0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 Bad
    0%

I disagreed with the title, they tied Agent Liberty into the first three seasons with his viewpoint and why he is becoming the anti-alien villain. I like seeing Supergirl’s whole team working together as they are racing against Agent Liberty and the Graves.

Comment

I thought this was a great episode. Too often we get a show that lines up a big bad and their motivation is sketchy at best. This episode give us a look at why Agent Liberty is taking on this anti-alien/Earth First stance

When you look at the surface, a lot of people were effected by the major events of the last couple of years, but his motivation goes further. He lost his job due to his Xenophobia, lost his house following the Daxamite invasion, lost his father due to Reign and the World Killers, they have managed to give him an extra dimension as a villain.

Comment

I find it interesting how they're finally showing the other side of the story here. showing all the consequences for everything they did in past seasons.

One of the show's biggest flaws is that it sometimes tend to be very one-sided in how it represents issues out there, and often made the other side a strawman and then being preachy about things. And worse, it isn't even very successful in trying to convince the viewers that they were in the right.

Like with the episode about gun control, for example. They had the DEO agents give up their guns, and then in the very next episode DEO agents had their asses handed to them because of it. I feel that their message about gun rights or whatever else that they were trying to tell us, failed big time because of that. Just didn't make sense. And of course nobody even brought up that Alex and the others were clearly wrong for taking away the guns from the DEO agents.

Now, obviously Agent Liberty is in the wrong here right now but it's still refreshing to see that he isn't some one-dimensional villain, and that he actually does have some very valid reasons for feeling the way he does.
        Last edited by Aurora Moon; 10-29-2018, 10:16 PM. Reason: I accidently a word.

Comment

Why does the whole of the Fake-FBI aka the DEO appear at the scene of a worker's brawl. Even with aliens involved, isn't that still local P.D. jurisdiction?

And what did J'onn mean when he said that they should be glad that Supergirl didn't went further? Who appointed her judge and executioner?

The only thing this episode convinced me of was that the Graves' are not in it for "the cause". Not that Liberty is actually wrong in his argument that Earth should be a planet for those species that had their evolution taken here.

I also find it a jarring (even as a non-American) on how they glossed over that whole Alien President issue. Every day on the news I hear another story on how President Trump lied or misconstrued the truth. And the fictional answer to that was "Yeah, we do it, too, but we're the good guys!".
          Last edited by DJ Doena; 10-30-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I'm guessing that they'll be touching on the Alien President angle a bit more in the next couple of episodes, this one was mostly to set up the motivations of the villain of the season

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎