No announcement yet.

Reeve vs. Routh

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeve vs. Routh

Do you think it's possible that Brandon will be an even better Superman/Clark Kent than Christopher Reeve?

There is no "better than Chris Reeve". There can be a "great" that's "different than Chris Reeve", but there is no "better".

Comment

I would have to wait to see the movie before I can say anything, but who knows? Anything is possible.

Comment

Chris Reeve acted out the Clark/Superman thing w/ a certain style, Routh I guess is supposed to look just like him which I think would make it hard for Routh to be better than C Reeve since Reeve was the Original and I think originality counts for a lot. Now if Routh had a different look to him, let's say a muscular Clark that didn't dress exactly like C Reeve did than it would be a different interpretation of the character which would be more of a fair comparison between the two. Actor 1 vs 2. SO if Routh is going to look just like Reeve in the movie I don't think that he can do just as well for people to be pleased, I think he has to do even better just for people to think he did as good a job as Reeve did. He definitely has his work cut out for him. Or not.

BTW, how much do y'all think TW would have looked like C Reeve if he had dressed up like Routh has?

Comment

I think Tom is very reminiscent of Christopher Reeve.

Comment

Judging it by the pictures, he certainly doesn't look like a good Clark Kent.. But I have no clue how he'll act. Hopefully he'll be a good Superman.

Comment

I actually rather like Routh as Clark Kent.

Comment

As with everything, it all depends on personal perception. Some people will like him better than CR-- hell, some people don't really like CR in the role-- some won't.

I just hope he's good enough to make this movie great; I don't really car at this point about comparing him to CR.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  There is no "better than Chris Reeve". There can be a "great" that's "different than Chris Reeve", but there is no "better".

True.

It looks like they're trying to turn Routh into Reeve, though. Which, I'm not sure, is a good think. Most likely not, though.

Comment

There have been other actors in the past, just in our gneration that is the only Superman we know. It will be hard for some of us, who gre up watching the first 2 films, won't count 3 and 4. This will be a good oppertunity for the newest generation to get into the Superman mythos.

Comment

Christopher Reeve wil always be number 1 all others pale in comparison

Comment

I thought Routh looked AMAZING as Clark Kent. He had a distinct look that was all his own. I don't buy people who pass it off as a Chris Reeve impersonation. He has different hair, more modern clothes, and overall he looked younger. Get back to me when we actually have a performance to critique.

As for Superman, I think it's clear from the new pic of Routh in the suit that they're going for a different look than Chris Reeve. All I hope is that Routh can add his own great touch to the role. Reeve WAS great, but he's not the only guy who can play Superman. I want Routh to offer an interpretation on the role that, while classic, remains all his own.

Comment

Originally posted by Axl Van Sixx
                          I thought Routh looked AMAZING as Clark Kent. He had a distinct look that was all his own. I don't buy people who pass it off as a Chris Reeve impersonation. He has different hair, more modern clothes, and overall he looked younger. Get back to me when we actually have a performance to critique.

As for Superman, I think it's clear from the new pic of Routh in the suit that they're going for a different look than Chris Reeve. All I hope is that Routh can add his own great touch to the role. Reeve WAS great, but he's not the only guy who can play Superman. I want Routh to offer an interpretation on the role that, while classic, remains all his own.
                          I agree 100%.

Personally, I hate these consistent comparisons. Reeve was awesome. But he died...may he rest in peace. I'm sure he would be as pleased as everyone (or should I say some people ) to see Superman on the big screen again. But for Superman to return someone had to take on the role and it is Routh. I hope he will do what all actors who have played Superman have done - his best.

Comment

It's too soon to tell. I don't even know what his voice sounds like.

Comment

no1 can be compared to chris reeves as superman, for me he IS superman and always will be. he played both clark and superman so well but as sed there can be "different" not saying routh wont be good, but i wudnt like to be in his shoes and be compared with reeves. im looking forward to the film regardless

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎