Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Nihilism"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Nihilism"?

Well, I finally got to see this episode and, for the most part I have to say I was kinda bored?

We start with Dean’s ‘dream’ of owning a bar (which, wait what? Where did that come from? Last time we saw Dean’s ‘perfect world’ he was a mechanic. Why now a bar?). Sam is on a hunting trip with Cas in this (no way does Dean let Sam go hunting without him. No way.).

Pamela is there (why? She’s never been that big a part of the boys lives?). And Dean takes out vamps every day in the loop, after turning down an offer to sell the bar (anyone else get the feeling that was a subtle ‘get Dean to say yes to a deal’ Michael thing?).

Sam, Cas and Jack trap Michael with the cuffs and then need to call upon the Reaper to help them. Jessica, it seems, is unavailable and Violet is taking a shift. She takes them to the Bunker (except it was really Billie).

Michael messes with people, telling Jack that Dean wasn’t sad when Jack died cause he wasn’t Sam or Cas (which belies the whole spiel he gives later to Dean about Sam and Cas being burdens).

We find out why Michael wants to destroy the world (oh good. More Daddy issues. *yawns* We get it. God was a bad parent.).

Sam and Cas go into Dean’s head and tell him the truth. At first blocked, then they get through and he remembers. Michael taunts them (the ‘perdition’ line was the best part of the episode, imo) and then this happens:
    Michael tells Dean about how he feels Sam will always abandon him. I got the feeling that Michael was lying about a lot of stuff (like Dean seeing Sam and Cas just as burdens, etc.) but I do think that this is true. Michael mixing truth with a lie, type thing. I do think that Dean’s big fear (maybe not biggest but up there) is that Sam will leave him again. He’s done it several times after all (Stanford, Amelia, etc.) so…

It just felt very true and real and I was hoping Sam would refute it. Was kinda disappointed he didn’t.

Dean vs. Dean then everyone fights.

Back in the real world (can I tell you how much I don’t care about Maggie and the other hunters? I was so bored during those bits. Also, how stupid was she that she didn’t even test the guy after he went to investigate and came back ‘fine’?) Jack uses his powers, burning off more of his soul. I feel like they are setting up Jack to ‘go bad’ by using up all his soul (a la Soulless!Sam).

They defeat Michael but can’t bring him out without hurting Dean so they lock him up, turning Dean into the cage. Yeah, that’s not gonna hold for long, boys.

Cas gives Jack a lecture and Dean talks to Billie who says there’s only 1 death book that doesn’t end in disaster. She shows it to him but we don’t find out what it says.
    10--Better than a beer at the bar
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than burning off part of your soul
    0%

Interesting twist they put on Jack's powers. He can use them, but at a price.....he loses a bit of his soul anytime. I have to that's a creative way of doing so it really limits them from using Jack to solve their weekly problems with general ease. But of course, he'll use them one more time before the seasons end in a big way and as a result, we get a arc where Jack has no soul and they need to solve that and so and so on, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
      But of course, he'll use them one more time before the seasons end in a big way and as a result, we get a arc where Jack has no soul and they need to solve that and so and so on, lol
      I agree (and I've seen other fans say the same) that it does seem to be heading that direction. I'll be a little disappointed if it does because it will be so predictable.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎