Veronica Mars Gets New Castmate

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veronica Mars Gets New Castmate

Veronica Mars Gets New Castmate

Normally, I don't post spoilers (I like surprises), and perhaps this isn't one but figured, hey, why not post it anyways. This is according to a recent press release:
    [SPOILER]
    Sam Sarpong, once the international face of Tommy Hilfiger, and host of the S.I. TV The Rub, joins the cast of the UPN hit drama Veronica Mars. Sam will play Dime Bag, a famous rapper that comes to the town of Neptune, Calif.

Playing the rapper Dime Bag will come easy for the young actor, who is a member of the hip-hop/rock group The League along with childhood friend Mike Kasem, son of legendary DJ Casey Kasem. We may both be rappers, but I am nowhere near as obnoxious as Dime Bag. Hes a Divo, a male Diva. Sam says of the character he will portray.
    [/SPOILER]
    Thoughts on this?

Well, I like the Dime Bag name, lol. I like how VM doesn't pretend that HS is all bubble-gum and pop songs. VM definately has a more realistic take on HS than most series' I've seen. "Dime Bag" almost sounds like a realistic rap name. "Dime bag" is kinda cheesy but relating the name to marijuana sounds very realistic when many of todays rappers talk up the drug. I just wish they used a more serious sounding name to reference that issue like maybe "QP" or something. The concept of "Dime bag," I like. The name itself...iffy.

Don't know if the guy's look will match but, he seems like a pop-star/bubble gum rapper(no pun intended).

I'll reserve judgement until I see him. So far, VM rox as a series. I'm just waiting to see how many pay-offs or answers we get at the end of the season before opening up new questions. Smallville never gives the pay-off and we're constantly jerked around. If VM follows this formula of constant teasing without real pay-offs, it's gonna stink at the end. We already keep getting all of these unfinished mysteries. So, so far, so good. I have no reason to believe this "dime bad" guy will turn out badly.

Comment

A heavy metal guitarist who went by the nick name Dime Bag was just killed by a deranged fan a few weeks ago. Have the networks no shame?

Comment

The Dime Bag thing was announced before the guitarist was killed. Still wonder if they'll change it.

Comment

Thanks for the update and clarification. I forget that these decisions are made months in advance.

Comment

anyone heard if it has been changed... i would hope so

Comment

Supposedly there is another "stunt" casting ...

Trina Echolls, Logan's sister, is supposed to be played by ...

ETA: can't get spoiler font to work, it's on TWOP

Personally I'd rather see Sarah Jessica Parker from Sex in the City. She'd bring viewers and the show needs them.
              Last edited by mifune; 01-16-2005, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Darrell "Dime Bag" Abbott lived about 5 minutes from my house in Dalworthington Gardens, Texas. Got the name Pantera from Pantego, Texas...he was great guy and would always talk to his fans for as long as they wanted.

Comment

Not sure if this is a spoiler but I'll treat it as one.

[SPOILER] Allison hanigan from Buffy will make a one shot appearance as an Echolls family member.[/SPOILER]

Comment

How can I see the information in the [spoiler] thingy? Is it a link?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎