No announcement yet.

Untitled

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful update, PIckle Lily!

Can't wait to find out when Clark will open the flood gates!

Comment

Thanks for all your comments. Sorry about the lack of update, I"ve not had much time, but I've got thursday off, so fingers crossed I'll be able to write some more. It's not going to drag on for much longer now, I want to keep it short and sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by PIckle Lily
        fingers crossed
        *crosses all 8 fingers*

Now, how are you & I gonna' be able to type?

Only thumbs left,
        Maniac

Comment

LOL, very slowly, expect the update next year! j/k!

Comment

Next part. It's short, but quite emotional.

Once Martha had left the loft Clark resumed his staring out the window. To a stranger looking in, he looked calm, almost peaceful, but inside his head incoherent thoughts were tumbling around with no sense of direction. The only thing Clark could latch onto was anger, anger at himself for not being there when he was needed, anger at the world for not understanding, and anger at nature for taking his rock, his life-support from him. Clark never knew how much he relied on his father, until it was too late. He felt like he was lost in the dark without a compass, and no-one was there to guide him.

Since his father died Clark couldn’t seem to make sense of anything, the world didn’t appear to have a place for him anymore. He didn’t know what he was supposed to do with his life. Jonathan Kent had always told him that he would make the right decision, but he had made some bad ones in the past and he didn’t believe that any longer.

So Clark Kent let the anger build up inside of him, he let it begin to consume him, and when it did he would unleash it. Suddenly a thought appeared in his head, as if out of nowhere.

Run

So he did.

Bunching his powerful muscles beneath him, Clark shot away, running as hard and as fast as he could. He ran straight through the cornfields blazing a trail of destruction. He entered forests, not bothering to run around the trees, just leaving them felled behind him. He passed through fields, with animals fleeing in all directions from him. Only a large lake forced him to change his direction, but he didn’t slow his pace. He ran for hours. He ran until he could run no more. He had run out of land. The beautiful Pacific Ocean lay sleeping below him. Clark made his way the beaches edges, where gentle waves were lapping against the shore.

For a moment he stared into the distance, he took a deep breath, before a primeval scream was ripped from his throat. At the same Clark lashed out with his heat vision, literally boiling the ocean in front of him. In a mad frenzy Clark released his anger into a wild storm, which was going to rage for hours.

Wind swirled around him, buffeting him this way and that. Dark clouds were forming and cold heavy raindrops beginning to fall, very quickly he was soaked to the skin. Clark was vulnerable, for the first time in his life Clark felt cold, the real cold, the cold that humans had to endure every winter. It was fitting, Clark’s winter was just beginning, and he couldn’t see when it would end, there was no new spring to look forward to. Shivering, exhausted, and gasping for breath, Clark collapsed on the beach, silent sobs shaking his shoulders, but no tears would come. He still couldn’t cry.

Comment

Wow! That was amazing. The part about the storm and Clark's personal winter was especially powerful, and so sad. Beautiful work.

(Something about that "Run" line made me think of Forrest Gump. But then, Forrest never started his very own storm!)

Comment

...Like, oh my god!! That was awesome! And basically everything Renee said!

Great job, more when you can!

~JEM~

Comment

Those last two paragraphs were especially stunning! To me it's like he emotionally turned himself inside-out, opening the floodgates externally because he can't yet to it internally. It feels raw and wrenching, as it should. Take a bow, it's a scene well played!

Comment

Wow, that just blew my away! Great update! More please!

Comment

Run
                      i wish i could run as fast he could! just run away from everything....*sigh*

everyone said everything i was going to say, so...what they said!

it was powerful and well written!

He still couldn’t cry.
                      poor clarkie!

Comment

Wonderful. Love how the weather reflects his mood.

Maniac

Comment

Wonderful!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthOfNever
                            Those last two paragraphs were especially stunning! To me it's like he emotionally turned himself inside-out, opening the floodgates externally because he can't yet to it internally. It feels raw and wrenching, as it should. Take a bow, it's a scene well played!

That's exactly what I was trying to get at, glad you understood. And I'm really pleased with Clark's personal winter thing, it just popped into my head when I was re-reading it!

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful compliments.

Comment

Awesome update, you were right it was short, but very emotional, as you also said. I loved the last paragraphs, they really show what is going on inside.

Comment

This story is poignant, and beautifully told. Sorry that Jon had to die. I like how you are showcasing Clark's internal turmoil and his external alien response......that even as he is physically invulnerable, emotionally he is extremely vulnerable and very human in his non-acceptance of his father's death.

I'm glad that his mom is there for him and I hope that his friends, expecially Lex, Pete and Chole, are there for him too.

Amazing work. Post more soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎