Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "King Shark vs. Gorilla Grodd" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Count down and talk about tonight's Flash LIVE while it airs here, if you want!

And as an excuse to get people onto the forum... here's an "Inside" video with some preview clips:

Great battle between Gotilla Grodd and King Shark. At least Barry is seen more.

Comment

First of all, JOE'S BACK!!!!! YAY!!!!!

I did like this episode overall but that "ask for consent for the cure" argument really irked me more than anything, I was actually furious that they went that route. I get Caitlin and Cisco want the cure to be a choice for other metas but in the heat of the moment, like earlier, you can't wait to ask permission or consent, especially when KingShark clearly isn't listening to the device and about to bite Cisco in half. Barry had to think on his feet and is the only one who actively prevented what could've been a needless death. And then when Barry asked "what was I supposed to do," neither of them gave an answer and Cisco was chewing him out like he wasn't a split second away from dying and he couldn't vibe out of his grasp. I don't know who on the staff wrote that argument into the episode but that was a terrible, god awful and frankly unnecessarily forced conflict put in for the sake of the episode.

Comment

Yeah, the "argument" between Cisco and Barry was BS and really not needed. I mean, Barry was in the right and didn't need to apologize or explain himself in that situation. I mean, it wasn't this was some meta like Ralph who was just standing there and enjoying the scenery and Barry suddenly forced the cure on him....this was King Shark was about to have Cisco for lunch and Barry saved him. All in all, just some stupid drama to fill up the episode.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the episode and had a small hope of seeing Cicada try to come in and take on both Grodd and King Shark.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
          Yeah, the "argument" between Cisco and Barry was BS and really not needed. I mean, Barry was in the right and didn't need to apologize or explain himself in that situation. I mean, it wasn't this was some meta like Ralph who was just standing there and enjoying the scenery and Barry suddenly forced the cure on him....this was King Shark was about to have Cisco for lunch and Barry saved him. All in all, just some stupid drama to fill up the episode.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the episode and had a small hope of seeing Cicada try to come in and take on both Grodd and King Shark.
          The worst part is, as many have pointed out, only a couple of weeks ago everyone on Team Flash was ready to force the cure on Cicada because he was such a threat, Caitlin included, so now as of this episode both of them are coming off like consent for the cure has to be an absolute, no exceptions. If there's one thing I've learned from watching the Flash for 5 years and pretty much any other show, it's that villains DO NOT give consent when it comes to dealing with an enemy so offering that to Cicada just sounds moronic because he has no issue burying that dagger in any meta's ribcage without a second thought.

The idea of giving people a choice on the cure is a good one on paper and well-intended, but in the situation with Cisco nearly being eaten for example, there need to be serious exceptions to that rule because the next time that happens the bad guy will definitely not give them a choice. And furthermore, I guarantee Barry would've moved even faster than that if that were Iris.
          Last edited by AsteroidMike; 03-06-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎