No announcement yet.

Superman Suit! Yes or No

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnny fogg
    Would it have killed him to tweak it at least a little? Yeah, a huge success is predetermined, but that didn't hinge on what the suit looked like. I think more than a few people will be at least susprised it hasn't changed virtually AT ALL since the past movies.
    Yep, not changed at all. Looks just like it did in Superman IV. Oh wait...

Fanboys will whine about anything. Too classic, not classic enough...I may not like the dinky S shield, but that's only because it's not powerful enough a symbol for Superman, not because it's not "classic" enough.

Comment

Urrhgh! You!

I'm not a "fanboy" and I don't read the comics. Like the man Carradine said in "Kill Bill" it's not particularly well-drawn. That was pretty insulting although I'm sure you don't care because you figure you got me good. : P

I'm just a casual fan and I hate the upcoming costume, and it can't be possible that I'm utterly alone in my thinking. So dismissing me as a "whiner" is another example of how guys like me get bullied into silence for speaking their mind. You don't like this episode, shut up don't watch it. Don't like the costume? Shut up, don't see it. Go away, begone, be silent.

Infuriating!

Comment

I voted "Yes." I think Routh looks great, in the suit. It suits him. That's the most important thing. It may have looked more how we imagined, with a boatneck, a larger "S shield" and higher boots, but Brandon looks great, in this. It's the perfect suit for this actor.

Comment

Its close enough. Though I'd prefer more red in the red. It is as effective as the first Batman suit from the 80's Batman. And not as extravagant as the last couple of Batman suits. Now I'm not too worried about the suit as much as the script.

Comment

I am not digging the George Reeves-esque suit at all. The "S" emblem is too small and the red isn't the right shade as it looks horrid with that blue.

Furthermore, the high collar is dreadful. Ugh.

Comment

I'm hoping as posted in another thread that this is just a show off peice the makers of the film are showing to get reactions from the Superman audiance. I hope they plan to make the neccessary changes before they bring it before the camera. My answer is no I do not like the new suit for these reasons.

1: The cape is far too dark and leathery for Superman. change to cloth.

2: The belt is utility beltish good for Batman not Superman and please remove the "S" from it. One S is good enough in front.

3: The shorts are far too short it looks like a bikini on the man or worse a speedo lol

4: The S sheild needs to be bigger speeking of which what is that funky pattern its has.

5: I heard there is no S on the cape if that's true, OMG what were you guys thinking.

6:The neck line lower please.

7: boots need to be higher.

sorry to vent but as of now I do not like the new suit. As posted in a previous thread the suit looks like it was designed by that fasion lady in the Incredibles lol

Comment

The incredibles = no cape.

Comment

NO. Don't like it one bit.

Comment

I don't like the new suit. The old suit is so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      Yes it looks good and No it doesn't?

Yes it looks stupid and No it looks great?

Yes Routh looks good and No Routh looks terrible?

Yes I like pizza and no I'm a communist and don't like pizza?

Complicated question.
                      OOOK. Not sure what this means.

Not much on the suit. In fact he doesn't really look like Supes. However I did see pics of him as Clark and he looked allot like Chris Reeve.

Comment

i think ill wait answer that 1 till i see more of the suit...i mean it might look totally diff on tv...but i think its okay...even tho the \s/ is way small...

Comment

I'm voting yes for it, because I think it'll be one of those things where it looks crappy in a stand alone picture, but when it's in motion and it's in the middle of everything it'll be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Somebody Stop Me
                            OOOK. Not sure what this means.

Not much on the suit. In fact he doesn't really look like Supes. However I did see pics of him as Clark and he looked allot like Chris Reeve.

He looks nothing like Chris Reeve as Clark. Brandon looks completely goofy, and like he's trying to force this Clark Kent look, CR pulled it off and it looked natural.

Comment

I'm in no way a Routh fan but the one pic I saw did resemble him as Chris Reeve.

Here's the pic.

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by NeXtToLaStKrYpToNiAn
                                He looks nothing like Chris Reeve as Clark. Brandon looks completely goofy, and like he's trying to force this Clark Kent look, CR pulled it off and it looked natural.
                                Hahaha

He looks eactly like Chris Reeve man!!! what are you talking about??!!??

Chris Reeve MADE Clark look goofy!! Clark was never goofy until the movies.......that is the worst part.

At least how ever bad Lois & Clark was, Dean Cain made Clark a little more respectable again......although he was way too cheesy as Superman though.

I also think the Superman suit looks ok.......it's the Superman suit folks, it's always been the same since it was 1st drawn, with the SLIGHTEST of changes in places.......if you put the picture of the 1st ever Superman against this one to a person who had never ever seen Superman (like that's ever gonna happen though)...they would say it was the same person.............

The only thing that could of been better, & it's only a minor thing....the 'S' symbol (even thought the new 3D version is cool) should of filled most of his chest I thought.....but that's my only opinion.

Though Routh was supposed to be really muscly too, but the suit doesn't make him look that good.............only ok.
                                Last edited by tonyrino8; 05-17-2005, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎