Superman Suit! Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman Suit! Yes or No

I've been all around the Internet.
    I've been to SuperHero Hype, BlueTights, Superman Homepage, Kryptonsite, and many other website's that are discussing the New Superman Suit.

What seems to be irritating me is that some people are constantly flip-flopping on the issue.

This is where that stops! Take a position on the suit and stand firm!

Simple Question - YES OR NO
    Make A Choice.
    Yes.
    0%
    No.
    0%

The poll is expired.

this poll is at the top of this board.
    sorry.

Comment

Yes it looks good and No it doesn't?

Yes it looks stupid and No it looks great?

Yes Routh looks good and No Routh looks terrible?

Yes I like pizza and no I'm a communist and don't like pizza?

Complicated question.

Comment

I voted yes. Not 1...4....3....8..... or 9. Black or white, baby. Either you like it or you don't. Either one will allow something such as the design of the suit TOTALLY determine whether one will go out and see this movie or not. This is fundamentally a Superman suit. Tweaks to the shield, shorts, boots--either you like it or you don't.... but this is essentially Superman. It's not like you'd walk down a street and say "Let me guess, your Bart-Man, right? No wait. You're one half of that ambigously something-or-other duo, no? " The design of this suit is not what I would consider a wholesale change of the suits that have come before. You want a drastic change to the design of a character: replacing Spider-Man's web spinners and cartridges with actual webbing that comes out of his wrists. I'll admit, I wasn't online when the first Spider-Man movie came out, but I can only imagine the initial outrage toward it. 2 great movies later, and to the gushings of fanboys doubtless worldwide, voila, total success and acceptance!! Sometimes, things for the silver screen just need to be adapted differently from the funny books in order to work Did I mention that I like the suit?

Comment

I was hoping I'd like it but I don't. not sure if it's the suit, or the man under the suit.

Comment

Well, this is a poll about the suit (I apologize cuz I'm about to go slightly off-topic here). Ultimately, there are a lot of factors that will determine the success (or failure) of the movie: The suit. The man in the suit. How the man in the suit acts. How people in the movie react/interact to/with the man in the suit. How the suit looks on screen while said man is standing, flying, doing his thing.The man OUT of the suit. The music used to score the movie. Oh, yeah and Bosworth and Spacey, too. Those things, I will admit, are not so black and white. We are all over a year away from making a final call. Unless one does not like the suit, in which case those individuals will never know...

Comment

No, I don't like the current Superman Returns suit.

The suit is supposed to be BRIGHT RED (not dark red like the evil Superman suit from Superman III).

I think the collar is a little too high.

The \S/ on the belt isn't necessary. The \S/ shield is enough.

What were thinking with the boots? The boots need to be higher. And why didn't they stick with the classic boots?

Oh, the "undies" need to be bigger. That thing looks like a speedo giving Superman a wedgie.

I do like the material and new \S/ shield though.
              Last edited by y2kgamer; 04-27-2005, 03:43 AM.

Comment

HA! I KNEW I was in the majority!

The 'classic' feel of the suit is out of place and simply outdated. The cape is the size of a beach towel! The color is too M&M's! The undies live! Unforgivable!

Do I have to wait another four or five years before someone finally updates the suit for the screen? Even the comic suit doesn't look like this anymore!

Comment

Originally posted by johnny fogg
                  Do I have to wait another four or five years before someone finally updates the suit for the screen? Even the comic suit doesn't look like this anymore!
                  Um...yes it does. What were you expecting, the blue and white Lightning Superman suit?

Comment

You took me too literally. The comic suit is more of a royal blue color and the cape is more longer and dynamic in the way swoops and billows out. This shorter cape will just kind of hang and ripple a little like Reeve's did. I thought the idea was to make the cape look essential, not superflurous.

Comment

At first I was a bit uneasy with the suit. Then I let it sink in and know Iīm cool with it. I admire Singerīs courage to make something so different from the previous live action adaptations. At the same time thereīs generally nothing that hasnīt been there already; the size of the shield is pretty much the same as Shuster drew it, the boots are as low as in the Fleischer cartoons. Iīm also happy that the colours arenīt bright neon, itīs more updated.

Other than that, I wanna wait until I see more of it, preferrably in motion before I can make an absolute judgment.

Comment

Majority? As if!!!

Don't jump to overhasty conclusions.

Comment

Look Hyde, I was kidding so sorry, nobody had even voted yet so of course I'm not a majority, but I'm starting to really feel out of place because EVERYBODY AND HIS MOTHER seems to prefer the classic outfit, whereas now that I'm Smallville watcher I'm constantly reimagining the suit and feel foiled by a throwback to that woefully aged design. I've said before that I've always hated the S curl, that shade of blue reminds me of toucan sam, and I stand by it.

Comment

Do as you prefer, but I say that this is exactly the way to go. Because when the movie hits theaters, all the people who started hating the project before it even was on film will admit that it attracts many viewers. An enormous success is already predetermined.

And the suit will look good in the movie. I have no doubts about it.
                            Even IF the red is no red, but maroon. Who the hell cares. Be happy that Singer chooses to go with a classic outfit and no electric Superman, black&white Superman, McG Superman or whatever.

Comment

Would it have killed him to tweak it at least a little? Yeah, a huge success is predetermined, but that didn't hinge on what the suit looked like. I think more than a few people will be at least susprised it hasn't changed virtually AT ALL since the past movies.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎