No announcement yet.

EclipseMagazine recap of "Veronica Mars"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EclipseMagazine recap of "Veronica Mars"

I just found this and it was a good reading, specially before the final episode, and i thought some of you may like it .

Veronica Mars: The First of the Best Season Finales Hits tonight!
    by Sheldon A. Wiebe

Lost in the abundance of press coverage of ‘Lost’, ‘Separate Housewives’, ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, and ‘House’ [among others] is the little show that managed a second season on the strength of being smart, fearless, honest and for showing that best metaphor for the Hell that is high school is… high school! Tonight [UPN, 9 p.m.], after a year as hellish as any Buffy faced, Veronica Mars closes the book on the season-long mystery around all else has orbited: the murder of her best friend, Lily Kane.

The first season of ‘Veronica Mars’ began with two stunning revelations: Veronica’s [Kristen Bell] attendance at a party had resulted in her being drugged and “losing her innocence” [as she’s put it, more than once], and the murder of her best friend, Lily Kane’ [Amanda Seyfried – previously best known as one of the Plastics in ‘Mean Girls’]. Among other early events: Veronica began taking on cases involving the kids at her school, and we saw her working with her father, Keith [Enrico Colantoni] a private eye who had been Neptune’s sheriff until he went after the wrong suspect in Lily’s murder [wrong insofar that it was her father – a rich, powerful computer tech mogul] and lost his job.

Over the first season, we met one of the most intriguing casts on TV: Veronica and her father, of course, but also: Duncan Kane [Teddy Dunn] – Lily’s brother and Veronica’s former boyfriend; Logan Echolls [Jason Dohring] – Duncan’s best friend and [in Veronica’s words], the school psychopath; Wallace Fennell [Percy Daggs III] – new kid at school and soon to become Veronica’s best friend [after she rescued him from being duct-taped to the school flagpole]; Weevil [Francis Capra] – leader of the high school biker gang and trader of [non-sexual] favors with Ms Mars; Duncan’s parents, Jake [Kyle Secor] and Celeste [Lisa Thornhill], who seem to have sprung out of a primetime soap – though even they were eclipsed by Logan’s parents: Aaron [Harry Hamlin] actor/idol of millions and the high-strung Lynn [Lisa Rinna], who may have committed suicide [no body was found], and, finally, Veronica’s mother, Lianne [the always welcome Corinne Bohrer], who left her and her father shortly after Keith lost his job.

The first sign of just how sneaky and conniving the series was going to be came when Veronica went out on a stakeout for her father and he told her to take backup. During an unexpected encounter with Weevil’s gang, we discovered that “Backup” was the Mars’ pit bull! Almost immediately after that, Mars got Weevil off from a criminal charge by finding the real culprit – beginning one of the most intriguing relationships on the show.

Before long, Veronica found evidence threw all the evidence [and the conviction of the alleged killer] to the winds – a photo of Lily taken at a stop light – four hours after her so-called time of death! Veronica has tried to find out why Abel Koontz [the confessed killer who could not have done it] confessed [turns out that there were three million reasons – given to Kootnz’s daughter].

As her investigation continued, she learned that her father had never given up his investigation [the files were cleverly concealed in a box in his closet, marked “Playboys”] – and the full Mars Investigations team was finally working together. The investigation led in strange directions – who sent photos of Veronica, lined up in the crosshairs of a gun, to her mother? Why did Jake Kane’s company give Koontz’s daughter three million dollars? Was Keith right about Jake, or was the epileptic Duncan the killer [he suffered blackouts when off his meds]?

When Veronica tracked down her mother, Lianne turned out to be an alcoholic – Veronica cashed in her college fund to put her into a rehab program.

In the course of helping her fellow students at Neptune High deal with their own little mysteries [tracking down a boy’s father; figuring out who stole Neptune’s biggest rival’s mascot; finding out who supplied the drugs to get another girl into a crude home video; etc.], Veronica found crucial clues that enabled her to find the guy who took her innocence – and it turned out to be drug-influenced, consensual sex with ex-boyfriend, Duncan [who avoided her afterward because his mother had told him she was his sister!].

Naturally, when the question had come up earlier, Veronica had taken a DNA test – but decided she didn’t really need to know if Keith was her biological father – as far as she was concerned, he was her father. Duncan’s revelation rocked her – but Keith has also gotten a DNA test, so that mystery should be solved. Probably moments before Veronica learns who killed Lily.

In the single most ironic plot arc, Veronica has gotten involved with Logan – the same guy whom she described as the school psychopath. Following her efforts to find out if Lynn Echolls was still alive, they started to bond – a tenuous bond that has been rocked by Logan’s former habit of supplying GHB [like roofies] to those in search of a good time, and the discovery that they had begun to make out in a roof that had hidden video cameras [clearly, it’s daddy Aaron’s room, but it still freaked Veronica…].

‘Veronica Mars’ is so well thought out, and so well constructed, that all of these disparate plot arcs have brought some major talent to the show: besides Harry Hamlin, soap goddess Lisa Rinna, Amanda Seyfried, and Corinne Bohrer, Tina Majorino has appeared as Veronica’s unconventional, computer-savvy friend, Mac; professional celebrity, Paris Hilton [okay, maybe not so talented]; Paula Marshall, as Neptune High’s guidance counselor, Rebecca James; Erica Gimpel – Wallace’s mom, Alicia, a love interest for Keith; Emmanuelle Vaugier, Zachary Ty Bryan, Jonathan Taylor Thomas, Joey Lauren Adams and Alyson Hannigan [as Logan’s nasty sister, Trina].

If there’s any justice, the season finale of ‘Veronica Mars’ will experience a jump in the ratings – it promises to be one of the most exciting and entertaining hours of the entire May Sweeps. The real mystery here is why the series hasn’t become the biggest ratings grabber for UPN. It’s by far, the netlet’s best non-science fiction series. If you don’t believe me, check it our for yourself…

SOURCE: http://www.eclipsemagazine.com/modul...id=1364&page=0

Although I could do a simple search... When was Emmanuelle Vaugier in the show?

Good article.

Comment

When was Emmanuelle Vaugier in the show?
      She was in "An Echolls Family Christmas" as the wife of Aaron's agent. One of the girls he slept with. Her main scene was when she was getting her dress altered and Keith was questioning her.

Comment

Do you guys know what happened with this?:
        a photo of Lily taken at a stop light – four hours after her so-called time of death!

I remember about it but i dont remember if they said anything else about that photo.

I liked this part: [clearly, it’s daddy Aaron’s room, but it still freaked Veronica…]. I never thought about it until some people in this forums said it .

Comment

Wow! I just read the article and it's great!

The photo thing was mentioned after Veronica found out about Lilly's speeding tickets (or something). I don't remember much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkoholic
            She was in "An Echolls Family Christmas" as the wife of Aaron's agent. One of the girls he slept with. Her main scene was when she was getting her dress altered and Keith was questioning her.
            Ah right. I vaguely remembered telling someone she was in it, but i couldn't remember when.

She's been in Smallville, and One Tree Hill aswell.

What a Teen Drama Slut she is

Comment

Photo was just more proof that the time of death was wrong... Veronica found out about it when she found out about Lily's speeding ticket after her "apparent" time of death.

Comment

Originally posted by NewAgeJesus
                She's been in Smallville, and One Tree Hill aswell.

What a Teen Drama Slut she is
                Yes and she was also on Charmed. I tell ya, the WB loves to recycle people.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎