Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&L "Pilot" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh no! Hopefully, the boys have abilities

Comment

I’m glad that this first episode is over now. We’ve seen enough images and clips from this episode. I’m ready to see where this series will actually go.

Comment

The pilot did exactly what the leaked script wrote. It's a joy to see how this comes out in live-action.

Comment

LOVED every second of this episode! Excited to see where this show goes

Comment

This show looks like a winner! Thoroughly enjoyed the premiere.

Comment

NuLuthor

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              Wait a minute...that didn’t sound like Jon Cryer’s Lex Luthor!

I wasn’t sure but, is this set in an alternative Earth? cause no mention of Kara (yeah there was that Superwoman line but, not Supergirl).
              Have a feeling this is a different Luthor than Lex.

It would seem weird that they would spend so much time bringing all the heroes into the same Earth and then have an alt version of Clark and Lois. (Even though the new multiverse exists.)
              Though, it does appear that the boys grew up normally, so oddly it would seem like this takes place years in the future of the current Arrowverse time.

I'm sure they'll clarify at some point because the Legacy of Hope special made a point of this still being the shared universe.

Comment

More on Luthor from TVLine:

Of that final twist, Hoechlin tells TVLine, “We had conversations ahead of time about whether a Luthor was going to be around, whether we’d work with that name or not. So I was aware before I read the pilot. I didn’t have that same ‘dun, dun, dun!’ moment that the fans had at the end. But I think it’s great. I love it, and I think the fans are going to love it. You need a nemesis, man, and who else?”

“When Greg [Berlanti] and I first started talking about this, we wanted an iconic villain for Superman,” showrunner Todd Helbing explained to reporters earlier this month. “It was our opportunity, coming out of [Crisis on Infinite Earths] to tell a new story and bring the audiences this new journey with somebody that they feel like they’ve known. John Cryer’s on Supergirl, and he’s done this crazy, amazing job with Lex Luthor. But our show is different. We wanted to tell a new story. There’s a lot of twists and turns, secrets are revealed and mysteries unfold in [a] way that this version is going to feel fresh and new and completely different than anything we’ve seen before.”

Fortunately, you won’t have to wait long for real answers, as the second episode reveals much more about this “Captain Luthor.”

Comment

I agree with those that loved it. That whole scene with the car & the golden age 'S' was a nod to Action Comics #1. And I am sure I've seen the frozen lake save in a comic book over the years too. I think this Luthor is from one of the destroyed Earths from Crisis, and not one we have seen before. Also, is this a new Kent farm set or the original one from Smallville, which they have used before in the Arrowverse. It wuld be cool if they used the same one.
                  Last edited by iceman1955; 02-24-2021, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman1955
                    I agree with those that loved it. That whole scene with the car & the golden age 'S' was a nod to Action Comics #1. And I am sure I've seen the frozen lake save in a comic book over the years too. I think this Luthor is from one of the destroyed Earths from Crisis, and not one we have seen before. Also, is this a new Kent farm set or the original one from Smallville, which they have used before in the Arrowverse. It wuld be cool if they used the same one.
                    I was looking forward to them using the Smallville farm, but having seen the new one, I really love it. I'm glad that they're setting off on their own and setting themselves apart from past iterations. The SV farm was great for that show, but this feels a bit more... lived in, aged, less pop-art and more American Gothic.

Comment

I really enjoyed the show and was so shocked at how well it was done. I am looking forward to the season and see where it all goes. I also enjoyed all the supporting characters. Lana is great and I like her husband and daughter. It's such a new story and as a viewer I don't know what to expect.

Comment

Something that tickles me, as someone who grew up outside Chicago and lived in the city during school, is how much the CW loves the Windy City.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.33.43 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	6628643

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 5.33.57 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	6628644
                        The wide shot omits the very telltale sights of the John Hancock and Sears Tower (I refuse to acknowledge this "Willis"), and the shot of the Daily Planet features a lopped-off Sears next to 311 South Wacker Drive.

EDIT: The Daily Planet building is 310 S Michigan Ave in Chicago.
                        Last edited by brysenji; 02-25-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

This show was just so beautiful to behold, despite how bleak and washed out it looked. The cinematography was just top notch. I am glad they changed the Kent farm and didn't use the Smallville version, in line with what they seem to be going for with this show, for it to stand on its own, separate from everything that has come before it (blame it on Crisis).

Comment

I can’t help but to unsee the strong resemblance Bitsie Tulloch has to Margot Kidder; even when she smirks she looks like the OG Lois Lane.

Comment

As I’m rewatching it for a second time and the boys are discovering the ship in the basement of the barn, a reasonable thought comes to mind...why didn’t Clark move the ship to the Fortress of Solitude (he had well over 14yrs to do so)? Yeah, they boys were told not to go in the barn but, kids will be kids and eventually they’d be curious and look in the barn. Foresight sure isn’t one of his powers 😂

Comment

Its been years since I've posted on this site but wanted to weigh in after watching the pilot. Pleasantly surprised. Did not have high expectations coming off the portrayals of this version of Lois & Clark on Supergirl and the multiverse crossover. Very much liked the the cinematography and special effects. Hope the quality of each holds up post-pilot as they get into their regular episodes. Nice to see that even super hero couples have real-life day to day issues with raising kids, finances, etc. Tyler & Bitsy did great jobs as did the teen actors playing the the two sons.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎