No announcement yet.

Jonathan or Jordan?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonathan or Jordan?

I'm curious for everyone else: Do you identify more with Jordan, or do you identify more with Jonathan?

Originally posted by KSiteTV
    I'm curious for everyone else: Do you identify more with Jordan, or do you identify more with Jonathan?
    I’m probably identify more with Jordan. My older brother has social anxiety disorder. While I have never been diagnosed myself, I do have a bit of social phobia in some circumstances. I actually want to be around people though. Basically I’m an introvert who wants to be an extrovert lol.

Comment

I identify with Jordan myself, mostly because I definitely would be sending Star Trek emojis to people, but also because I was never that good at sports and would've been more classified as the outsider. I was the "nerd" in school which Jordan isn't, but I do know I kind of felt the "win" with Jordan finding out he was the one with powers.

I do think Jonathan is a great brother, but he's not someone I think I would have actively been friends with. But then again, he does seem friendly, but Jordan is definitely the one I'd identify with.

Comment

I identify with Jordan myself, mostly because I definitely would be sending Star Trek emojis to people, but also because I was never that good at sports and would've been more classified as the outsider. I was the "nerd" in school which Jordan isn't, but I do know I kind of felt the "win" with Jordan finding out he was the one with powers.

I do think Jonathan is a great brother, but he's not someone I think I would have actively been friends with. But then again, he does seem friendly, but Jordan is definitely the one I'd identify with.
        oh yes I forgot about the Star Trek emojis part. I definitely would have been doing that if that was a thing when I was younger. I was never that athletic myself. Was on a team that won a basketball championship but got hardly any playing time because I was not good...the coach was Mormon and didn’t want to cut anyone.

yeah Jonathan seems like he is a good brother and doesn’t seem like the jerks that SVClark played with at Smallville High...I just rewatched Facade (in the middle of Devoted now) last night for the first time in years.

Comment

Jonathan... I guess.

I played semi professionally and still play recreational sports (football, tennis, basketball). I've been popular with girls (now have a lovely wife) ... but I was also a huge Superman, Star Trek, Star Wars, comics fan, played D&D with friends, etc. I always felt/still feel, that jocks and nerds was just an american tv fantasy and not something with what you can label and group people in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by CKent/KalEl
            Jonathan... I guess.

I played semi professionally and still play recreational sports (football, tennis, basketball). I've been popular with girls (now have a lovely wife) ... but I was also a huge Superman, Star Trek, Star Wars, comics fan, played D&D with friends, etc. I always felt/still feel, that jocks and nerds was just an american tv fantasy and not something with what you can label and group people in real life.
            Yeah, athletic ability or interest in sport doesn’t necessarily correspond with lack of interest in sci-fi and vice versa. I had a genuine interest in sports growing up but for the most part I just happen to be not very good. The biggest highlight of my attempts at sports was playing peewee football during the championship game (which we lost) at the stadium where our CFL team played (I’m from Canada). I helped tackle a couple of people, so my was called...but it was bizarre, I was like 90 lbs playing defensive line. They should have kept me at safety.

I only really watch baseball now. I think nowadays more than ever, the dichotomy is blurred.
            Last edited by Vergon6; 02-28-2021, 06:20 PM.

Comment

I think I identify more with Jordan, because he seems more like the outsider when compared to anyone else in his family (including his Dad). I never got to know my old man very well, for a variety of reasons, and so I gravitated toward stories that focused on father/son dynamics. This would naturally include the Superman mythos, which I've enjoyed on TV and film since growing up in the mid-'80s.

Comment

Is it just me or do these two brother feel a bit like the two eldest of Tim Taylor, Brad & Randy Taylor?

Comment

Originally posted by Vergon6
                  Yeah, athletic ability or interest in sport doesn’t necessarily correspond with lack of interest in sci-fi and vice versa. I had a genuine interest in sports growing up but for the most part I just happen to be not very good. The biggest highlight of my attempts at sports was playing peewee football during the championship game (which we lost) at the stadium where our CFL team played (I’m from Canada). I helped tackle a couple of people, so my was called...but it was bizarre, I was like 90 lbs playing defensive line. They should have kept me at safety.

I only really watch baseball now. I think nowadays more than ever, the dichotomy is blurred.
                  Yeah, I can relate to that. I was always just good enough, but never truly excelled. Occasionally had a few bright moments, but nothing that would make me stand out that much or push me towards the stars and big money.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Doena
                    Is it just me or do these two brother feel a bit like the two eldest of Tim Taylor, Brad & Randy Taylor?
                    Don't say that or they'll both play evil meteor freaks in the next stages of their careers. Haha.

Comment

Jonathan in terms of being on the straight and narrow while Jordan in terms of being introverted and playing video games.

Comment

Jordan, I'm as introverted as they come, trying to break out though.....

Comment

Don't say that or they'll both play evil meteor freaks in the next stages of their careers. Haha.
                          It would be funny if a meteor freak or two showed up on the show. The meteor shower causing some metahumans was a good idea in principle but they went to that well a little too often on Smallville. I’m hoping due to Crisis, the Arrowverse won’t just have metahumans created by the particle accelerator explosion.
                          Last edited by Vergon6; 03-04-2021, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎