No announcement yet.

WandaVision (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I assume that the final episode will be feature length or something. Not sure how they'd be able to wrap everything up in like 30 minutes. Kept waiting for them to touch upon Chthon, after they depicted Wanda having had her powers pre-Hydra. Would've liked to have seen some men, in Agatha's old coven. Contrary to popular belief, men were also accused and convicted of practicing witchcraft (and executed).

Odd prediction, but I suspect that the revived "white Vision" will merge with the fake one from Westview.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Episode 8: Previously On

Well not the penultimate episode I was expecting. I knew we were getting exposition into what happened prior to the Hex but, was hoping for a bit more to do with Agatha Harkness.

[SPOILER]So Wanda is the “Scarlet Witch” because she uses chaos magic?!? So unbeknownst to Wanda, she was an already powerful witch prior to Hydra’s experimentations.

So, the first time she sort of met Vision was with the tesseract/mind stone. It’s safe to say that Wanda had no clue what she was doing or still doing; one she wasn’t aware she was a witch/using magic and two wasn’t aware she was performing chaos magic. She didn’t even know about using incantations.

A few episodes back when Vision took Norm out of the trans and he stated to the effect “she’s doing this” it was actually Wanda.

Westview wasn’t just a random town that Wanda stumbled upon. It was where it looks like Vision and Wanda bought a plot of land to build a home/life.

I never understand why the coven didn’t just stop what they were doing to Agatha. When things like this happen in movies/shows I always roll my eyes...obviously it wasn’t working and you were making her stronger.

That mid-credit scene...Hayward is definitely a bad guy. Still wondering what exactly his is deal. I wouldn’t be surprised if at the end of the next episode he’s revealed to be Mephisto as so many theories have suggested his involvement; he actually killed the real Hayward and has been masterminding this whole thing out of boredom or whatever may be his motivation.

I’m looking forward to a Vision vs Vision showdown.
        [/SPOILER]

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
          [SPOILER] Odd prediction, but I suspect that the revived "white Vision" will merge with the fake one from Westview.[/SPOILER]
          Same...[SPOILER]It’s not going to be the same Vision we knew obviously since he’s a creation of Wanda’s chaos magic[/SPOILER]

Comment

I think that they missed an opportunity to acknowledge Wanda's Romani heritage, when Agatha comments on her joining Hydra.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            [SPOILER]So, the first time she sort of met Vision was with the tesseract/mind stone..[/SPOILER]
            If you're refering to the figure in the light of the mind stone, that wasn't Vision. The figure has long hair and what looks like Scarlet Witch's headpiece from the comics. More likely, Wanda saw her future self in that light. Sporting what I suspect is a new costume. Elizabeth Olsen will likely be pleased, as she apparently doesn't like the current one. Read somewhere that she finds it uncomfortable (due to its corset or something) and dislikes the cleavage.
            Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
              [SPOILER]I think that they missed an opportunity to ackowledge Wanda's Romani/Jewish heritage, when Agatha comments on her joining Hydra.[/SPOILER]

[SPOILER]If you're refering to the figure in the light of the mind stone, that wasn't Vision. The figure has long hair and what looks like Scarlet Witch's headpiece from the comics. More likely, Wanda saw her future self in that light. Sporting what I suspect is a new costume. Elizabeth Olsen will likely be pleased, as she apparently doesn't like the current one. Read somewhere that she finds it uncomfortable (due to its corset or something) and dislikes the cleavage.[/SPOILER]
              I meant as in the actual mind stone as in she’s been linked to it and in extension what would be part of Vision. I got that the figure may have been a glimpse of her future. It was also brought up on a review show I watched that [SPOILER] it could be her in reference to her mother who was a Scarlet Witch too[/SPOILER]. Whatever the case she’s been linked to to it for quite awhile.

Comment

In the SWORD flashback, Wanda identifies herself as Vision's next of kin. I take it that she and the real Vision got married prior to Infinity War.
                Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Comment

The only thing that the Geek Buddies forgot about [SPOILER]why Westview looks like a dilapidated town is that this is only 2 weeks after the blip. Vision may have gotten the deed to that plot of land in Westview when the town was thriving and the neighborhood was going through a renovation prior to the blip. As we saw in Endgame when Scott comes back, he goes through his neighborhood and it’s just as crumbling as the town. Even with everyone back from the blip it would take time to rebuild any type of infrastructure and more so in a smaller town than a large metropolitan city.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Rewatching episode eight.

Wanda really needs a happy ending after the flashbacks in this episode. All the suffering that she has had to endure in her life. All the family members that she has had to lose. Hopefully, Billy and Tommy don't die or cease to exist. Westview Vision (from here on called "Wision") couldn't exist outside Westview. However, Wanda created Wision out of thin air, while she carried and gave birth to the boys (they grew and developed in her womb). Different rules could apply to them. Their existence could be explained away as Wanda's chaos magic allowing parthenogenesis or something. Maybe Wision's energy-based state didn't give him the same limits as the robotic Vision, when it comes to reproduction. Allowing him to impregnate someone. Regardless, if Billy and Tommy are allowed to live, then Wanda is at least given some family.

If Wision and the white Vision ends up merging, I hope that he retains his white appearance. Also, either only possesses the memories of Wision (i.e. nothing before Westview) or that plus a few fragments of his pre-Infinity War life. Vision is technically brought back, but there are lasting consequences.

Additionally, if it's true that Wanda and Vision got married pre-Infinity War (see my previous post), then I hope that we'll get to see a flashback to their (presumably secret) wedding, in the next episode.
                      Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Episode 9: Series Finale

I’m not sure how many will like the finale but, it ended the way it was supposed to (especially for the townspeople of Westview). It was a very straightforward limited series after everything was said and done. There weren’t too many surprises. It’s definitely a story that will continue in Doctor Strange 2 and hopefully beyond. There are still more questions that were raised.

[SPOILER] The first question I have is...what happened to White Vision? After Hex Vision (who I’ll now refer to as) unlocked his memories and proceeded to just fly away. I though he would join the fight with the rest of the family. Is he going on his own journey to figure out what he is now.

I’m assuming that that final after credit scene of Wanda reading through the darkhold was her attempt to find a way to bring back her children as well as learn some new tricks in the process...she’s only really just begun. I really thought White Vision would be there with her in the cabin. Either that or we’d get a cameo of Dr. Strange helping Wanda understand her abilities (obviously) where they’d be able train without causing harm.

What happened to Agatha Harkness? The Hex was lifted but, according to Wanda l, she’s trapped in Westview as the “nosy neighbor”, where?

I did like that we got Scarlet Witch’s real costume. As I recall Elizabeth hated wearing the corset from the other costume. This one felt more appropriate and real translation from the comics. We also got an explanation of what it meant to be “The Scarlet Witch”.

With the townspeople now released from Wanda’s Hex will they spread mistrust of those individuals with abilities being dangerous...you know where I’m going with this. Even if it’s just laying the ground work for the eventuality of the X-Men arriving after this Phase of movies/shows.
                        [/SPOILER]

It’s a good binge now that all the episodes have been released. There was a definite beginning, middle and ending. I appreciate that because you don’t get that with many shows (especially on a streaming service..I’m looking at you Netflix). It’s a stand alone story that one doesn’t have to be MCU fan to understand.
                        Last edited by darkphoenix21; 03-05-2021, 02:13 PM.

Comment

The townfolks didn't have much love lost for Wanda. I like that they didn't brush it aside, trying to wash Wanda's hands of the whole thing. Instead it's presented as exactly what it was: a fantasy world, created to keep Wanda happy. While dooming everyone else to misery. Because her happy place, isn't the happy place of everyone else. People have sometimes a tendency, I've noticed, to live in their own little bubble. They can't imagine someone not loving the things that they do, or liking the things that they dislike. Some become hostile, or feel that they need to show others the "errors of their ways", when confronted with the truth.

Looks like they're going to route of the comics, with Wiccan and Speed. No doubt, Wanda's attempt to bring Billy and Tommy back, will play a role in Multiverse of Madness. Could see her quest causing the problem, that needs to be fixed in the film.

So that book has been confirmed to be the Darkhold, while having a radically different appearance from AoS and Runaways. Though, probably not enough to finally put the debate about whether the old shows are canon to bed.

[SPOILER] The first question I have is...what happened to White Vision? After Hex Vision (who I’ll now refer to as) unlocked his memories and proceeded to just just fly away. I though he would join the fight with the rest of the family. Is he now on his own journey to find out what he is now.[/SPOILER]
                          Yeah, I was wondering where he went. Of course, as Vision was included in the memorial, at the start of Far From Home (set about seven months after this), they couldn't just have him return to his regular life. I'm guessing that he is sort of like Bucky, at the end of The Winter Soldier. He has started to remember his former life, but haven't been fully restored yet.

[SPOILER]I did like that we got Scarlet Witch’s real costume.[/SPOILER]
                          Yeah, it's an improvement over the old one. More distinct, while the other felt rather generic.

[SPOILER]As I recall Elizabeth hated wearing the corset from the other costume.[/SPOILER]
                          Let's hope that Karolina Zebrowska doesn't find out about that. Why did it even have a corset, anyway? It's a superhero costume, for films set in the 2010s. Not a period costume, for a film set in the 19th century.
                          Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Comment

Suddenly found myself having a really messed up headcanon/theory about Sarah/Dottie and her daughter. There is a possibility that her daughter turned to dust in 2018, but that Sarah didn't. Instead, Sarah had to live without her daughter (and husband? In the episode 8 flashback, he seemed like he might be out of work. Which would make sense if he blipped) for the next five years. Then her daughter returns to life in 2023. However, less than two weeks later, Wanda comes to town, unleashes her hex... and separates Sarah from her daughter again.

Comment

Assembled: The Making of WandaVision

I sorta miss getting physical media when they come with all these behind the scenes features.

What I get from these Marvel/Disney productions is that it’s such a fun environment to work in. I mean I know all these people involved are a bunch of nerds😂 but, I didn’t know to what level until I watched The Mandolarian’s Making Of and now this one.

I can’t believe the level of research that went into the sitcoms to get them period accurate. Everything from the TVs (that Darcy used), the sets , the props and of course the wardrobe of those sitcoms. Everything was designed with the different periods in mind.

They even went for accurate production... I mean they really went all out having a live-studio audience on the set and having them sit in the same era seating, as if they were watching a production in the same era (it was an interesting detail) as they were actually filming those sitcom portions of the series. Even the crew behind the scenes got dressed up. Again, this is the kind of stuff I mess watching.

Anyway...

I sometimes forget that Elizabeth is an Olsen (now and than one sees the family resemblance). She has had experience in sitcoms prior, seeing it first hand on the set of Full House. She didn’t build an empire like her sisters but, she’s done pretty good for herself. I haven’t seen Paul Bettany give this type of performance since A Knight’s Tale. They both had great chemistry together.
                                Last edited by darkphoenix21; 06-30-2021, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎