No announcement yet.

Ahsoka (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahsoka (Disney+)

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-26-2022, 06:10 PM.

The question is if they'll have Ezra Bridger and/or Sabine Wren show up. Linking the show to the end scene of Rebels. Especially if they're going (presumably) to continue with the thread, from Ashoka's appearance on The Mandalorian, of her looking for Grand Admiral Thrawn. With Sabine being a Mandalorian, I could see her show up on either this show or The Mandalorian. As this show will likely be more about Jedis and other force users, than The Mandalorian, this would be the place for Ezra to show up. Probably not much point to have him hang out with Mando, now that Grogu isn't with him anymore. But with Ashoka... You'd have her (an ex-Padawan, who chose to leave the order) and Ezra (a Padawan with, when last seen, incomplete training) interact. He could go off, complete his training with Luke (becoming a Jedi knight, at last), representing a different path that Ashoka chooses not walk. Join Luke's new order... then (Ezra) likely getting killed by Ben Solo a decade and a half from now. Probably kills Grogu too. The sequel trilogy sure creates a lot of trouble ahead for these new shows. Painting them into a corner.

Comment

Hayden Christensen Joins Rosario Dawson In ‘Star Wars’ Spinoff Ahsoka

https://deadline.com/2021/10/hayden-...rs-1234861078/

Not the series I expected him to show up on, though I also haven’t seen much of the Clone Wars/Rebels animated series (or for that matter the others)…so, I’m not sure how things ended between the two characters to say that it does/doesn’t makes sense from a story perspective…especially since Anakin became Darth Vader. Curious if they we going to give Anakin a redemption arc in this series (even as a force ghost)?

Though, I hope they use him sparingly not just because he was among the main reasons the prequels were terrible but because they’re going back to that old “Skywalker” crutch.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 10-22-2021, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Natasha Liu Bordizzo joins Star Wars and Disney+'s upcoming Ahsoka as Star Wars Rebel mainstay Sabine Wren.

The upcoming Star Wars series Ahsoka for Disney+ has cast its Sabine Wren.

According to Deadline, Natasha Liu Bordizzo will play Sabine in her first foray into live-action. She's best known for her roles in Guns Akimbo and Hotel Mumbai.

Comment

Mary Elizabeth Winstead has joined the cast in an unknown role. Given Winstead's relationship with Ewan McGregor, for some reason, I'm weirdly expecting her to be playing Obi-Wan's daughter (with Satine or someone). A sort of Georgina Tennant in Doctor Who thing.

Ukranian actress Ivanna Sakhno has also been cast. No detail in the THR article about whom she is playing. According to a CBR article:

A production notice for Disney+'s Star Wars series Ahsoka reveals plenty of new information about Rosario Dawson's upcoming Mandalorian spinoff.

she is rumored to be playing a character called Astrid, a "formidable mercenary" who "can either follow the path of her unit or take hold of her own aspiration in service of her own glory."

Comment

Comment

Hera Syndulla and Chopper will appear on the show.

With Hera coming, I expect her son, Jacen, to also appear. He'd be about ten by this point. For non-Rebels viewers: Jacen's father was Kanan Jarrus, Jedi knight.

Comment

Ezra Bridger is officially headed to live-action, with Eman Esfandi playing the Star Wars animated character in Ahsoka, the Disney+ series toplined by Rosario Dawson.

Esfandi’s credits include the Robert Rodriguez horror film Red 11, which screened at Cannes in 2019, as well as a small role in best picture nominee King Richard. He also appears in the upcoming gay military drama The Inspection, which is getting strong early reviews out of the Toronto Film Festival this week.

Comment

A new rumor suggests that Lucasfilm is developing a live-action Star Wars series centered on Ezra Bridger that will be set after the Ahsoka series.

A new rumor suggests that Lucasfilm is developing a live-action Star Wars series centered on Ezra Bridger that will be set after the Ahsoka series.

Star Wars Rebels fans will reportedly be seeing a lot more of Eman Esfandi's Ezra Bridger in the near future.

According to industry insider Daniel RPK (via The DisInsider), Esfandi has signed a deal to star as Ezra in his own live-action Star Wars, which will take place after the events of Ahsoka. It is unknown at this time if the untitled series will be a direct sequel to Star Wars Rebels, but Daniel RPK has noted that the story is currently centered around only Ezra and not any of the other Rebels characters.
                  Could be interesting. A way to basically do new Luke Skywalker (as a young man) stories, without expensive tech to have a 30-year-old Luke onscreen for 40-50 minutes each week, and without being locked in by anything established in the sequel trilogy.

Comment

Comment

0:43 Yeah, I was wondering if they were going to recreate the ending of the Rebels finale. Though, it looks like they're mildly retconning it.

Comment

1:07 That background. It doesn't look entirely like the World Between Worlds, but it still reminds me a bit of it.

Comment

Watching the Star Wars Celebration panel with Ivanna Sakhno, I find myself wondering if (as this appears to take some cues from the Heir to the Empire (1991) book) her character will be a sort-of Mara Jade analogue.

Comment

It's all leading towards Feloni's big movie. It will the big blowoff of his universe where they wrap up all the shows (Ahsoka, The Mandalorian and The Book Of Boba Fett).

The way they are treating Thrawn, they are setting him up to be the Thanos of this universe. The big bad they all have to team up to beat. So I don't think we'll see a lot of him here (I think Ray Stevenson's Baylan Skoll will be the main villain of the series, similar to Gideon on The Mandalorian).

Given that Feloni's movie takes place between Return Of The Jedi and The Force Awakens, theoretically they could bring in Luke Skywalker and Han Solo via de-aging technology. Although in all likelyhood the main heroes will be Ahsoka, Bo-Katan and Fennec Shand. Stunning and brave.

Comment

Rewatching a few episodes of Rebels, I hope that they include AP-5.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎