0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

With this new timeline possibly comes...Don and Dawn Allen aka The Tornado Twins!!

Comment

I loved Nora Allen. I still hoped she born in the future.

Comment

To the surprise of no one, they couldn't hold the "Flash Vanishes in Crisis" storyline off until 2024.

A 10 year endgame is too ambitious for these shows. They run out of other ideas way before that and usually they don't last 10 years anyway.

Comment

I barely watched the Flash if at all in the first half -- a combination of it not airing on any local carrier at the time ... and just Berlantiverse fatigue. But, I've managed to watch a lot of the second half, and it was alright. (I did like Weather Witch too ) The Cicada stuff got muddled by the end with Cicada II, but Chris Klein largely sold it while he was o.g. Cicada. The West-Allen parental drama with Nora was as expected, but I am intrigued that RF from the future may be pulling the strings all along.

I still find it amusing that Barry, Joe, and Cecile all have law enforcement ties --- and no one bats an eye that there is STILL a secret prison under STARLabs. Barry crowed about the Illegal cells having toilets ... but they're still illegal, bro. They do hand off some metas to ARGUS, but it's not exactly standard policy either. Never mind time-meddling -- in terms of ignoring due process when it suits them, Team Flash is practically villainous lol.

Comment

I enjoyed the finale, and was very surprised by Nora's fate along with Cisco's. Tom Cavanagh brought his "A-game" to the Reverse Flash all over again, though I'm still confused as to why the character resembles Wells when the Season 1 version was erased by Eddie's suicide. They even had him say that being imprisoned in the future was the second time he'd been jailed for 15 years, implying he remembers all of Season 1. The writers keep making up their own time-travel rules, and changing them on a whim...which is frustrating even though the episode was very good. Waiting all summer for the next year will suck, as usual...but hopefully Season 6 will be of the same quality or better than this one.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
              To the surprise of no one, they couldn't hold the "Flash Vanishes in Crisis" storyline off until 2024.

A 10 year endgame is too ambitious for these shows. They run out of other ideas way before that and usually they don't last 10 years anyway.
              My question is where are they gonna go after the crisis story is over?

Comment

Originally posted by protege
                My question is where are they gonna go after the crisis story is over?
                I'm sure they'll think of something. The Crisis episodes are probably already written, even if its just a first draft. Now its just a matter of working out the details on each show leading up to the crossover.

Comment

I love the Reverse Flash as a villain, but really what purpose did Eddie killing himself in season one really do other than make it an easier route for Iris to go be with Barry. Also remember in the season premiere Barry said they needed to be careful with Nora or she could Marty McFly herself out of existence.
                  Last edited by smllvllfn; 05-16-2019, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by smllvllfn
                    I love the Reverse Flash as a villain, but really what purpose did Eddie killing himself in season one really do other than make it an easier route for Iris to go be with Barry. Also remember in the season premiere Barry said they needed to be careful with Nora or she could Marty McFly herself out of existence.
                    We should've realized that was probably an easter egg.

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
                      I enjoyed the finale, and was very surprised by Nora's fate along with Cisco's. Tom Cavanagh brought his "A-game" to the Reverse Flash all over again, though I'm still confused as to why the character resembles Wells when the Season 1 version was erased by Eddie's suicide. They even had him say that being imprisoned in the future was the second time he'd been jailed for 15 years, implying he remembers all of Season 1. The writers keep making up their own time-travel rules, and changing them on a whim...which is frustrating even though the episode was very good. Waiting all summer for the next year will suck, as usual...but hopefully Season 6 will be of the same quality or better than this one.
                      Explained on Legends of Tomorrow and in Crisis on Earth-X. It's still the same Eobard this whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                        I barely watched the Flash if at all in the first half -- a combination of it not airing on any local carrier at the time ... and just Berlantiverse fatigue. But, I've managed to watch a lot of the second half, and it was alright. (I did like Weather Witch too ) The Cicada stuff got muddled by the end with Cicada II, but Chris Klein largely sold it while he was o.g. Cicada. The West-Allen parental drama with Nora was as expected, but I am intrigued that RF from the future may be pulling the strings all along.

I still find it amusing that Barry, Joe, and Cecile all have law enforcement ties --- and no one bats an eye that there is STILL a secret prison under STARLabs. Barry crowed about the Illegal cells having toilets ... but they're still illegal, bro. They do hand off some metas to ARGUS, but it's not exactly standard policy either. Never mind time-meddling -- in terms of ignoring due process when it suits them, Team Flash is practically villainous lol.
                        The Star Labs prison is inactive. They shifted all the metas to a new meta wing in Iron Heights ages ago. Team Flash only puts anyone in there temporarily now.

Comment

To me, this season finale was better than last year's, by quite a bit actually.

I'm honestly glad the whole Cicada stuff is over now because I'm starting to come of the opinion that taking 22 or 23 episodes to beat one villain every year is starting to get played out, and as I said a few episodes ago I'd like it if Cicada was finished earlier and then Icicle would be the villain for the remaining episodes.

As of the end of last episode Thawne is and will always be my favorite villain for the entire series, the sheer amount of patience and masterminding that he does is nothing sort of genius and despite the fact that he constantly has to whisper I love him for it. Speaking of last episode, what this means is that Barry was absolutely right to be freaking out over Nora being in association with Thawne, and he was playing them and everyone else the entire time, because that's who he is. I did like his explanation for how he figured out how to set things in mention when Barry and Nora went back to the time vault in the 100th episode and she let Cicada's name slip and he just figured out what to do and how to escape from prison from there, because the last time we saw Thawne before this season was Crisis on Earth-X. And I like how he explained that the Negative Speed Force prevents him from truly getting killed or erased from time.

Nora getting erased from time was a hard thing to watch. Going into the episode I was expecting her to have to part ways and go back to 2049 where she came from. I was not expecting her to flat out vanish in her parents arms and even though Thawne said there was a way to prevent that she just couldn't do it. That was rough. What made it worse was the farewell message Barry and Iris saw in the time vault and I'll admit that did upset me because it was tugging on my heart strings. I personally give out bonus points for any moment or episode that can elicit those kinds of emotions from me.

Add in the stinger with the future newspaper changing to 2019 (when Crisis on Infinite Earths is supposed to air) because of Nora's meddling, plus this fall being Arrow's last season and the Monitor showing up in Legends of Tomorrow and you all have a pretty good idea of what's happening next year.

Special shout-out to Singh figuring out Barry was the Flash and Kamilla being okay with Cisco's reveal that he's Vibe and that she's read enough comics to know where this goes. I always like a little bit of self-awareness.

Comment

One of the best Flash finales so far.

Others up above already covered most of the points over why it was great... So I'll just say that I'm sad to see Nora go but I hope that we'll see her again.
                            And that as much as I liked Nora, I found it realstic that she faced that kind of consquence for her own actions. and that it says a lot about her own character that she just accepted it instead of trying to escape the consquences of her own actions.

Comment

I was rather bored towards the end of the season and watched the last four episodes in one go, never truly being interested in what was going on. So, the end, too, just fizzled out for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎