Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do violent video games induce violent behavior in kids?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seriously I am not sure about it.

Comment

• No. Simple answer.

I did a college speech (which required lots of research) on the topic. People who are violent and play video games are violent before hand. It's simply a convenient scapegoat for lazy parents when their already crazy children go nuts. They want a babysitter, then blame the babysitter. Video games have proven to be cathartic. Not only that they help with puzzle solving skills, reading, critical thinking, social interactions, and reflexes.
      Studies found that people who have violent tendencies were so before they played video games, some of whom were already on medication. It's like cursing, it isn't bad but actually rather therapeutic.
      I despise violence and I play many violent games. Now does it desensitize us? Arguable. We may react differently to death because of it, but it doesn't mean we will kill. People aren't generally stupid enough to think that someone will come back to life if you kill them and give them a green mushroom. And yes; it IS a form of expression thus protected under the First Amendment.
      They blamed movies, music, then video games. Once they loose this battle they'll move on to the next target.

Not to mention that is a self regulation market as proven by the ESRB.

If you want to blame video games for violence then blame guns for murder.
      Last edited by Krypto~Luan; 02-14-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

• Do games make violent children? Well kids don't cause Wars like certain national governments I could point fingers at. Kids kill computer sprites then pop off for a cola where governments kill real humans and they don't get up any more for a second go at living.

Comment

• This sure is a difficult question. I'm more on the yes side, but I agree the dynamics need to be studied more. The key is evidence through studies, but even here, there's a lot of debate going on.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎