No announcement yet.

Coming 2 America (2021)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming 2 America (2021)

Thirty-two years after Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall became movie royalty in Coming to America, Prince Akeem and his trusty friend Semmi reunite in the long-awaited sequel.

Directed by Murphy's Dolemite Is My Name collaborator Craig Brewer, Coming 2 America picks up as Akeem prepares to become king, only to learn that he long ago fathered a son (Jermaine Fowler) with a woman from Queens (Leslie Jones). Joining Fowler and Jones as newcomers to the series are KiKi Layne, Tracy Morgan, Rick Ross, and Wesley Snipes, while returning alums include Shari Headley, Paul Bates, John Amos,and James Earl Jones

Trailer
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-23-2020, 06:32 PM.

Trailer 2:

https://youtu.be/acxUWBg_7CM

Comment

Did we need a sequel to one of Eddie Murphy’s best movies of all time, No! Did it lean too much on the nostalgia of the original, Yes! Could you see where this film was going from the trailers alone, Yes! And to that point did you figure out when the son was conceived from the trailers, Yes! Are the Barbar Shop crew still alive, Yes? But it was such a sweet film that I can excuse it’s faults. This was a sequel about the next generation.

Everyone from the original came back expect for Eric La Salle’s Darryl (they missed an opportunity to give him a shout out in the ex’s scene) and Madge Sinclair’s Queen Aoleon who passed away in real life but, who’s presence was still very much felt.

I laughed here and there (especially when we went back to the well with the jokes); there was no way this movie would work without them. My biggest laugh out loud moment was towards the end with the two surprise character cameos (I didn’t see coming)...

I did enjoy all the different cameos from various celebrities...was it necessary, No! But, again it was fine.

I’ve always paired Trading Places with Coming to America as a spirited spin-off...this sequel just added to the sentiment too.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎