No announcement yet.

Stargirl #1.1 "Pilot"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stargirl #1.1 "Pilot"

Talk about the first episode of Stargirl here!

(Note: Stargirl airs Mondays on DC Universe, and Tuesdays on The CW, so there may be spoilers discussed.)
    10 - Stellar
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Lamer than Disney's Stargirl
    0%

What did everybody think?

Comment

I needed to see more; it ended so abruptly mid-fight between Courtney and Brainwave before Dugan showed up in a robot that looked like the Iron Giant’s little brother. We didn’t even get her in the costume.

I get that Courtney and Dugan will eventually have this father/daughter relationship; their chemistry needs some work. I am surprised though, that they quickly nixed the idea that Starman (Joel McHale) could be Courtney’s father even with the staff responding to her.

I liked that they gave the staff personality, I wasn’t expecting that. I assumed that it was all Courtney and her athleticism. Once she’s more in control, I hope they don’t forget the staff to where it just becomes a prop (it doesn’t have to get cartoony just make sure to remind the audience that it’s more than a staff).

I could have done without the ‘new kid’ trope. It was very predictable in that aspect...The mean popular girl in school tries to recruit Courtney into her clique only to be quickly dismissed and regulated to the losers group. Obviously, the group will turn out to be the new JSA (just look at the promo poster for the show).

Though...

I assume that we haven’t seen the last of the original JSA members. I mean we got a flashback of some banter between Starman and Dugan and got some action before the JSA get quickly defeated prior to the opening title sequence. Flashbacks are just necessary for these shows (though some more than others).

Overall, it was a decent premiere.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-18-2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

I loved every minute of it. It felt like it blended Smallville with The Flash amazingly well. The atmosphere was fantastic. I knew we would get a cliffhanger like that and even when it happened, i was like awwwwww come on i want to see more please! The last time i wanted to see more when i got a cliffhanger was 1995's Mortal Kombat. I definitely cant wait for episode two and ill be there every week.

Comment

Even more Smallville vibes in episode 2 with Greg Beeman directing! And spoiler: We do get the costume in that episode.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎