No announcement yet.

WandaVision (Disney+)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minor rewatch observations:

When Vision snaps "Norm" out of it, "Norm" tells Vision that he has to stop her, and that she's in his head. Then he asks Vision to make her stop. He never says "Wanda". Though, at the start of the episode, Monica claimed to have heard Wanda's voice in her head... or someone mimicing it?

When Wanda mind controls the SWORD agents, their eyes all glow red (a feature not present in the Westview residents).

In the same scene, Monica tells Wanda that she wants to help her. Wanda responds: "How? What could you possibly have to offer me?". Monica then asks her what Wanda wants. At the end of the episode, alarms (established to be used, when something or someone breaches the barrier) goes off at S.W.O.R.D., and "Pietro Maximoff" shows up at Wanda's front door. Coincidence? Or did Monica send "Pietro" to her? If my fake Monica theory is true, could "Pietro" be fake Monica (having shapeshifted)?

Comment

Episode 6: All-New Halloween Spooktacular!

So the plot thickens...

[SPOILER] I’m not sure which sitcom this episode was based on but, from the looks of it I’d have to say Roseanne. I also thinking maybe Married...With Children.

So I guess it’s safe to assume Vision is definitely dead and part of this illusion; that’s why he can’t remember anything before they came to Westview. Which means he is a living corpse walking around. That’s a creepy notion.

Well one thing is for sure Hayward is most definitely one of the baddies. He may just be a regular run-of-the-mill government baddie and/or Hydra is still to be seen. He doesn’t care about Wanda, his only goal is to get Vision (or should I say his body) back for some nefarious plan. That was a cheap shot with Monica... bring up Carol, Maria and the fact that she’s been gone for the past five years.

I really don’t think Agnes is the puppet master behind Wanda’s Hex. She may be Agatha Harkness but, I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest she is a willing participant. She’s definitely aware of what’s happening but, she’s playing the part to survive. She’s just as determined to find a way out of the Hex as anyone else.

Speaking of everyone else. I’m guessing the people frozen in time are extras, people too close to the Hex barrier that weren’t meant to be part of Wanda’s illusion. They have to remain frozen until they are needed for random people walking or talking in backgrounds.

It was nice to see their comic book accurate Halloween costumes (especially Wanda and Vision). They even had the kids in their comic costumes.

I’m surprised that they gave the kids their abilities so quickly. It’s definitely going to be tough trying to keep the illusion going when she apparently doesn’t have control over them and they’re questioning everything.

Pietro on the other hand is another story. He seems shady as all get out in trying to coast her into revealing how she created this reality. Obviously whoever is behind it all still needs Wanda (or her knowledge) for her reality bending abilities. Throughout the episode he also deflected when Wanda brought up memories of their childhood. He’s either a henchman or the real villain masquerading around in the skin of another version of Pietro.
      [/SPOILER]

With three episodes left things should be revving up and questions should be answered.
      Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-13-2021, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Episode 6.

Fun seeing the characters in versions of their comic book costumes, and seeing Tommy and Billy developing their powers. Tommy thinks that he's the cool twin. Please, Billy is the one who grows up to marry an alien prince. What's cooler than that?

I like the scene between Wanda and Pietro, where he notes that Wanda kept families and couples together (and personalities not being far off from the real person). It was shot before the release of Wonder Woman 1984, and the controversy related to it, but briefly felt like a reaction to it. Of course, in actuality, it's a case of the WandaVision writers sitting down and thinking about the ethical implication of what is going on here (before writing the scripts). They even thought well enough ahead to include a scene establishing it. Wanda didn't split anyone up. Didn't force possible strangers into fake marriages. They're not forced to kiss or have sex with someone, that they'd otherwise wouldn't. It's with their actual partners.

Monica appears surprised to see Pietro. So she's probably got nothing to do with his presence. Looks like they're also telling the origin of Monica's powers. Though, it raises a question, if Darcy, and everyone else, who crosses the barrier will also "mutate" (in lack of a better term. And, no, I don't think that this will be the origin of mutants)?

Bit unsure about this week's commercial. Don't seem to correspond with any event in Wanda's life. Rewatched the commercial a few times. The subjects appears to be hunger and a snack called "yo-magic" (your magic?). Maybe this is forshadowing a later reveal? A "hungry" entity who is drawing energy(?) from Wanda's magic?
        Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            [SPOILER] I’m not sure which sitcom this episode was based on but, from the looks of it I’d have to say Roseanne. I also thinking maybe Married...With Children.[/SPOILER]
            Hearing people say that it referenced Malcolm in the Middle, which started in 2000. Looks like they've skipped the 90s. Roseanne, Married...With Children, Full House and Growing Pains may have partially aired in the 1990s, but they started airing in the 1980s. Could have something to do with the fact, that when one (off the top of ones head) thinks about 1990s American sitcoms (i.e. sitcoms that started in that decade), one thinks more of shows like FRIENDS, Seinfeld (technically the first episode aired in 1989, but the rest of the first season aired in 1990) and Will & Grace (I'm excluding The Simpsons, because it's animated. Also, they originated as a feature on the Tracy Ullman Show. So they were established entities in the 1980s): Shows centered around single 20/30-somethings, who live in apartments in New York City (that they somehow can afford). Not married couples, with children, living in a house in the suburbs or something. Sure, there were some, like Everybody Loves Raymond and Home Improvement, but I'm thinking more of shows, that your mind instantly jumps to, when you picture the typical 1990s American sitcom.

Next week is probably going to be Modern Family. Curious to see, if they'll have Wanda have a job (reflecting more modern shows, where both spouses often have jobs, instead of the wife being a housewife. Of course, Modern Family had Gloria and Claire be housewives for a long time, despite it supposedly being intented to reflect a "modern family").

Comment

Ok, so after listening and reading reviews about this episode...[SPOILER]Are we possibly looking at the beginnings of mutants and of course the X-Men coming into the MCU; there were many X-Men references in the episode and if anything they’re laying the groundwork for their arrival into the MCU even if it’s still 2-3 years down the line.
              I mean it makes sense especially with the characters we’re dealing with in this series.

When Darcy stated that Monica’s DNA had been altered going through the Hex twice, we know that it’s the origin story of her becoming Photon (I just did a wiki search) but that ending...

Wanda expands the Hex causing Darcy, a bunch of SWORD agents and random people to be swept into the Hex thus possibly “activating the x-gene” in them; I wouldn’t put it past them.

There’s also a theory going around about the creation of Sentinels using Vision...enter Hayward
              [/SPOILER]

I also watched a leaked clip from a supposed upcoming episode where it looks like (if real... is definitely a Mandalorian level surprise cameo so, MAJOR SPOILER warning)...[SPOILER]Magneto is coming!!! We see him pulling something/someone toward him and when the camera expands out it’s Vision. The clip is dark so you can’t really tell if it’s Fassbender or another actor (he looks on the younger side for it to be McKellen).[/SPOILER]

Again, I wouldn’t put it past Feige, the team at Disney/Marvel or anyone associated with these shows/movies at this point to break open the next phase(s) of the MCU.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-13-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Once again good points and observations made by the Geek Buddies and Emma😂

Comment

You know, in the comics, Quicksilver was once possessed by Chthon.

Comment

There’s going to be a “WandaVision Making Of” special that will premiere on March 12th...It’ll be fun to see what when on behind the scenes of the series. It’s also a nice bridge between the end of this series and the beginning of “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier” and we still get Marvel content.

Comment

Episode 7.

My ex always said that Kathryn Hahn is an evil genius (not really. Only joking here). THIS PROVES NOTHING! Suspecting that book in her basement lair to be the Darkhold. Doesn't match what we saw on Agents of SHIELD, but towards the end, that show gave up any pretense of actually being set in the MCU. So it doesn't matter (besides, there could be multiple volumes). If it is the Darkhold, then my Chthon theory might be correct. Monica's been given her powers, it would seem. I wonder what's happened to Billy and Tommy. Wanda spots a green insect on the curtin... Tommy transformed into an insect?

The commercial of this week revolves around a product called "Nexus". Remembered once reading that word somewhere, in a Marvel comic, and checked on the Marvel Database wiki. Here's what it says: "The Nexus is a cross-dimensional gateway which provides a pathway to any and all possible realities, this includes realities between realities".

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        Episode 7.

[SPOILER]My ex always said that Kathryn Hahn is an evil genius (not really. Only joking here). THIS PROVES NOTHING! Suspecting that book in her basement lair to be the Darkhold. Doesn't match what we saw on Agents of SHIELD, but towards the end, that show gave up any pretense of actually being set in the MCU. So it doesn't matter (besides, there could be multiple volumes). If it is the Darkhold, then my Chthon theory might be correct. Monica's been given her powers, it would seem. I wonder what's happened to Billy and Tommy. Wanda spots a green insect on the curtin... Tommy transformed into an insect?

The commercial of this week revolves around a product called "Nexus". Remembered once reading that word somewhere, in a Marvel comic, and checked on the Marvel Database wiki. Here's what it says: "The Nexus is a cross-dimensional gateway which provides a pathway to any and all possible realities, this includes realities between realities".
                        [/SPOILER]
                        It’s all leading to Doctor Strange 2...the multiverse is about to be wide open.

The reveal was a, “no duh!!!”...so it’s just a matter of why?!?! And is she working alone or with/for someone else. There’s got to be more to it.

Comment

Episode 7: Breaking the Fourth Wall

Finally things are coming together...

[SPOILER] So this week’s sitcom looked to be inspired by The Office from the background music of the opening credits or was it Modern Family from the looks of this week’s house?!?Both series featured characters talking to the audience in fourth wall breaking ways.

I’m assuming that the cliches throughout the episode was Wanda losing control and reality breaking through.

I think everyone figured out that Agnes was Agatha Harkness very early on in the series. She was always around when things started to get real. She was very convincing even last episode. So when Norm was like “she’s doing this” or something to that effect, he was referring to Agnes/Agatha. So the question is...why did she do this to Wanda? Or better yet what deal did she make with Wanda? And where are the boys? Or for that matter what ever happened to Pietro? Did Agatha get him from another Earth/reality? Just when we’re getting answers, a whole bunch of questions pop up and with only two episodes left!!!

I’m happy that Vision finally found out the truth about his existence and his life prior to the Hex. He was never going to stay quite in this perfect sitcom world when he knew that people were out there being forced to play roles in this hijacked town.

I love Kat Dennings. I always sense that any character she plays is partially her real personality; it can get annoying at times but, love it or hate it she is who she is, off and on camera.

Monica finally got her powers!!!! I was really hoping for a Wanda and Monica showdown but, unfortunately Agnes showed up to stop the battle before it escalated. This series is definitely about the ways people deal with grief in their own ways. Monica was getting through to Wanda but, of course...

Here comes Agnes. At that point Agnes knew the jig was up so, why hide it. What’s the deal with the cavern? And what is that cube in the center of it? Could that be what’s keeping everyone in the Hex in line since as Wanda stated she doesn’t have total control of what everybody does or doesn’t do in town.
                          [/SPOILER]

Comment

[SPOILER]I think everyone figured out that Agnes was Agatha Harkness very early on in the series. [/SPOILER]
                            A lot of people, online, suspected it, long before the show started. I'd say that it was an open secret that Agnes would turn out to be a villain. I mean, she's played by Kathryn Hahn. When you look at the actors of the other Westview residents... I'd say that the highest profile of the other recurring residents are Debra Jo Rupp and Emma Caulfield (Rupp from That 70's Show and Caulfield from Buffy). It's like on American detective shows: the biggest name is generally the villain.

[SPOILER]Or for that matter what ever happened to Pietro?[/SPOILER]
                            Did you miss the midcredit sequence?

[SPOILER] I was really hoping for a Wanda and Monica showdown but, unfortunately Agnes showed up to stop the battle before it escalated.[/SPOILER]
                            I'm glad that it didn't happen. Wanda's had her powers for years, and used them in battle many times. Monica's had them for mere minutes. Have no experience. Nor aware of what her powers are or can do. Having them fight, and (the freshly mutated and inexperienced) Monica being able to handle it right not would be ridiculous.

[SPOILER]And what is that cube in the center of it? [/SPOILER]
                            That wasn't a cube. It was a book. Double checked with the audio description. It doesn't say which book, but my money is on the Darkhold. Its appearance (appearance meaning both physical appearance and presence) on Agents of SHIELD will likely be ignored.

Still curious to know, who "Dottie Jones" is. She makes a cameo appearance in this episode. They never established her real identity in episode 4 (where they also didn't establish the identity of "Agnes"). They established the identity of several Westview residents, including one-shots like "Beverly".
                            Last edited by jon-el87; 02-20-2022, 08:30 AM.

Comment

[SPOILER]Did you miss the midcredit sequence?[/SPOILER]
                              Yes, I watched some YouTube reviews which mentioned an after credit scene and watched it.

[SPOILER]I'm glad that it didn't happen. Wanda's had her powers for years, and used them in battle many times. Monica's had them for mere minutes. Have no experience. Nor aware of what her powers are or can do. Having them fight, and (the freshly mutated and inexperienced) Monica being able to handle it right not would be ridiculous.[/SPOILER]
                              She may not have control over her abilities but, she still has military training and I’m sure enough experience to at least be able to defend herself. Sometimes you have to suspend your disbelief especially with comic book properties and just in enjoy the ride.

[SPOILER]That wasn't a cube. It was a book. Double checked with the audio description. It doesn't say which book, but my money is on the Darkhold. Its appearance (appearance meaning both physical appearance and presence) on Agents of SHIELD will likely be ignored.[/SPOILER]
                              Yeah, definitely didn’t know what that was or that it was AoS related.

Still curious to know, [SPOILER]who "Dottie Jones" is. She makes a cameo appearance in this episode. They never established her real identity in episode 4 (where they also didn't establish the identity of "Agnes"). They established the identity of several Westview residents, including one-shots like "Beverly".[/SPOILER]
                              Could she be the person that Jimmy Woo has been looking for in Witness Protection? Which would explain why she still hasn’t been identified in the real world.
                              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 02-19-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Yeah, definitely didn’t know what that was or that it was AoS related.
                                It's just my theory. It hasn't been revealed/confirmed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎