Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lex Luthor Coming to Supergirl!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

And of course to commiserate Lex Luthor...I looked up the videos of the actor's scenes in Superman VI as Lenny Luthor:

Comment

From an acting perspective, it's a good choice. I feel Cryer can turn on the dark and sinister if need be.

But from a writing perspective, it makes zero sense because there are obvious age issues. Brenda Strong is supposed to play his mother, yet she's just 5 years older. At the same time, Cryer is about 18 years older than Katie McGrath. In Luthors we were never told how much older Lex is than Lena, but it was clearly less than 18 years.

So yeah, in favor of a good casting choice, they overlooked some basic laws of nature.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Lex is supposed to be 10 years old in the flashback from "Luthors" while Lena is meant to be 4 years old there, so whether or not Cryer's real-life age is an issue is going to be dependent on how he contrasts, physically, with Brenda and Katie.

Comment

They could just explain the age gap (more with concern to Brenda) that in a failed experiment/attempt to kill Superman, Lex unintentionally caused himself to age about a decade or whatever age they’ll say he is.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
            They could just explain the age gap (more with concern to Brenda) that in a failed experiment/attempt to kill Superman, Lex unintentionally caused himself to age about a decade or whatever age they’ll say he is.
            Probably. Or kryptonite poisoning. They definitely have to come up with something though. Because I don't think presenting him as someone who's in his late 30s or early 40s would work.

Comment

^ Calista Flockhart was able to believably play younger, so it's going to depend on the physical contrast between Cryer, Brenda, and Katie.

Comment

First look at Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor:

http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl...as-lex-luthor/

He looks the part of a criminal who happens to be bald but, let’s get a clip of him next (some dialogue maybe interaction with Kara, Lena and/or Lillian)

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎