Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Destiny of the Daleks (Classic era serial)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destiny of the Daleks (Classic era serial)

The final Dalek story written by Terry Nation. Though, he didn't write all the scenes. The opening of the first part was penned by Douglas Adams, which has Romana regerating. I like Lalla Ward's performance in the serial, but I don't like that scene. First Romana changes into the form of Princess Astra, then a short blue woman, followed by an opera lady, then a tall woman (I felt sorry for that actress. She's cast, because of her height, then she's just supposed to stand there, while Tom Baker is critical about her height; in other words, what her body looks like), then back into Princess Astra. This is entirely inconsistent with how regeneration have otherwise been portrayed. It means that, within the span of a few minutes, Romana is burning through five regerations (with Lalla Ward being both the second and sixth incarnations), with no motivation given for why she's doing something that Time Lords otherwise only do, to cheat death.

Not crazy about the Daleks needing to bring back Davros (who'd now appear in every Dalek story, until the end of the classic series).

Though, other than the Romana regeneration scene and the resurrection of Davros, I liked the story. Quite liked the Movellans.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎