Collapse
No announcement yet.

WandaVision (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just a theory but, [SPOILER] could Dottie be the real Agatha Harkness and using Agnes as the fall guy. I just read in the an article where Kathryn Hahn is aware of the speculation about her character and though she can neither confirm nor deny Agnes’ real identity, she hints that the truth about her character might not be what fans are expecting.[/SPOILER] She obviously can’t come out to say it but, I feel like it’s going be revealed that she is who we’ve suspected but, she’s not the only [SPOILER]witch[/SPOILER] manipulating things. There’s a mastermind that hasn’t been revealed yet.

Comment

Comment

It was a good point about Monica and Wanda...[SPOILER] We are looking at two women dealing with loss in two different ways...Wanda probably did sense Monica’s grief[/SPOILER]

I really hope they’re right...[SPOILER]It’s subtly leading the bigger picture of The Fantastic Four and the X-Men coming into the MCU fold along with the next crop of MCU shows like Ms. Marvel[/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

Seen a lot of online speculations that Director Hayward will turn out to be a villain. I hope not. The MCU already did that in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not to mention, all the other movies and TV shows that have already used that kind of reveal. One also questions the point of it. Is it a way to get him out of the way, so that Monica can take charge, and become the new Director of S.W.O.R.D.? (An issue with that being, them having established her mom as the original director of the organization. So would Monica getting the job feel earned, or an example of nepotism? After all, at S.W.O.R.D., it sounded like Monica (whom we've only seen previously once, as a child. We haven't seen the merits of the grown Monica. All we've really seen is Monica coming across a mysterious energy field... and instantly deciding to touch it, with her bare hand) would've been made the director, had she not blipped). If they want Hayward out of the way, to make way for Monica, just kill him off (don't throw in a cliché "the boss is evil" twist).
            Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              Seen a lot of online speculations that [SPOILER]Director Hayward[/SPOILER] will turn out to be a villain. I hope not. The MCU already did that in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Not to mention, all the other movies and TV shows that have already used that kind of reveal. One also questions the point of it. Is it a way to get him out of the way, [SPOILER]so that Monica can take charge, and become the new Director of S.W.O.R.D.? (An issue with that being, them having established her mom as the original director of the organization. So would Monica getting the job feel earned, or an example of nepotism? After all, at S.W.O.R.D., it sounded like Monica (whom we've only seen previously once, as a child. We haven't seen the merits of the grown Monica. All we've really seen is Monica coming across a mysterious energy field... and instantly deciding to touch it, with her bare hand) would've been made the director, had she not blipped). If they want Hayward out of the way, to make way for Monica, just kill him off (don't throw in a cliché "the boss is evil" twist).[/SPOILER]
              Well she has earned it and it’s also nepotism. She’s known about extraterrestrial life (same as Maria) for much longer than most people. She’s also been there since the inception of S.W.O.R.D and probably knew all the workings of the organization prior to the blip. So, it would have been her job to take.

Comment

Of course, given the post-credits sequence of Far From Home, Fury could be brought in and become the new director of S.W.O.R.D.

Not that it would undo the tired trope, if they do have Hayward be revealed to be a villain. Granted, we don't know that they will. At the moment, it's just internet speculations. No doubt brought on by how often that type of scenario have been done.

Comment

Comment

Director Tyler Hayward. Did a search on "Hayward", over on the Marvel Database wiki, and came up with a character named "Reginald Hayward". Who, apparently, have some connection to Chthon (the Elder God of Earth who is the origin of Wanda's powers, in the comics). I know that there are a lot of speculations that Mephisto will turn out to be at the center of everything, but I could see them going with Chthon. Chthon's comic book link to Wanda's origin (having marked her as a potential future vessel, when she was born) could make him a stronger candidate. Opening to explore Wanda's origin further. Explain why Wanda and her brother were the only two survivors of Hydra's experiments.

Comment

Episode 5

Had heard rumors float around, but I was not expecting this. The big question is, who is Evan Peters' character really? Is he just a random Westview resident, whom Wanda has "cast as Pietro"? Or is this really Peter Maximoff from the Fox X-Men films (meaning that he's been taken from an alternate reality)? Or is there something else going on? Alarms went off, at S.W.O.R.D., when he showed up (the same alarm, that goes off, whenever anyone breaches the perimiter). Monica's scans are blank. Hint towards her having her eventual superpowers? Monica doesn't seem to be the biggest fan of Carol Danvers at the moment. Set up for tensions in Captain Marvel 2? Think I like that development. Monica thought Carol was cool, when she was a little but, but things have possibly changed over the past 20+ years... or an indicator that something is fishy. Like in Far From Home, when "Nick Fury" told Spider-Man not to invoke the name "Captain Marvel". Are we positive that this really is Monica Rambeu?

Wanda can't control her kids, just like how she couldn't control the stork, a few episodes back. Suggesting that they're independent entities, rather than some kind of illusion, that she's controlling.

Comment

Monica is fake. Monica points out that Wanda could've taken out Thanos, if Thanos hadn't initiated a blitz (and that nobody else came close). How Could Monica Rambeu (who was standing in a hospital, nowhere near the site of the battle) possibly know that? Either the writers have screwed up, or there really is something fishy going on. Monica possesses information, that she couldn't possibly know. In the fourth episode, we see Monica materialize in the hospital. Next, we see her arrive at S.W.O.R.D., three weeks later. What was she doing those three weeks? Why did it take her so long to check in with S.W.O.R.D.? Can we be possitive that the Monica, at the hospital, is the same as the Monica who showed up S.W.O.R.D., three weeks later? Could explain away the whole experienced S.W.O.R.D. agent randomly touching a mysterious energy field, that I had issues with in the previous episode. I'd expect more from an experienced S.W.O.R.D. agent... but not a Skrull (or something) posing as said agent (she reacts, when someone says "Captain Marvel", like Telos/"Nick Fury" did in Far Fram Home). An unknown person, who could've been present at the battle to witness Wanda nearly destroying Thanos (thus knowing about it). After all, we saw thousands of people emerge from portals, just before the battle. Didn't get a close-up of everyone (though, no indicator (in these two episodes) that Monica was among them. Nor any reason why she would be).

Comment

Episode 5: On a Very Special Episode...

[SPOILER] I liked the subtle references in this episode. Firstly, the Lagos commercial...obviously a nod to how the Sokovia Accords began with Wanda’s devastating mistake. Wanda’s code name comment was good...that’ll probably be given towards the end of the season/series. When Captain Marvel gets mentioned...Did Monica have a falling out with Carol (over Maria perhaps)?

I wasn’t expecting Wanda to come out of the Hex and confront S.W.O.R.D. I guess once things started to fall apart and outside entities started messing with her perfect suburbia, it was only a matter of time before Wanda had to shed the facade to confront the threats. I did notice she gained her accent back.

Wanda is losing more and more control with each episode it seems. In this one nothing she does works with her boys. I’’m curious though if their accelerated aging was of their own doing; they only started accelerating in age when Agnes sprayed them with “lavender” (which who knows what that really was)...though later we saw them accelerate their ages on their own. How far will they accelerate until they stop?

She has also lost control over Vision. He knows what she’s been doing to everyone in town and himself. It’s interesting that he can’t remember anything before Westview. It’s also a bit disturbing that as we find out Wanda went to take Vision’s corpse; who is now part of Wanda’s illusion. It’s still to be seen if she actually reanimated Vision on her own (especially without the mind stone) and just the fact that she’d be a hypocrite after what she told the boys about death.

And once again something happens to distract Wanda from coming to terms with reality during her fight with Vision. The Evan Peters thing was the worst kept secret to come out of this series. I’m just not sure if it’s the First Class version of Pietro and/or if he’s being controlled because he didn’t act anything like the Quicksilver of that universe.

It’s also always been suspect that Agnes seems to show up at just the right moments with whatever Wanda/family have needed. Now with this episode Wanda used magic in front of Agnes to which she didn’t bat an eye. And Agnes’ real world identity has yet to be revealed.

One thing is for sure this episode marked our entrance into the multiverse.
                          [/SPOILER]

Question still remains though...who’s really pulling the strings. It’s safe to assume that Wanda is not entirely to blame.

Comment

Comment

Darcy specifies Vision as "the world's only vibranium synthezoid"... Are there non-vibranium synthezoids out there? Why the need to specify the vibranium part? Though, we technically have seen another one, in Captain America: The First Avenger. We get a brief glimpse of the original Human Torch (the android, not the later Johnny Storm character), on display at the World Exposition (the Synthetic man). Could they be hinting at him? In the comics, Vision was created using the body of the original Human Torch (it's an oversimplification. It was actually a duplicate, created by someone). So there is a connection between the original Human Torch and Vision. Could see them going the other way around, where the mind of Vision gets uploaded into the mind of the synthetic man. Turning Vision into the (android) Human Torch, as the next stage of the character's evolution (J.A.R.V.I.S. into Vision and Vision into the Human Torch). Would mean that Paul Bettany could continue in the MCU, without the extensive Vision make-up sessions.

Though, would there be enough time to bring in and establish the synthetic man, before the end of the series/season? After all, it's not simply a matter of just throwing the Human Torch in there. You need to explain where he came from. Why he looks exactly like the Vision (if Bettany is to play both roles). If it's the same synthetic man, seen in First Avenger (rather than it just being a mock-up, for a theoretical being), you need to explain how someone was able to create a synthetic man 80+ years ago (and where the synthetic man's been all this time).

Comment

Great points made by Mike about Vision (especially after 5yrs) and by Rocha about Wanda. I’ve been thinking the same things about everything that was discussed. Some of these things are bound to be right and it’ll be interesting to rewatch the series to find the clues that pointed to the actual outcome or just things that were missed by most of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎