Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clana - How "This Time" Will be Different (PG-13)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm leaving for Phoenix, Az. on sunday morning and I'd realy appreciat it if you could post more soon. I am deffinetly hooked and I don't want to miss anything 'cause this fic is realy good

Comment

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. I'll post more tonight.

Comment

Part 3:

“I knew you’d think I was crazy,” Lana said, responding to Clark’s bugged-out eyes and splotchy cheeks. “But please believe me, Clark. You’re the only person I can trust.”

“It’s not that, Lana. I do believe you,” he said, at last getting his jaw to recover from it's drop. “And of course you can trust me . . . it’s just that the message . . . ”

“Message?” Lana asked. “Do you mean what the voice said?”

Clark gave a solemn nod, unsure of how to proceed. “Lana, if the voice had asked you to take him, or whatever it is, to ‘Clark Kent,’ would you be telling me this right now? Would you still feel the way you do about me, or would it have really freaked you out? I mean—knowing that an alien was searching for me.”

Lana was baffled by such an obscure question. “I doubt it would've mattered what the voice said, I was pretty freaked out as it was—after all, I passed out,” she said. But Clark wasn’t sure she had actually passed out at all. Maybe after she didn’t answer, the “it” decided not to bother with her. Something Clark was grateful for. “But of course I'd still love you—we've had bigger things than spaceships come between us. But why would an alien be searching for you, of all people?”

“Because my birth name is Kal-el,” Clark said, deciding there was no use holding it back. If things went well, she’d know everything about his origin by morning.

“Kal-el?” Lana whispered, stunned. “But it’s probably just a coincidence . . . I mean . . . ” Lana knew that was a stupid thing to say, how many guys did she know named Kal-el? Duh.

“No, Lana,” Clark said, swallowing. “It’s me. I was expecting something like this to happen because I didn’t unite the stones soon enough, but I didn’t know that the alien, or whatever it is, would even know about me. Obviously, I was wrong.” Clark knew his game would have to be stepped up if the alien already knew about him, which meant the dreams he’d been having were actually ‘revelations,’ just as he suspected they were.

Lana shuddered, looking out the window into the night sky. The very sky she would never look at in the same way again. “Clark, we need to get you out of Smallville,” she said, attempting to sit up. “What does it want with you?”

Clark put his hand’s on Lana’s shoulders, easing her back onto the pillow. “I’m not sure, but I can’t run away,” he said. “Whatever it is it, I can handle it.” His confidence was more of an affirmation for himself than for her. Though he only trained in the Fortress of Solitude for three days in human time, Jor-el had told him that he couldn’t have learned that much on his own in twenty years. Clark hadn’t had a lot of time to practice his new abilities since he returned to Smallville, but he was sure he’d kick some alien butt if it got anywhere near Lana or his parents. He hoped he could, anyway.

Lana got that look on her face that always told Clark she was about to rip him to shreds. Forget aliens, this girl knew exactly how to pulverize him—with a single glance. She was much more a weakness for him than Kryptonite had ever been.

“What are you talking about, Clark!” Lana said, latching onto him. “You may have had your heyday with a couple of meteor freaks, but that’s nothing compared to the real thing! You have no idea of the power an actual alien might have! Look at the effect the meteor rocks had on people we knew. Whatever is in that spaceship could kill you! And I’m not going to allow that to happen . . . ” she was crying now “ . . . so we need to leave. I’ll go anywhere with you, Clark, just as long as you’ll be safe.”

It was time to tell her, but he had to calm her down first. “Lana, look at me,” he said, bringing her chin up so she could see the sincerity in his eyes. “The only times I’ve truly had the courage to tell you how I felt was when we were saying ‘goodbye.’ But all that will change now—I promised this time would be different. I love you, Lana.” Clark kissed her, and she melted in his arms. “See. I’m still here. And I never want to be without you again.”

Lana nodded, wiping her tears with the back of her hand. “But how can you protect yourself against an alien, Clark?” she asked, thinking of all the horrifying powers it could have. “For all we know, it could shoot fire from it’s eyes.”

“Like this?” Clark asked, taking the opportunity to light the row of candles on Lana’s coffee table.
        Last edited by ajfinn; 06-09-2005, 06:09 PM.

Comment

awesome update. great story. im hooked

Comment

Great update.

Comment

keep posting

Comment

omg !! omg!! please post today.. that was awesome !

Comment

Part 4:

“What the hell, Clark?” Lana asked. “That’s not funny!” Lana’s eyes drifted between Clark and the candles. “How . . . how did you do that?” she asked, finally realizing he didn’t have any time to set her up for a joke.

“Like you said, Lana . . . with my eyes,” Clark said, barely able to choke the words out. Her own eyes looked like they could shoot fire. He took a chance that she wouldn’t recoil when he took her hands, and she didn’t. “Look, I know in the past you’ve thought I might have some sort of special abilities, and I do, quite a few of them actually. But before you totally discount me as an evil meteor freak, think about all the people we’ve known that have used their powers—whether meteor rock influenced or not—for good.”

Lana nodded, her eyes wide in shock. “Like Cyrus, the guy who healed Tyson,” she said, thinking back to when Cyrus, who thought he was an alien, healed Whitney’s horse.

“Yeah, and of course you remember Ryan . . . he had a special ability that he could have done a lot of damage with, but he didn’t,” Clark said.

“Ryan?” Lana asked, remembering the young boy that had come into she and Clark’s life for a short time then died of a brain tumor. “What ability did he have?”

“He could read minds,” Clark said, given confidence by the growing interest in Lana’s face. “He warned me about Lex’s darker side, and I should have listened to him.”

Lana chilled, knowing Ryan was right. She then smiled for the first time in several minutes. “And I could have easily taken Evan in as my own child—even with the problems he had because of the meteor rocks,” she said, placing her hand on Clark’s face. “Why were you so afraid that I wouldn’t accept your secret, Clark?”

“It’s complicated,” Clark said. “I have my abilities for different reasons than other people do. And every one who has ever discovered them has died, or had to leave Smallville. Obviously, that hasn’t been a chance I’ve been willing to take.”

Lana nodded. “Is that why Pete moved?”

“Yes. The feds were interrogating him—tipped off by the Luthors,” Clark said. “I’m still not sure which Luthor set them on my trail, but that wasn’t the only reason Pete left . . . Lana my secret is a heavy burden to carry, Pete was tortured more than once, and if that happened to you . . . ” Clark trailed off, again doubting that he should tell her any more. Shooting fire from his eyes just makes him a typical meteor freak, and there’s plenty of those to go around. But if he goes on, he’ll be putting Lana in the same situation that Pete was in.

Lana recognized his hesitation. “Clark, Pete is not the only person who’s been tortured because of your secret,” she said, making Clark’s fears rise closer to the surface. “It’s the only thing that’s kept you and me apart. Don’t you think it’s time to stop the agony for both of us?”

Clark gave one of his super-sized smiles, then nodded. “But do you understand now why I’ve held so much back from you? It had nothing to do with not trusting you, I just didn’t want you to get hurt. And I still don’t, so this is a big leap of faith for me. But, Lana, I can’t let my secret stand between us anymore, I’ve waited too long to be happy.”

“So that’s one of your other abilities, is it?” Lana asked, tilting her head to the side. “Patience?”

“No, I think you’re the only one with that special power,” he said. “Trust me, I’ve made up my mind to tell you at least a dozen times—only to chicken out. Patience didn’t have a thing to do with it.”

Lana smiled, unable to resist her mounting curiosity. “So, Superboy, what else can you do?”

Clark shook his head and laughed. “What? Shooting fire from my eyes isn’t enough for you?” he asked. “Women these days . . . you can never please ‘em.”

“Common’ Clark, you don’t really expect me to believe you’ve only used fire to fight off Smallville’s villains,” she said, giving him a soft kiss to butter him up. “I’ve always liked a good talent show. Get on up there and strut your stuff.” Lana motioned for Clark to stand.

“Umm, Lana, I’m not really the table-dancing type,” he said, trying to resist. This wasn’t exactly how he’d imagined this moment, but he had to admit, it might be fun to show off. “But as long as you’re not freaked out by the fire, one of the strangest of my abilities . . . ”

“Every girl hopes for a superhero, Clark,” she said. “And with or without powers, I’ve always known you were mine.”

“All right, then,” Clark said, standing and loosening himself up, just to make it seem more dramatic.

Lana laughed at him. “Okay, NOW you’re freaking me out! Don’t get all rock star on me or anything.”

He gave her a smirk. “Wanna see what three days in the arctic will do to a guy like me?” He picked up Lana’s glass and blew on it softly . . . turning the water into a block of ice.
                  Last edited by ajfinn; 06-11-2005, 05:41 PM.

Comment

I enjoyed this update, good job. I can't wait to read more.

Comment

i like the update too .. keep going !!

Comment

PPMS!!! I can't wait to see how this goes. Keep it up.

Comment

can't wait can't wait can't wait can't wait!

Comment

SWEET! Yeah baby!

This "reveal" scene is going great. Show her one ability, and then she starts to understand hiding the truth isn't about trust, but protection.

Please let Clark really strut his stuff, this only gets to happen once for him.

Keep the juices flowin'.

Comment

keep it going... PPM the Soonest

Comment

I'm leaving on Sunday morning and I'd realy appreciate it if you could post more, but if not it's okay I'll understand. great job though, Keep posting more

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎