She-Hulk (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She-Hulk (Disney+)

Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-17-2022, 03:24 PM. Reason: title change

Kat Coiro (The Mick) is in negotiations to direct the pilot and several other episodes of the series. Coiro will also serve as an executive producer.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/marvels...ep-1234576658/

Comment

Tatiana Maslany (Orphan Black) has been cast as Jennifer Walters aka She-Hulk herself

This just made my entire week!!!
      Last edited by KSiteTV; 09-18-2020, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Never seen Orphan Black, but I have seen her on Perry Mason. Looking forward to it.

Comment

Tatiana Maslany's casting shows me Marvel means serious business with this Disney+ stuff. Casting an actress of her caliber is comparable to when they got Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther. This is going to be REALLY good!

Comment

Whelp! Now reports are coming out that Tatiana herself has refuted claims that she’s been cast as She-Hulk... she went on to say that she’s not currently tied to the series.

Comment

Kevin Feige today announced at Disney Investor Day that Tim Roth is reprising his Hulk character of The Abomination while Avengers thespian Mark Ruffalo will reprise the character of The Hulk in the upcoming She Hulk Disney+/Marvel series.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/she-hul...es-1234654551/

I guess Tatiana Maslany had to deflect her involvement with the series until the appropriate time.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-11-2020, 07:58 PM.

Comment

From CBR:

She-Hulk continues to fill out its cast with the addition of the actor who will play Jennifer Walters' best friend. Ginger Gonzaga will play the character, who so far has not been officially named. Gonzaga will be teaming up with Tatiana Maslany, who portrays the titular hero.

In the comics, Walters/She-Hulk's best friend is Patsy Walker / Hellcat, who has been played by Rachael Taylor on Netflix's Jessica Jones. Earlier rumors claimed that another actor from that series might make the jump to Disney+, as Krysten Ritter is allegedly in talks to reprise the character of Jones. However, nothing on that front has been made official yet.
                Don't see them carrying over characters from the Netflix shows, with Jennifer being Trish's lawyer, following the events of Jessica Jones season 3 (given the end of season 3, you'd have to resolve/tie-in to that, to be able to have Trish hang out with Jennifer). You end up with a backstory, that viewers needs to look up... on a rival streaming service.

So either they'd have to go out, and directly ackowledge the existing TV shows as non-canon. Giving them a clean slate, with a new Patsy Walker (while triggering fans of the shows). Or have a different character. I could see them replace Patsy Walker/Hellcat with Greer Grant/Tigra. After all, in the comics, Hellcat's costume originally belonged to Grant (before becoming Tigra). Might be a bit meta. But, they'd probably skip that stage, and go directly to her becoming Tigra with the tail and fur (people don't often think about the latter, I've noticed. When Greer Grant is Tigra, her entire body is covered in fur).

Though, I could see Gonzaga's unnamed character just be an ordinary person, who is friends with Jennifer Walters.

Comment

I think it’s their solution to how these characters from the Netflix shows can appear on these Disney+ shows is the multiverse.
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 09-13-2021, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Renée Elise Goldsberry (Hamilton) is joining the series.

https://deadline.com/2021/04/she-hul...es-1234730667/

Comment

Comment

Very interesting trailer:

Comment

Okay, I like the introduction of superhuman law. Hopefully, they'll dive into this often overlooked aspect. I mean, if Superman passes by your place, x-rays it, and discovers that you have massive amounts of cocaine in your home... would that constitute an unlawful search, as he didn't have a warrant or probable cause? What if Professor X reads your mind, and discovers that you killed five people (and buried the bodies)? Would that qualify as evidence against you? Would the defense insist that Xavier used his telepathy, to make you think that you killed those people?

Jennifer going on dates will likely be a weird plotline, but I like that they have an MCU superhero, who dates. Sure, we've had Tony and Pepper; Star-Lord and Gamora; Peter Parker and MJ. But, for those most part...

Steve Rogers had a thing for Peggy Carter, but never went on a real date. Has no more romances, until the last minute of his tenure in the MCU, when he's shown to have gone back in time (and married an AU Peggy Carter).

Thor had Jane in the first movie, and Dark World (though, would you count that as dating?), but nothing outside of that.

Scott and Hope had one kiss, at the end of their first movie. In Endgame, Scott's not even sure what to define him and Hope as.

In his first movie, Stephen Strange is acknowledged as having had a past relationship with Rachel Palmer. Since then, nothing (unless there's something in the new movie, that I haven't watched).

The Incredible Hulk establishes Bruce's past relationship with Betty, but they're not actually dating in the film (with her having another boyfriend). Since then, apart from weirdly flirtning with Natasha in Age of Ultron (a film most want to forget), nothing.

Captain Marvel has got one blink and you miss it, flashback to Carol's first kiss (when she was a kid). Nothing more.

Don't remember if T'Challa and what's-her-name dated in Black Panther. Think they referenced a past relationship, but weren't actively dating in the film.

I almost forgot about Hawkeye and his wife. Probably because of low profile. Especially for the latter. Speaking of Hawkeye, Kate Bishop and Yelena Belova's got no references to dating anyone.

Eternals does show several characters in relationships.

Shang-Chi is not shown having a relationship... which might also be problematic, as Asian men are often stereotyped as desexualized in films/television.

Apart from the above mentioned semi-flirt with Bruce Banner, Natasha's got no apparent romantic life.

In his television show, Loki is acknowledged as having dated both Princes and Princesses, but the closest we get to a romance is him kissing Sylvie... an AU version of himself (does that even count?).

Bucky tries to go on one date in Falcon and the Winter Soldier, but nothing comes from it. Don't think that Sam gets a love interest.

Rhodey's got no apparent love life.

Steven Grant almost goes on a date with a woman (who was likely asked out by Jake Lockley, who didn't appear onscreen until the end of the series, and not Steven himself). Marc Spector's established to be married, but is about to get divorced (and we never see the proper relationship). We don't know if Marc and Layla are still together by the end (in fact, the show gives a mild possibility that everything's just in the mind of Marc, a mental hospital patient. And that Layla's actually just a nurse, that Marc hallucinates as being his wife).

Ms Marvel will probably not have Kamala Kahn date anyone.

There's Wanda and Vision. However, before Infinity War, their relationship was only hinted at (her staring at him in AoU makes it feel like instalove/instalust, more than something that happened organically). Also, most I've seen commenting on it seem more interested in the "mechanics" of their sex life, than anything else. The most time spent on the relationship was WandaVision, where Wanda's in a faux marriage, with a magical construct recreation of Vision (rather than the real deal). He's a husband, that she magically created. Basically, a sex toy, that she made for herself. Some might even categorize her relationship with the original Vision in a similar fashion. To tie this back, into the starting conversation of superhuman law, as he's born in 2015 (outright saying: "I was born yesterday"), Vision would've technically only been about three years old, when he died. That raises some questions, in regard to his relationship with Wanda (a woman born in 1989, making Wanda 26 years his senior). Guess it would all come down to what Vision would legally be viewed as: a person or a machine/property (which, in turn, raises some questions whether the state would legally recognize a marriage between a human and an android/robot).
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 05-17-2022, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                            Jennifer going on dates will likely be a weird plotline, but I like that they have an MCU superhero, who dates.
                            I’m going to take a wild guess and predict that that whole dating plot will last just as long as the trailer was…a 1-2 min scene and nothing more of it. It’s a subplot that will only really be used for laughs and than they’ll move on to whatever the main plot focuses on.

Comment

The wokeness is strong with that one.

Hard pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍