Collapse
No announcement yet.

WandaVision (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

More tidbits that now having watched both episodes a few times is making more sense...Wanda orchestrating things around her, Agnes popping up when things get real, Dottie, Geraldine/Monica showing up, children (or lack there of), the subtle comments and expressions of characters.
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-17-2021, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Vision (episode 2): "I bring you, the Magnet of Crysteries."

Magnet of Crysteries.

Comment

Episode 3.

Wasn't expecting Billy and Tommy to be born, until the fourth episode. Liked seeing Wanda singing in Sokovian. Makes sense for a immigrant from there, to be singing in their native tongue, to their children. With Monica being thrown out of Westview, I suspect that parts of next episode will deal with the outside (and how she ended up in Westview).
        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Episode 3: Now in Color

[SPOILER]So we’ve moved on to the Brady Bunch era of sitcoms. I loved the homage to the opening credits of the show.

The slapstick comedy in this episode concerning Wanda’s accelerated pregnancy was spot on. It was clear that she would give birth by the end of the episode and twins no less...

I’m happy we got the Pietro line. It obviously brought back the reality of the situation and connected the series to the MCU in a very not so subtle way. The

So technically Monica has been around even before the formation of the Avengers. The Marvel heads (like Feige) didn’t have all these things planned out this far advanced but, now I’m curious if Monica was being trained as a S.H.I.E.L.D./S.W.O.R.D agent (her pendant gives that away) as far back as Age of Ultron to have had intimate knowledge of what exactly happened in Sokovia with Wanda/Pietro. So in around about way they’re filling in gaps.

Anyway,

It seems to be clear that Wanda has trapped herself and others in her
          self imposed idyllic sitcom illusion. Monica was sent to rescue her and in the attempt was trapped with everyone else but, obviously she wasn’t supposed to part of this illusion. In Wanda’s world everyone is coupled up and living in her perfect idyllic town. Wanda literally throw her out of town
          [/SPOILER]

Next week we’ll definitely break more away from the sitcom illusion and hopefully get more details about what’s going in the outside world.

Comment

I forgot to mention [SPOILER] the slight skip, when Vision was telling Wanda about Herb or the dinner the other night...it’s all in attempt to control the narrative of the sitcom. Anytime Wanda senses reality start to bleed through she rewinds things to keep the illusion going [/SPOILER]. I’m suspecting that Wanda is actually the villain of the series (whether it’s intentional or not). [SPOILER] I mean just the fear in Agnes and Herb’s trying to reason Geraldine’s presence in Westview...they know what’s happening and they’re trying to play along as best they can buy, again Geraldine/Monica wasn’t supposed to be there.[/SPOILER]
            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-22-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

They present it in such a way, that it is obvious that Wanda is the one in control. Perhaps too obvious. Could be true, could be partially true (she's behind a lot of it, but someone is manipulating Wanda) or a misdirect (with even Wanda left to believe that she's the one in control, thus her being able to manipulate things). The big question is what Herb was about to say, when Agnes stopped him. Herb... Herbert... we don't know his last name. It's not Wyndham (High Evolutionary) by any chance? I sort of doubt it. Looking at the actor's IMDB page, he's got nine credits to his name. Might be too minor to play someone like High Evolutionary.

This episode was written by the writer of the upcoming Captain Marvel sequel.
              Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Comment

In the first episode, Agnes gives her wedding anniversary as June 2nd. June 2, 1692 was the date that Bridget Bishop became the first to be formally indicted, tried and convicted of witchcraft in Salem (becoming the first to be executed during the Salem Witch Trials, a week later).

Comment

Comment

Rewatched parts of Thor (2011) for the Darcy Lewis character (hadn't rewatched the film for a good part of almost a decade). Hopefully, they'll have a greatly improved Darcy on this show. In the film... boy, is she annoying. She's apparently there to be comic relief (a function basically pointless these days, as nearly everyone in the MCU keeps trying to be funny, on a regular basis). With the joke seemingly being that she isn't funny.

Hopefully, she'll do better under different writers (for some reason, I'm finding myself blaming Don Payne for Darcy. Probably because he was a comedy writer and his two non-Thor movie credits were My Super Ex-Girlfriend and Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer. Haven't seen either in ages, but, as I recall it, both had badly written female characters. Though, the terribleness of those two movies extended beyond their female characters).

We haven't seen Darcy since 2013. Even if she was among those dusted (maybe she was, maybe she wasn't), she still would've had a lot of years (offscreen) to develop as a person. So, they're not locked into the characterization that she had in the first two Thor movies.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 03-01-2021, 01:16 PM.

Comment

So the clip from tomorrow’s episode shows exactly what was to be expected after the first three episodes, which after watching those they should have released them all at once and than do a weekly rollout.

Comment

Episode 4: We Interrupt This Program

Grrr!!! This episode just filled in the gaps of the first three. Now we got to wait another week to find out what’s next. This was the first episode that felt like it was an MCU film especially how it started

[SPOILER]That’s a shame about Maria. I would loved to have seen her in this series, even for small cameo.

Why hadn’t anyone gone through the barrier before Monica? Or are all the citizens trapped people who stumbled into Westview by accident? I wonder if people are looking for them since this happened after the blip and with all the chaos of people returning they just assume that they’ve moved on. We never did get to see how everyone materialized after the blip; it was good that those little details weren’t missed...especially the confusion people everyone must have had.

So some of the filled gaps...The toy helicopter was actually a drone. The beekeeper was actually a S.W.O.R.D. agent; what happened to him? Wanda didn’t throw him out like she did Monica; it may be important?!?!

Everyone in the town is a missing person who’s playing a role in Wanda’s narrative; we still don’t know (but pretty sure) Agnes is Agatha Harkness.

We even filled in some gaps at what happened between and/or during the sitcoms.

Darcy has evolved; She’s much more toned down. Kat Dennings has always been loud and obnoxious
                          so, it’s nice to tone her down on occasion.
                          [/SPOILER]

I guess we’ll be back next week with the ‘80s era sitcom and maybe what’s presently happening in the real world.
                          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-30-2021, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Interesting to see the blip, from the point of view of someone who experienced it. I like that they made Monica a captain, no doubt a nod to her originally being "Captain Marvel". Sad to hear that Maria's dead (though, I expect her to appear in a flashback or something, in Captain Marvel 2). We now know that the "supporting cast" don't use their actual names. Minor note: the document on "Agnes" lacked a real name and a driver's license. There was also no file on "Dottie Jones" (if she and "Phil" really were a married couple, like "Mr. and Mrs. Hart", you'd think both would be identified, after they identified "Phil Jones"). Curious who the missing witness, that Jimmy Woo was trying to find is. Doesn't appear to be "Mr. Hart", "Phil Jones", "Herb" or "Phil Jones", as Woo never identifies anyone of them as the man in witness protection. Furthermore, why were Woo and Monica aware of Westview (Westview and Eastview. Wizard of Oz references?), when others weren't? What sets them apart? They've both had close interactions with a superhero, but why would that make any difference? The episode establishes that Monica blipped, but nothing on Woo (so we can't say if that's a common link). Liked seeing that Darcy's evolved.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                              [SPOILER]Interesting to see the blip, from the point of view of someone who experienced it. I like that they made Monica a captain, no doubt a nod to her originally being "Captain Marvel". Sad to hear that Maria's dead (though, I expect her to appear in a flashback or something, in Captain Marvel 2). We now know that the "supporting cast" don't use their actual names. Minor note: the document on "Agnes" lacked a real name and a driver's license. There was also no file on "Dottie Jones" (if she and "Phil" really were a married couple, like "Mr. and Mrs. Hart", you'd think both would be identified, after they identified "Phil Jones"). Curious who the missing witness, that Jimmy Woo was trying to find is. Doesn't appear to be "Mr. Hart", "Phil Jones", "Herb" or "Phil Jones", as Woo never identifies anyone of them as the man in witness protection. Furthermore, why were Woo and Monica aware of Westview (Westview and Eastview. Wizard of Oz references?), when others weren't? What sets them apart? They've both had close interactions with a superhero, but why would that make any difference? The episode establishes that Monica blipped, but nothing on Woo (so we can't say if that's a common link). Liked seeing that Darcy's evolved.[/SPOILER]

Yeah, what was up with that...[SPOILER] Are we looking at the beginnings of the multiverse with both Monica and Woo remembering a different town? And who is the missing person they’re actually after?[/SPOILER]

Comment

Minor pet peeve:

Upon discovering the energy field, Monica instantly touches it... with her bare hand. You'd think that someone working for an organization like SWORD would know better than to touch a mysterious energy field.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎