Collapse
No announcement yet.

Episode 1.10: An Echolls Family Christmas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I HATE missing all the cool commercials, though!

Comment

but on a more serious notes, the mods may get angry, but I don't really think they well.

anway I think the game was something kind of flying shotting thing...so that means I just narrowed down your search from 10 000 to 5 000, no need to thank me.

Comment

Thanks! Good point about the mods. Maybe I should crop the picture? It looked to me like a guy in blue running around shooting. A third person shooter. Maybe that narrows it down to 1000!

Comment

It's a little late, but the game in question was "X-Men Legends"

Comment

THANKS!!!

Comment

You're welcome.

It's a pretty good game aswell, I have it.

Comment

Can't really tell which team members he's using but I'm sensing Logan as Logan lol.

Comment

This is probably one of my favorite episodes of the season... in part because the mysteries of the week involve all the major characters... in part because of the incredible array of witty banter and sarcastic one liners... in part because this episode marks the beginning of the focus of the Echolls family, which seems to drive the second half of the season.

This episode delves further into the messed up inner workings of the Echolls family. Rob Thomas sets up season one by giving us a number of high school kids... with their roles successfully played in high school, their idiosyncracies and insecurities... then he peels the onion and delves into their lives... he tears them apart and turns the audiences seemingly highly justified opinions on their heads. As we delve further into Logan's back story we begin to understand the true person that lives beneath the outer shell that is Logan the Jackass. And this seems likely to continue in season two... since Rob Thomas has indicated that he will delve into the Casablancas family (Beaver & Dick's parents) and two new families in Neptune.

Additionally, this episode begins the more good-natured Logan/Veronica banter that marks the rest of the season. Their banter begins to take on a one-upmanship tone in this episode. Logan & Veronica tease one another, often harshly, but then glance at the other for reassurement... to make sure the other party understood how clever they were. Most notably when Logan makes his "V for Virgin" joke, when Veronica makes her "poker is hard" joke, when Logan makes his "Ho, ho... Ho" joke, and when Veronica makes her "bachelor" joke.

Finally, this episode once again turns stereotypes on their head.... the poor, minority has his money stolen... the richest boy in town is not really rich and is a thief.

Best Quotes:
                  Veronica: You know, there are some people who think Christmas is about the birth of Christ, and not baseball.
                  Keith: Well, we're all entitled to our own religions, Veronica.
                  Veronica: Oh, I am so sick of not having money. I'd be the best rich person. Seriously. I'd be the perfect combination of frivolous and sensible. Money is so wasted on the wealthy.
                  Weevil: See, there you go with that
                  head-tilt thing. You know, you think you're all badass but whenever you need something it's all, "hey."
                  Veronica: Just be glad I don't flip my hair. I'd own you.
                  Veronica: I'm just trying to help.
                  Weevil: In what alternate universe does it look like I need your help?
                  Logan (to Weevil): If you're asking me to the prom again, the answer is still no.
                  Logan (to Duncan): So what, are we breaking up now? Huh? You want your best friend charm back?
                  Logan (to Veronica): Did your super-sleuth kit come with a decoder ring? Do you have a pen that writes with invisible ink? Never mind, don't care. Mush! Mush!
                  Veronica: Look at you, all helpful.
                  Logan: Hey, your peskiness being unleashed on Connor brings me joy. Annoy, tiny blonde one. Annoy like the wind!
                  Logan: Do you even know how to play poker?
                  Veronica: No. But it must be really hard if all you guys play.
                  Veronica (about Logan): And then, there's bachelor number three. And he's got it all. Motive. Access. Looks like an evildoer, smells like an evildoer, but surprisingly...not so much.
                  Veronica Voiceover: What was I thinking? Christmas in Neptune is, was and always will be about the trappings. The lights and the tinsel they use to cover up the soridness, the corruption . No Veronica, there is no Santa Claus.

Comment

Airing on UPN tomorrow night as part of their Christmas specials. Don't miss your chance to watch one of the very best episodes of the series.

Comment

Thanks YQ22... and thanks for all the quotes.. you always do so much

Comment

No problem!!!

Comment

Again, this falls into my top 5. I am now addicted to this show.

Comment

This is my favorite episode of S1, everything here was perfect. The dialogue, characterization, solid motw, the snark, gotta love it!

Comment

Yes, it was good. It isn't my favorite but it falls very close. I like how it ended too. Plus the writters played very well on Lilly's father and Aaron's interaction.

Comment

I loved this episode for many reasons, mostly because of the sharp dialogue, highlighting one of my favorite minor characters (Lynn) and the whodunnit Agatha Christie style mystery. Definitely one of my favorites.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎