Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Scar?"

What did you think?

So, mystery upon mystery.

We start with Dean being freaked out by Sam’s beard. “Duck Dynasty called and they want it all back.” LOL

Dean’ says he can’t remember anything from the time he said yes until he was back. We later find out that’s not true.

Dean freaking out about changes to the Bunker, especially Sam being called “Chief”. Knowing how Dean likes to play up the Big Brother role and be in charge, this was very fitting.

Mary and Bobby, we are told, stayed behind to help with clean up.

There are 2 scars on Dean’s arm (they are not connected and look like 2 separate ones so why “The Scar”? I mean, I know it was made with one weapon but…?).

Calling Jodie and telling her Dean is okay. They find out Kaia’s killer gave Michael that scar. And that Kaia’s killer is…Kaia.

Dean back behind the wheel with Baby. Yes!

Jodie likes the beard (love the little “see?” look that Sam gives Dean behind Jodie’s back. Cute!) and then they go off to hunt.

Meanwhile, Cas and the Hunter stay behind to help the gal who was spelled by the witch. Jack leaves note (a la Nick, apparently) but stops to help out the girl. Cas mentions they called Rowena for help and they do the spell only it backfires and apparently kills her. Jack eventually figures out the mystery and saves the day. Nice.

Dean and Sam and Jodie track down Dark Kaia (as she is apparently being referred to by fandom) and Dean goes all Season 4 (post his time in Hell) Dean. We get a flashback to the Michael vs. Kaia fight and then the vamps show up and Kaia kills them, saving our merry band. Then she disappears. Seeing as how that spear is one of the few things that can hurt Michael a.) I’m surprised Dean let her go like that and b.) you know it’s going to come back into play later.

Cas and Jack have a talk about how proud Cas is of him and make a plan to go hunting. Jack keeps coughing, eventually coughing up blood. He’s sick, possibly dying? Because he’s human now or some other reason? I feel like this is an uncessesary complication and am a bit dismayed (also, c’mon. Even if he does die—unlikely but still—he’ll be back. This is Supernatural. No one stays dead).

Dean and Sam have a talk in the car about how Dean saw some of what was happening but mostly that he was “drowning” and, though he fought, he couldn’t get free. That he blames himself for Michael’s actions because he said yes. I was waiting for Sam to say something along the lines of “at least you didn’t say Yes to Lucifer” and point out that what he did was pretty similar but no. Bit disappointed by that. If anyone understands, it’s Sam, after all.

So, while I did enjoy this episode, we created more mysteries (I feel) than we solved. I know the season has just started and we won’t get answers yet but piling on more mysteries (Jack, Kaia, the spear, etc.)….?

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎