No announcement yet.

Spider-Man 3 (2021)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-Man 3 (2021)

Apparently, the cast will include [SPOILER]Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange and Jamie Foxx will reprise the role of Electro.[/SPOILER] It's unclear if the latter will be a J.K. Simmons type thing (i.e. he's playing a version native to the MCU) or if it's a multiverse type thing (and he'll literally be the version from the other movie). Though, the other casting announcement (see spoiler tag) does open that possibility.

The big question is then if they'll (just speculating, no evidence) have Tobey and Andrew show up. If they do (and it won't just be for a few seconds, that gets overhyped by trailers... and online buzz/fan theories), I just hope for two things:

1) That Tobey and Andrews Peter Parkers are depicted as having grown and developed since we last saw them. In 2021, it'll be 14 and 7 years since we last saw them (and that's assuming that SM3 and TASM2 are both set in the year that they were released. Haven't watched them in ages, so I don't know). Things should've happened to them (both in their role as Spider-Man and their personal lives), over that time.

2) That the three Peter Parkers (Tobey, Andrew and Tom) get depicted as individuals, rather than interchangable. Don't just have Tobey and Andrew be exactly like how Tom's Peter will be like in 10-20 years. Nor should Tobey and Andrew be like each other. Have them develop differently. When we last saw Tobey, he was having marriage thoughts about Dunst's Mary Jane. Have that have happened. He married MJ and they now have a daughter (May "Mayday" Parker) together. Andrew's Peter could've developed differently. Naturally, he couldn't have ended up marrying Gwen Stacy. But don't have him end up with the Mary Jane Watson of his universe either. If he's in a relationship, have it be with someone else.
    Last edited by jon-el87; 02-24-2021, 11:40 AM.

I’m speculating too, this will set up Sony’s Spider-Man/Live Action Spider-Verse franchise. Marvel gets to close out Spider-Man’s story in the MCU, while handing over the reigns to Sony. I’m thinking at the close of this next movie he choices or is forced to leave the MCU Earth. And now Sony can produce a new series of Tom Holland lead Spider-Man movies where he’s introduced to new allies (e.g. Spider-Gwen) and villains (e.g Tom Hardy’s Venom) on a different Earth(s)...Sony can differentiate themselves with these movies if they can take the multiverse angle and run with it (instead of rebooting it for the umpteenth time).

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
      I’m speculating too, this will set up Sony’s Spider-Man/Live Action Spider-Verse franchise. Marvel gets to close out Spider-Man’s story in the MCU, while handing over the reigns to Sony. I’m thinking at the close of this next movie he choices or is forced to leave the MCU Earth. And now Sony can produce a new series of Tom Holland lead Spider-Man movies where he’s introduced to new allies (e.g. Spider-Gwen) and villains (e.g Tom Hardy’s Venom) on a different Earth(s)...Sony can differentiate themselves with these movies if they can take the multiverse angle and run with it (instead of rebooting it for the umpteenth time).
      That is a possibility. I just hope, in such a scenario, that it isn't done through killing off either Tobey's or Andrew's Spider-Men (with Tom's taking their place). Both, no doubt, have their fanbases. It'd be a jerk move to either fanbase, to bring back their favorite Peter Parker, just to kill him off, so that Tom's Peter Parker can move to a new universe. Sure, they'd most likely move him to a fourth universe (likely the same as Venom), but dumb decisions do get made.

If Tom's Peter were to move to another universe, it raises the question of his supporting cast (specifically May, MJ and Ned). Would he leave them behind (requiring him to get a brand-new supporting cast (even an AU Michelle "MJ" Jones and Ned could count as new characters), in a fourth movie)? Would some of them go with him? Outside of May, the latter scenario would be problematic, as it would have them up and leave their own families behind, to join Peter in another universe.

Comment

A now-private video from Sony has fueled speculation that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will reprise their web-slinging roles in Spider-Man 3.

Apparently, Sony Channel Latin America briefly released (before making it private) a video that seems to hint that [SPOILER]Tobey and Andrew[/SPOILER] will be in this.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 12-04-2020, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          https://www.cbr.com/spider-man-3-son...maguire-video/

Apparently, Sony Channel Latin America briefly released (before making it private) a video that seems to hint that [SPOILER]Tobey and Andrew[/SPOILER] will be in this.
          I guess the rumor is fact. If they are going to do some type of multiverse arc it only makes sense.

Comment

[SPOILER]Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus is apparently coming back.[/SPOILER]

Comment

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...doctor-octopus

[SPOILER]Alfred Molina as Doctor Octopus is apparently coming back.[/SPOILER]
              You beat me to it...The only thing I can figure is that he’s playing a different version of his character ([SPOILER] Otto died at the end of the SM2[/SPOILER]; I would hope they wouldn’t undo that). Marvel has given use different versions of the same character already (e.g. Loki, Gamora, Nebula). I couldn’t see why they wouldn’t with him. This movie is still a joint Marvel/Sony collaboration.

So Marvel/Sony is pushing the multiverse arc in a big way. Obviously, DC has done it on a smaller scale with the Arrowverse but, we’re only at the beginning of Marvel’s multiverse arc for the big screen...so I’m definitely curious where we’ll be with the next few MCU movies and just what Sony’s plan will be with their separate Spider-Verse.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-08-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Andrew Garfield and Kirsten Dunst will reportedly return as Peter Parker and Mary Jane Watson in Marvel and Sony's Spider-Man 3.

[SPOILER]Andrew and Kirsten Dunst[/SPOILER] are reported to be back.

Comment

Apparently you can add [SPOILER]Charlie Cox, reprising his role as Daredevil[/SPOILER]...if this is true and later it also comes out that [SPOILER] Vincent D'Onofrio reprising his Wilson Fisk AKA Kingpin[/SPOILER] this is going to be epic!

https://tvline.com/2020/12/09/darede...r-man-3-movie/

They really are going all out for this movie and could only go two ways...a big dumpster fire or one of the best MCU films thus far made.

Comment

Sony was expected to release a Spider-Man 3 teaser in December, but the studio might wait to lock in Tobey Maguire before revealing any footage.

Sony Pictures was expected to release a Spider-Man 3 teaser in December, but something is apparently standing in the studio's way.

According to Daniel Richtman -- an entertainment "scooper" with an impressive track record -- Sony is reportedly waiting to drop the much-anticipated teaser trailer until after Tobey Maguire is signed on to the film. With no actual confirmation of Maguire's involvement in Spider-Man 3 and the end of December quickly approaching, the studio may not meet its deadline.
                    If true, this makes me nervous. I'm getting a bit of Crisis on Infinite Earths flashbacks (where they seemingly approached Michael Rosenbaum, at the last minute, and it was becoming clear that they hadn't planned everything carefully, nor had everything arranged everything, months before they started production. Just threw in some last minute cameos, featuring whoever was willing to show up for 30 seconds, with the cameos not advancing the actual plot).
                    Last edited by jon-el87; 12-23-2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

https://www.cbr.com/sony-spider-man-...e-teaser-hold/

If true, this makes me nervous. I'm getting a bit of Crisis on Infinite Earths flashbacks (where they seemingly approached Michael Rosenbaum, at the last minute, and it was becoming clear that they hadn't planned everything carefully, nor had everything arranged everything, months before they started production. Just threw in some last minute cameos, featuring whoever was willing to show up for 30 seconds, with the cameos not advancing the actual plot).
                      In Rosenbaum’s case he was dealing with personal matters and they had approached him with very little details (from what he stated on his podcast). In Tobey’s case, it sounds like Sony is still negotiating with his camp; which means they’re probably asking for more money and/or a bigger role.

Comment

The title of the movie is Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Comment

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...y-home-1292535

The title of the movie is Spider-Man: No Way Home.
                          I suspect that when the Spider-Man trilogy box set comes out they’re going to find a way to incorporate/promote it using Home somehow 😂

Comment

The Amazing Spider-Man star Andrew Garfield denies reports of his appearance in Spider-Man: No Way Home, though he doesn't give a firm denial.

Andre Garfield denies involvement with the film.

Comment

The trailer was leaked and I have seen it…won’t give anything away but, the synopsis (which I read prior to watching the trailer) is all over social media and it looks like it’s exactly what it appears to be. They have to officially release it soon; I won’t be surprised if it’s sometime today or in the next few days.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎