Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zanos
    The writing on this show makes Smallville look like a bad cartoon.
    Well, when a show is on a major network, and has a much bigger budget to hire good writers, that is usually what happens. If Smallville was on a major network, the effects would be better as well as the quality of the writing. Not that the effects are not good now. They are. I am just saying that they would be even better with a bigger budget.

Comment

I love this show. I know it's on against Smallville, but still. It's a really good show, very smart in its twists and characterization. Evil and good can't be figured out so easily on this show. I love that. Oh, and some of the cast members. WOW. My Party of Five & Hobbit love took over in the first episode.

Comment

Originally posted by vyperman7
        Well, when a show is on a major network, and has a much bigger budget to hire good writers, that is usually what happens. If Smallville was on a major network, the effects would be better as well as the quality of the writing. Not that the effects are not good now. They are. I am just saying that they would be even better with a bigger budget.

First, you can find good writers anywhere. Second, it starts at the top Gough and Millar created the bad situation they're currently in. It has nothing to do with who's on the bigger network or has more money. Just for the record the budget for season 1-3 of Smallville destroys Buffy's budget for their first 3 seasons and the writing on that show destroys Smallville. Nuff said.

Comment

Zanos,

It is true that you can find good writers anywhere. I agree with you there. But, I also think that if the show was on a major network with a bigger budget that they would be able to do more with the show then they can on the WB. With more resources available, they could find better writers and improve the show overall. The reason I feel that more money equals better writers, is because writers who know they are talented that could really do a good job on a show, will not work for what the WB could pay them. They would want to work for bigger networks like ABC on bigger shows like Lost.

I know that money does not always equal talent. But when you have more resources like ABC does, it definately does not hurt either.

Comment

With Disney money behind it, 'Lost' will have a chance to work out the kinks this season, till they get the kind of show they want.

Sadly, the WB doesn't pour such massive resources into Smallville. Why else would they produce the show around Vancouver, where the US$ exchange is more favourable for them.

Comment

Uh...Smallville may in fact be the most expensive show on the WB to produce. The reason why the show is in Vancouver is because it's so expensive to shoot it in the first place.

Comment

I want to know how can John can walk again

Comment

Same here, and I want to what Charlie's going to do when he runs out of drugs. I'm ready liking Clair, how about you?

Comment

There's so many red herrings in this show! Something seems suspicious for a few episodes (like Locke), but then you find out the truth and you're back to looking for answers.

Like the boy, some interesting things have have happened with him. Did anyone notice in the polar bear episode that the boy was reading a comic with a polar bear in it? Or when he wanted his dog back his father said to him that he'd go looking as soon as it stopped raining, and it instantly stopped raining.

Anyone got any theories?

Comment

I missed that, um.... intesting

Comment

well i havent seen the show, but what Thomas just said, it instantly makes me think of the movie "Sphere"

Comment

That their feelings are manifesting?!!

Oh....that sounds kinda true!!

Comment

I'd only noticed it with the boy, but it does seem like it could be happening to more of them!

I think it might be significant that the pregnant woman's baby wasn't moving for a day after the crash, but then suddenly started kicking again. I don't think they would have gone to the trouble of mentioning it if it wasn't important.

Locke's healing, the baby's stillness and then moving, the previously mentioned things with the boy, it seems that people's dreams are coming true.

It also seems to be true that everyone has their own demons to face, maybe there's some greater purpose to them being on the island.

Comment

thomasw, I haven't noticed the things that you have been. Your theories are really good ones I guess that I have to start paying more attention!

Comment

Saw my first ep last week. Pretty good show.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎