No announcement yet.

Superman & Lois: Rate #1.2 "Heritage"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman & Lois: Rate #1.2 "Heritage"

What did you think of Superman & Lois Episode 2?
    10 - Still super
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - I'd rather work for Morgan Edge than watch any more of this.
    0%

Great followup to the pilot as we learn more about Captain Luthor and we get AI Jor-El for the first time.

Also Kryptonopolis is from the comics in the storyline, Return To Krypton.

Comment

I enjoyed the 2nd episode. I believe they are building up to a great story for the season. It will be interesting to see where everyone's journey goes.....I really enjoy the family dynamic. I also like the adult feel to the show and not necessarily catering to a teenage audience. I am still confused on the where this is compared to Supergirl but I suppose we will figure it out as we go.

Comment

Another solid episode. I’m wondering if they will be in Smallville for the entire series or if they will forced to go back to Metropolis...also what is Clark’s cover story now? Farmer I guess?

Comment

So Mayor Dean’s full name is George Dean, an obvious allusion to George Reeves and Dean Cain. Craig also pointed out on the site that the actor played Chloe’s dad, Gabe in deleted scenes for the Smallville Pilot. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Chloe’s fiancé in “Apocalypse” originally supposed to be named George Dean? His character’s name was never revealed in the episode.

Comment

Wow —- that’s some pretty good connection-creating there. Kudos!

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
              So Mayor Dean’s full name is George Dean, an obvious allusion to George Reeves and Dean Cain. Craig also pointed out on the site that the actor played Chloe’s dad, Gabe in deleted scenes for the Smallville Pilot. Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t Chloe’s fiancé in “Apocalypse” originally supposed to be named George Dean? His character’s name was never revealed in the episode.
              Was his name listed in the credits? I didn't notice his first name is George! That's pretty cool!

Comment

My thoughts on this episode.

I saw the extended cut which was 45 minutes long.

Lois and Clark's closeness at the start when they arrived at Martha's house I enjoyed.

Them talking to Jordan about his abilities and their concerns with him going to school reminded of the talk Martha and Johnathan had with Clark in Smallville.

I felt bad for Jordan saying moving into the farmhouse made him feel like a freak.

Captain Luthor was looking for more Kryptonite to stop what Superman did in his world here meaning his version was evil there like Ultraman I assume?

Evil Superman was terrifying. I wonder if we'll see him some point unless he died when Captain Luthor's world did?

Clark and Jordan's bonding at the fortress was nice. Jordon clearly liked flying though it's a shame Johnathan wasn't included. The place looked different from the Supergirl Fortress. Not sure what to make of it yet but interested seeing further into it obviously.

Jor-El's AI sounded like Sir Patrick Stewart before we saw him although I know it wasn't him doing the voice.

The history of Krypton's destruction was changed from Supergirl's story no doubt post Crisis being how this show wants to be different from other CW shows which I understand but hope a couple of things link this still to the Arrowverse.

Lois saying we have radio made me smirk.

Typical Johnathan's already bullied on his first day. Sarah's boyfriend needs a telling off. She should dump him.

The brothers bond keeps interesting me. I look forward to more scenes with them.

We meet Morgan Edge who's a creep and knows how to get people persuaded by him. I'm glad Lois left the Daily Planet and now works at the Smallville Gazette although I hope that doesn't stop us from seeing Metropolis as there's only so many stories which can centred around Clark's hometown.

Chrissy Beppo reminded me of Smallville's Chloe who I assume the series was originally goanna have her penned as but with what's happened Allison Mack has forgone that naturally.

It'll be tough on Lois trying to take Edge down without the Planets resources though interesting seeing how her and Chrissy's work relationship turns out.

I understood Sam Lane's misgiving's in what's happened to Lois's life since her knowing Clark's secret and what it could do to the boys now they know but that doesn't mean he had to be straight up mean about it then.

It's clear Captain Luthor played on Sam's concerns about Clark then wanting him to become a villain.

Loved the continuing jokes.

So Jordan's heat vision was a one off thing meaning Johnathan's the one with powers perhaps which happened in the pilot because they were together at the bonfire and Jordan's able to scythe of Kryptonian energy a little bit exerting abilities temporarily? Interesting if that is although I felt bad for him again.

Lois was one of my favourite characters this episode barring the boys from her wanting to out Morgan Edge to her conversations throughout with Clark and her sons.

Sarah's already suspicious about the Kent boys asking questions. I wonder how long it'll be before she finds out the truth and will that be before her mother or father does?

Lana's husband's continuing to be someone I disagree with pinning all his hopes on someone and stomping on anyone who doesn't like Edge. Lana should divorce him.

And Clark trying to be a better father and letting Jordan go to school in the end made him more human than Kryptonian.

A good episode all round otherwise then.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎