lana asked, having thought of the question countless times before. “Chloe is amazing. She has the world in her hands—she’s capable of accomplishing anything she wants to. And she’s brilliant, and beautiful, and . . . ”

“And not Lana Lang,” Clark said, sweeping hair out of her face. “Who happens to be the girl I fell in love with at the age of five and have never been able to shake from my head.”

“I thought you were cute too, you know,” Lana said. “Even way back then.”

“Then, there you go. We were meant to be together,” Clark said, kissing Lana’s cheek. “And Chloe just has to come to that conclusion on her own. I’ve tried to talk to her about it so many times, I’ve run out of breath. And it takes a lot to do that to me.”

Lana could definitely relate. “It’s hard to explain why you fall in love,” she said, weaving her fingers in and out of Clark’s. “Love is picky, and there’s very little you can do about it.”

“I’m living proof of that,” Clark said. “This past year, I don’t think either one of us were ourselves, but I still couldn’t give up on you. You’re all I see when I look into my future.” Clark suspected he may have to start envisioning other things in his future as well—but he really wasn’t in the mood to think about fighting aliens and continuous hordes of mutants.

Lana sat up, looking into Clark’s eyes that had the reflection four candle flames dancing in them. “Clark, I really wasn’t myself, and I mean that in more ways than one,” she said, feeling guilt stab at her. “I’m so sorry for the way I treated you—the way I acted like you didn’t mean anything to me—because it was far from the truth. But even though Isobel didn’t often show herself to others, I always felt her with me. She was like some sort of cancer, eating at my insides. I was selfish, and bitter, and mistrusting—even of you, which made no sense at all.”

“It makes perfect sense, Lana,” Clark said. “Isobel saw me use my powers against her, and she knew I was after the stones as well. So her hatred must’ve seeped through without you knowing why.”

Rubbing the goose bumps off her arms, Lana said, “I’m starting to think she left some of her memories behind with me. While I was in the hospital, I kept having visions—like flashbacks, of you two fighting. Of course it didn’t make any sense until tonight, but it still terrifies me, Clark . . . Did I, I mean, she, really throw you around like that?”

“No, of course not,” he said, trying not to smile. “I’ve never had my butt kicked by a girl—especially not a sissy like Isobel.”

Lana smiled, glad he didn’t hold any sort of resentment toward her for channeling someone who wanted to kill him. Though she doubted that was a common problem couples faced, she was sure Clark took it better than another guy would. She couldn’t imagine how strange it must have been to fight for his life against the girl he’d been in love with for thirteen years. “Yeah, let’s just pretend that’s how it went,” she said. “But seriously, how was Isobel able to hurt you?”

“With magic,” he said. “Besides Kryptonite, it’s the only other Achilles' heel I have. So far, anyway.”

“Krypto-what?” Lana asked.

Clark cleared his throat, not believing he’d slipped like that. “Umm, Kryptonite,” he said, his voice tight. “It’s the name I gave to the meteor rocks.”

Lana scrunched up her face. “Why? Any special meaning behind it?”

Clark suddenly felt the need to stand up and run.

“Hey, why all the squirming,” she asked, putting her hand on his cheek to calm him. “I can always tell when you’re nervous about something.” When Clark didn’t respond, a deep disappointment set in. Not because he didn’t answer right away, but because he seemed to be back to not trusting that she could handle the truth. “Clark, you do not have to tell me anything until you’re ready—and I realize that day may never come, but I want you to know that everything I’ve seen tonight has only strengthened my love for you. I now realize why you’ve had to leave in the middle of our dates, or not show up at all . . . and why you’ve had to lie so much. It was all to protect not only me, but everyone else as well. Smallville would be a war zone if it wasn’t for you. You’ve taken out every evil meteor freak that crossed our path. I can’t even imagine how awful life would be if Tina Greer was still walking around, or the phycho-tatoo guys, or . . . ” Lana ticked off a list of villains who used Smallville as their own personal comic book. “You’re a hero, Clark. And knowing your secret only makes me more understanding and supportive. Despite my previous performance, I’m now mature enough to be there for you . . . No matter what challenges we face, we’ll face them together.”

Clark would’ve wiped his eyes, but Lana did it for him. It’s not like he had tears streaming down his cheeks, or anything, but they definitely would’ve been there if he’d allowed them to be. “Thanks for believing in me, Lana. I can’t tell you what a relief it is that you’ve reacted so well,” he said, his breath becoming shallow. “But the things I’ve revealed to you so far are only my unique abilities—not my secret.”

Lana’s jaw dropped and she shut it quickly, hoping he didn’t notice. “There’s more?” He’d broken just about every law of common sense, reality, and science tonight. How could there be MORE? “Whatever it is, Clark, if you’re ready to tell me, I’m ready to hear it. Nothing could change how I feel about you.”

Clark had to put away every thought of reason to believe that. He placed his hand on the back of Lana’s head and brought her ear to his chest. “Lana, listen to my heart for a minute, does it sound any different than anyone else’s?”

She didn’t know his intentions, but she listened carefully. “No, it sounds perfectly normal. Why?”

“We’ll get there,” Clark said. He then took her hand and moved it down his face. “As you’ve probably noticed more times than I’d like you to, I grow stubble at the same rate as any other guy, right? . . . And I have to eat and sleep to survive . . . I have the same emotions as regular people, I’ve had to learn from studying . . . ” Clark continued, pointing out everything that made him almost as normal as everyone else. “And besides the fact that my skin is as strong as steel and my muscles are super-charged . . . my body is physiologically identical . . . not only have I discovered this in the guy’s locker room, but I’ve x-rayed my body, and it has every identical organ and bone we learned about in Anatomy.”

Lana nodded, thinking that may be true, but somehow, he managed to be twice as hot as any other guy, and twice as selfless and considerate as well. Which definitely took him out of the ‘normal’ category anyway, so where was he going with all this?

Clark kissed her, hoping it would not be for the last time. He then took a deep breath and looked her straight in the eyes. “Lana, what I’m saying is that despite my abilities, I’m human in every aspect except for one . . . I happened to be born on a different planet.”

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎