Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WWE Raw and Smackdown

I have been a fan of professional wrestling for a while now, and I was just curious if there were any other pro wrestling fans in here. I am a fan of the WWE, WCW, and ECW federations. Of course, the only federation that is still on TV is the WWE, however, WCW and ECW were both great at one time.

My favorite wrestler since late 1997 has been Goldberg. A big part of professional wrestling nowadays takes place on a microphone and through long drawn out technical matches. While I am a fan of both aspects, I loved the fact that a guy like Goldberg does not waste time talking, and his gimmick is based on solely kicking ass. His strength and intesnsity have always impressed me, and his entrance is one of the best I have ever seen.

However, I am also a huge fan of guys like Benoit, Jericho, Guerrero, etc who can put on an actual wrestling match.

My favorite new WWE star is John Cena. That guy kicks ass.

i was a huge fan of the nwo back when they were around. hall and nash were my favorite wrestlers. i also liked stone cold a lot, but i dont watch wrestling anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by redkryp
      i was a huge fan of the nwo back when they were around. hall and nash were my favorite wrestlers. i also liked stone cold a lot, but i dont watch wrestling anymore.
      That seems to be the case with a lot of people. The ratings for RAW used to be between
      6 - 8 million viewers. Now they are lucky if they can pull in above 4 million.

Wrestling seems like it has been played out. Every storyline and angle has been used, and everything nowadays just seems like it is recycled.

However, I still find myself watching everyweek. I think it is mainly out of habit.

Comment

Fan here!!!!

I've been watching ever since a Junior in High School.

Comment

I watch sometimes. The Rock was great. Since he's gone I don't watch as much.

Comment

i dare to say i am the biggest fan here, i have been watching since i was 2. and have always since, i had loved the time when LOD were big in the wwf and the demolition. and the warrior to, then i was really into hbk, when he was fighting bret, and austin. then i started to like the rock, cause he was cool, and now I am a kurt fan... and jericho too. he can rock the mic.... when he came in from wcw into wwf for the first time.... man, he was at his best on the mic.

for about 4..5 years, up untill this year i wanted to be a wrestler.... but lately i have been so bored by the show. they can make good story lines, but still stick with the same old McMahons angle.

ECW was by far the best though, i always loved that show, i used to live in philly so i could feel the hype... then lucky me some how i moved to canada... and got to see the ONLY ecw show in canada !

Comment

Kurt Angle is my favorite wrestler behind Goldberg. His skills in the ring and on the mic are unparelled. I liked him better as a heel though. His cocky nature is what made him so entertaining. Watching him rock each city he was in was great.

The best WWE match of recent memory was Kurt Angle vs Shane at KOTR 2001. It was Kurt's 3rd match of the night, and he was still great. I also loved the spots where Shane got thrown through the glass, and the Olympic Slam off the top rope was awesome.

The thing I hate is bandwagon fans who only like Kurt when he is a face. I have liked Kurt since his debut 4 years ago. If you are truly a fan, you like the person no matter what type of character they play.

My favorite fed is definately ECW though. The matches they had were insane, the fans were great, and Joey Styles was a great announcer. Hearing him go "Oh my god" after a spot was hit was great. I wish RVD could be like he was in ECW. His match with Jeff Hardy at Invasion was his best one, because he actually got to be himself. After that, the WWE asked him to tone down his attitude.
              Last edited by vyperman7; 11-20-2003, 05:16 PM.

Comment

I began watching wrestling when I was about 5 or 6. Growing up I loved watching legends like Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, and Andre the Giant. Back then wrestling was just wrestling, plain and simple. Nowadays it has turned into nothing more than a bad soap opera.
                Before I moved to my current residence, I lived with 2 other guys in a house and we used to get all the pay per views. People would come over and we would get some food and have a great time. It was more of a social thing. You hang out with friends, watch the ppv, and eat. If the event was good, then great. If it sucked, you could make fun of it with the people there.
                Since then things have changed. I have lost alot of interest in it because the storylines are worn out and it seems the actual wrestling is not as important. For me the last straw was when I saw Billy and Chuck get "married" on Smackdown. Two men pretending to be married on wrestling? Gimme a break.
                During the time I did watch it though, my favorites were HHH, Hurricane Helms (he is from this area), and Ric Flair.

Comment

Ric Flair is the greatest North American wrestler of all time in my opinion. His skills on the ring, and on the mic are outstanding. I also love how he can go from being a face or a heel at the drop of a hat. The Nature Boy rules. WOOOOOOO

Comment

my fav recent match was y2j vs hbk at wrestlemania. no fancey stuff just an awsome match all around.

Comment

I'm a huge Puro fan though. I do watch WWE sometimes when I have nothing more progressive to do, and I do like their game series with Yukes. Yukes improved the system by a few leaps.

Comment

Remember in WCW when Sid Vicious jumped off the turnbuckle and his bone came out his leg? Totally gross. I will never forget that match. I was quite surprised he actually came back to wrestle.

Comment

yeah.. i didnt see the whole match, cause it was a ppv , and i never got wcw ppv's, but i did see it on nitro... i was shocked , cause they gave VERY little warning as to what they were about to show.

Comment

And who can forget when Owen Hart fell to his death. There really have been some shocking and tragic moments in wrestling. The problem is it can be difficult to determine what is real and what is part of the storyline.
                            Unfortunately for the Hart family, this was the real deal.

Comment

yeah i stopped watching wrestling earlier this year the stories got boring. When i was watching i was a fan of the Hardy boyz, Hurricane Helms, and Jerhico.
                              I almost puked at that Sid incident.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎