No announcement yet.

Episode 1.19: Hot Dogs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 1.19: Hot Dogs

Well, Im heading to bed in a minute, but since i've set up one of these for the past few weeks, i figured i may aswell do another one...

3 Episodes left people...
    BEST. EPISODE. EVER
    0%
    Great!
    0%
    It was alright...
    0%
    Bad!
    0%
    WORST. EPISODE. EVER.
    0%

wow great episode...well the end more then the beginning. It started getting really good right after

[SPOILER]

. Logans Dad invited his daughters boyfriend over. Wow that scene was freaky...but why Trina just stand there, not doing anything.

I don't know about anyone else, but for some strange reason I was freaked out when Veronica got into Logans car, and then someone laughed(flashback), but I swear I thought it was something who was screaming, and for some reason that made me jump

The whole dog story was obvious and lame, that I was actually kind of dissaponted in this episode, but then the second part was really good.

Logan is starting to freak me out more, his connection with Veronica is getting ekkier in my opinion

and Weevil was pretty scary at the end

[/SPOILER]
    Last edited by Mysticlies; 04-19-2005, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Just finished it. I have to say I am SO much more confused now than I was before. I have NO CLUE who did it now!

This episode pointed a lot at Weevil and I'm still a bit confused at what happened. He took the secret message pen from Lilly's room and he made some comment about it at the end to Veronica but I don't get it. I need to rewatch it cause I feel confused.

I also think they tried to point the finger at Aaron Echolls. There was no legitimate reason to show him acting so violent other than to simply show that he's can be violent. You know what I mean? They've showed his violence before with Logan and they made it pretty clear again that he has a temper. It's very possible that he could have klled Lilly. Some have said that maybe Lynne killed her because Lilly was having an affair with Aaron. Maybe that's true but maybe Aaron killed her because she treatened to tell her parents or someone. That's the only reason I can really think of right now.

Anyway, I guess that belongs in the speculation thread. Oops.

I loved this episode. I think last weeks was a little bit better but this was still good. I was excited that Veronica and Logan kissed again! I also really like that the show has been ending with Mars and Mars discussing the case. The last few have ended like that and I think it's really neat. I love Alyson Hannigan on the show. So far Trina's character has been a little pointless for me but I think it would be great if they added her full time next year.

I'm ready for the 'crime of the week' crap to stop and to get full episodes of Lilly investigations.

Out of 10, I give this episode an 8.

P.S. I have to add that I was also creeped out after Veronica and Logan's kiss. I got this really weird vibe from Logan. I was scared for her to get into the car with him. Maybe it's cause there was no music playing (I don't think) or something but it was creepy.
      Last edited by clarkoholic; 04-19-2005, 07:18 PM.

Comment

I guess I took the Aaron Echolls thing a little differently. In a strange way I saw it as him standing up for his daughter. A little twisted with the Dean Martin music playing, but essentially he was hurting the bad guy. I actually had a little more respect for him after that beat down.

As for Veronica and Logan. WOW. I love every moment of them together. Their chemistry is amazing.

Weevil is starting to upset me. Veronica went out of her way to try to get Celeste to drop the charges against him, and he can't give her a straight answer about the pen and possible secret messages that it contained.

Really confused, and so counting the hours until next week.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyDuff
          I guess I took the Aaron Echolls thing a little differently. In a strange way I saw it as him standing up for his daughter. A little twisted with the Dean Martin music playing, but essentially he was hurting the bad guy. I actually had a little more respect for him after that beat down.
          I agree actually. I thought it was great what he did and the music playing while he was beating him was way weird. I just didn't see a big point to having the whole Trina/boyfriend storyline other than showing his violence. I guess it could have just been to bring her character in more and show him sticking up for her.

I don't know. It was weird.

Comment

For the most part I liked it. The whole dog-napping thing was kinda slow, But it was great that Wallace had a bigger part.

Weevil part in everything is getting interesting. What was in the pen? And why didn't he what V. to see? If is involved why would the Kanes' cover for him?

Aaron beating the crap out of that guy, I can understand, but Aaron beating Logan doesn't count? What Logan sopposed to take it and be a man what kinda crap is that?

I liked the Logan and Veronica moments: him opening up to her about Lilly and how he loved her more than she loved him. And not feeling guilty about moving on.

alright I'm shutting up now.

Comment

I liked it okay. Veronica and Logan are hot together.

The dog story was lame, but the clues made up for that. Weevil needed to get that pen bad enough to put him in jail. There must be something really good there.

Comment

Just got back from watching it.

-I wanna be Veronica's brotha

The dognapping thing was kinda weird.. It was really obvious...

I like how they're not trying to point the finger squarely at Duncan anymore...

I wonder if we'll find out what was in the pen.

The Aaron scenes seemed too over the top, i realise it was supposed to show that he could be violent, and is therefore a possible suspect, but I dunno, ending up whipping him with his belt... meh.

Overall, i thought this episode was pretty 'slick'.

Comment

LMAO! I forgot about the belt!! I was cracking up when he pulled it off and started whippin!

That is what made it over the top for me.

Comment

Overall, I thought it was a pretty good episode. I thought the girl using the tazer on that guy was... interesting. The thing that bothered me about the whole Aaron thing was he didn't just hit the guy, he beat the ever-loving crap out of him. For a moment I thought he was going to beat him so badly he'd kill him. At first, I thought he still had that knife and he was cutting him but then I saw the belt. That man freaks me out a little. I understand why he did it though.

I'm interested to find out what exactly was in that pen. I have a feeling that whatever she had found out and was going to tell Veronica, was inside that pen. Weevil knew about it and went to get it before anyone else figured it out.

Originally posted by clarkoholic
                    P.S. I have to add that I was also creeped out after Veronica and Logan's kiss. I got this really weird vibe from Logan. I was scared for her to get into the car with him. Maybe it's cause there was no music playing (I don't think) or something but it was creepy.
                    You know, I kind of thought the same thing. I have this suspicion that started last week. And since this is kind of speculation and may be considered a spoiler even though I have no idea if I'm right....

SPOILER (possibly)

Sometimes I think that Logan is the one that raped Veronica. For a little while I thought maybe Duncan had an episode and something happened, but every guy she's become involved with (except Leo) has turned out to have serious problems. He just gives off this vibe, and I really hope I'm wrong b/c it would really mess with Veronica.

END SPOILER

Comment

Sometimes I think that Logan is the one that raped Veronica. For a little while I thought maybe Duncan had an episode and something happened, but every guy she's become involved with (except Leo) has turned out to have serious problems. He just gives off this vibe, and I really hope I'm wrong b/c it would really mess with Veronica.

I've thought the same thing. I really hope it's not true because I love Logan and love the idea of him and V getting together. I think I suspected him is because he was such a jerk to her in the beginning (jacking up her car). When I think about it, it's strange how he's warmed up to her so much. It's possible that it's genuine but it's also very possible that he's playing her. He could be trying to get close to her so she doesn't suspect him of her rape and/or of the killing.

I hope we're wrong.
                      Last edited by clarkoholic; 04-20-2005, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Remember in 'An Echolls Family Christmas', Logan is calling someone about Veronica, and he's like "yea Veronica , Big V as in as Virgin"

so either he knows or this is some kind of pun.

Comment

That was funny! I think he was just being a jerk.

I guess I'll start doing the "spoiler" warnings

[spoilers]

I just read some and it said that soon Logan will confess something to her about that night. I'm guessing it's either that he raped her or he was the one who gave her the roofied drink. If it has to be one I hope it's the latter.

[/spoiler]

Comment

I really hope that he's not the one who did it, but it would shake things up for next season. I never actually watched that episode (only read the transcript), but I can't remember was Weevil at that party? It has to be someone that's significant to the story line otherwise it just won't have quite the impact.

Comment

Ok so this is my first post and it is so far the only post I have ever done for a tv show. I haven't liked a show this much since Roswell.

Ok so here is my take on the whole Veronica and Logan thing.
                              IT IS HOT.
                              They are so perfect together.
                              When two people hate each other and then have a thing for each other that is so cool.
                              The two of them together just make the sucking face fun to watch.
                              I didn't think the kiss was creepy. I had to record the show because I was away and when I watched it I thought it was pretty funny that after words Veronica was the one who wanted to keep it a secret. I mean I totally understand why but it was such a guy reaction to what they have, (what ever that is).

On the topic of Logan being the one to rape Veronica..........I watched the preview for next week and there is a part in it when Veronica is kissing Logan in what looks like a bathroom and it is a flash back because it has the blue tint they like to do every time the revisit the past. She doesn't seem to be complaining. I think it might have been a misunderstanding and Logan didn't know she was drugged. Like I said I recorded the episode so I have the preview recorded as well and I played it in slow-mo and that is what I got out of it.

Ok I am done now. If anyone else caught on to what I did from the preview please let me know.

Ok scratch the bathroom thing, it looks like they just have a quick make out seen at school....
                              Last edited by JayneGirl; 04-20-2005, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎