Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the reasons Jim/Lee pairing does not work?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the reasons Jim/Lee pairing does not work?

Alright putting aside it's being done because the actors are married in real life, what are the other reasons in story universe wise Jim/Lee romance just does not connect or even work, unhealthy etc.?

Look forward to hearing your guys answers

I think it's just a typical drama show back and forth romance that tires the viewer. At first it was tolerable (although personally I didn't like how they broke up Jim and Barbara), but instead of having them be a happy couple for the duration of the series, they kept breaking them up or throwing hurdles their way. Lee's miscarriage, Lee leaving Gotham only to return with a fiance, Jim killing said fiance, Jim temporarily hooking up with women like Valerie and Sofia, Lee hating Jim and becoming a grey character, Lee robbing banks with her new lover Ed, etc. This year the show just ignored all this baggage and had them hook up again as if they never stopped loving each other or as if Lee never hated Jim. And while I am glad for the fact that this season has been melodrama-free, it's just hard to buy into this romantic couple anymore.

Just like watching Clark and Lana finally become a couple after 7 seasons of secrets, lies, break ups, fights, Lexana and other tiresome stuff. The magic is gone.
    Last edited by costas22; 04-23-2019, 03:11 PM.

Comment

What Costa said.

Although I'll try to go for a more in-universe answer that somebody living in the same universe as this couple would give you.

Let's see:

1) While Jim Gordon doesn't mean for any of it to happen, he's not exactly the safest man to be around. he's pretty much a magnet for all the dangerous weirdos as a consequence of his own actions. Many people died because of him.

2) Lee Thompkin isn't wholly innocent herself, as seeing some of her own choices led to complete disaster too, and also resulted in the death of many people. Costas22 pretty much covered some of the mistakes that Lee made up above, so I won't go into that too much.

So from that viewpoint, one could say that this couple doesn't have the most stable life.... and is pretty much disqualified to raise children on their own thanks to the endless drama and danger that they seem to generate from making so many bad decisions. It wouldn't be so bad if they choose to be a child-free couple, but the two of them actually want to settle down and raise kids one day. yeah.... good luck with that.

The two of them want a certain lifestyle that they'll never have... because their own actions prevented them from having that.
      So as a result, I don't think they will ever be happy.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎