No announcement yet.

Superman the Movie, starring Tom welling in a "Fixed" suit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman the Movie, starring Tom welling in a "Fixed" suit

Well I think we all have our own opinion of Routh in the suit. Some like him, some hate him. I hate him, and I have mixed feelings about the suit. I love the material, but hate the small S, etc.
    So essentially I decided to photoshop the new Routh to have a "Fixed costume, which then developed into fixing routh's body by making him a little more buff, which then developed into replacing Routh with Welling. Then I decided to just go the whole 9 yards and just photshop a full blown poster with Welling as the star.
    So yeah, I got a little carried away.
    There are two versions, which are essentially the same except they use a different angle of tom.

Poster 1 is a far shot which shows the new "Fixed suit in all it's glory.

Poster 2 is a closeup which highlights Welling more than the suit.

Scroll down.

Poster 1-

Poster 2-

bwahahahahaha ...

looks stupid.

Comment

I'll try not to be so harsh as Hyde lol.

It's the wrong kind of head shot of TW. Wrong hair....

Comment

The lighting is wrong and his neck is too long.

Comment

It's the wrong kind of head shot of TW. Wrong hair....
          Could you elaborate on that? Do you have a better picture of Tom I could use? If so give me a link, I want it to look as good as it can. Do you just not like him with that hair?

The lighting is wrong and his neck is too long.
          I spent a pretty long time working on the lighting and making sure that his skin color matched up with Routh's neck. Do you mean that the lighting on the suit itself is wrong and Tom/Routh looks too pale? I did just get a new LCD moniter however, and i'm not entirely sure It's calibrated properly. I'll see how it looks on another moniter at my college today.
          In reference to the neck being to long, you might be right. That was the one area I couldn't quite decide on. I'll see how it looks if I tweak that a tiny bit.

Here's the photo I used of Tom. Notice that I actually tweaked his hair down. If one of you has I better picture I could use, please, by all means show me and I'll use it.

Comment

The light on Toms face comes from the right side, but on Routh's neck it comes from the left.

You chose the wrong picture of Welling in every aspect. First thing: The facial expression isn't very good. He looks nothing like Superman in this picture. Second: His hair style isn't quite like Superman's. Third: It looks like his neck is broken or something, because Routh's and Welling's head position is totally different.

It just looks too funny.

Comment

HEAD. TOO. BIG.

Comment

This is gonna sound bad, but...this manip makes me glad that Routh got the role. It's not even your manip, but because the only manip of Tom that really looked decent was actually a painting. In every manip I see of him as Superman, he looks like he doesn't quite fit.

Comment

Ok, I took your suggestions and did some touch up work to the posters. I just relinked them, so check the top of the page.
                  You guys were most definately right about his neck being too long. I just couldn't see it before. I also added some shadows and upped the highlights in certain parts.
                  I disagree that he doesn't look like sups. If you think have a better picture to use, by all means link me, but I think his expression is excelent.

Comment

His head looks funny. I think you should have shrunk it.

I like the poster, though.

Comment

He looks short, but that's just because you can't see his feet, I think. Also he's missing the hair curl. I don't know if the head is the wrong size or if Tom Welling is just goofy looking in that picture, but something just doesn't look quite right. It is a very good manip overall, and one of the better posters I've seen. You did a really good job blending him in with the background scene.

Comment

Tom Welling makes a perfect YOUNG CLARK KENT. He looks ridiculous in the suit.

There's one, and exactly ONE manip of him I've liked, and that's the L&C promo shot with Welling and Durance's head superimposed on Cain and Hatcher's bodies.

While I'm on the subject, while overall the season 3 SV DVD case is unimpressive, I like the way TW's head is positioned looking up. He looks more rugged and dynamic than he usually does. He's too baby-faced and boyish to be Superman. IMHO, of course.

Comment

Just let it be ... it's not worth the effort.

Please, you all stop doing manips on the suit. It's ridicolous anyways, because they won't change it.

Plus, I like everything like it is.

Comment

Just let it be ... it's not worth the effort.
                            What effort, you make it sound like I stayed up day and night trying to prove a point. I didn't like the new suit, I just thought it would be a kind of fun project to do a photoedit of it, and as usual I got carried away with a simple idea. TW wasn't even part of the Original plan.

Please, you all stop doing manips on the suit. It's ridicolous anyways, because they won't change it.
                            Duh they wont change it, just like they wont recast Routh. They're already in production stage. I didn't photoshop this to start some kind of campeign against the Superman film; that's silly, i'm just not going to watch it, i just did it for fun. I thought it would be cool to see how Welling would look in the new suit, with some alterations. And personally I like it.

Just cause you don't like the photoedits people are doing doesn't mean they should stop doing them. We're just doing them for fun.
                            The only reason I posted them in this section and not just the fan art section was because it included the new suit and I knew alot of people liked certain things on the suit and disliked others, that's all. If i had known people were going to take it so personally I wouldn't have bothered.

Comment

Ok better scrap the idea....I also wanted Tom Weilling to be Supes,but it looks strange in the manip...It s not that I dont like it,it just looks....odd....I have to admit that the idea of
                              Brandon Routh also was odd....but I am beggining to like how he was cast as Supes.....And I must confess I liked to see the
                              S in the belt....he used it as well in certain comics....

The costume looks.....interesting though....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎